• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

• Premium Member

But there is couple of things that got me thinking and worrying about is:

- That the Hawks needs assistance from the city, But here is the question about that, what type of assistance do the Hawks need?  Phillips is okay, the lease is still good for next couple of years and it is in a good place.  So what other assitstance do they need?

- That selling Turner Field is a good idea but why do the Hawks need that money when they should be in place unless there is something else that we dont know of.

- It sounds like there is alot of people that want to buy the team and move them (Seattle?, Las Vegas?, or St Louis?)

- Most of the comments he was saying, that make me think that NBA would probably buy off of moving the team to another city, even know that moving the team is crazy with the new TV Deal and expansion on the way.

f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f***!

My gut is telling me that Dominique is siding with the Gearons and they are going to be hanging around for a while. This all stems from that f***ing statue.

Does Nique deserve a statue? Man, that is a tough call. I love him, he's awesome. He never really led the team anywhere and this Organization (led by Turner with his cronie Gearon Sr.) just f***ed Nique over. So I'm ambivalent to Nique getting a statue. You could toss in a few more arguments that maybe we should have one for Bob Petit or Walt Bellamy or Lou Hudson...

But if all of this backstabbing and shifty moves and all around awful news has been somehow influenced all because of a freaking statue. Man. Not sure how I feel about that except pissed off.

Dude dont f*ck up my high..gimme the Nique statue..please

f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f***!

My gut is telling me that Dominique is siding with the Gearons and they are going to be hanging around for a while. This all stems from that f***ing statue.

Does Nique deserve a statue? Man, that is a tough call. I love him, he's awesome. He never really led the team anywhere and this Organization (led by Turner with his cronie Gearon Sr.) just f***ed Nique over. So I'm ambivalent to Nique getting a statue. You could toss in a few more arguments that maybe we should have one for Bob Petit or Walt Bellamy or Lou Hudson...

But if all of this backstabbing and shifty moves and all around awful news has been somehow influenced all because of a freaking statue. Man. Not sure how I feel about that except pissed off.

I have to disagreed on you on that.  Nique has been very loyal to this organization even after he was traded to the Clippers.  I believe that he deserve that statue no matter what.

• Premium Member

You're missing the point.

Maybe I should say I don't give a f*** about whether or not Dominique gets a statue. That is more of my opinion anyway.

It's this other shit that is pissing me off.

I love Nique but I agree. The ASG sticking around is not good.

That is the reason why the buyers must put up enough money to make those clowns disappear for good.  Or just let people know about this, we as fans have a voice and we can use it.  Everybody know that Jr. is a toad and he need to disappear for good.

Man if the Hawks are really possibly moving out of Atlanta, I would be heartbroken.  I imagine A. Blank is like, "No Braves, No Hawks?"

But any team that wants to relocated, they must get approved by the NBA.  They have already stop the Kings from moving to Seattle and Keep the Bucks (on a short leash) from moving, they would be crazy to lose Atlanta, even know that the fan support isnt there but they will lose the viewers they have here and that could affect the next TV contact that they are trying to finish.

Also I was reading on ESPN, that the city be willing to offer financial incentives up to $150 million to ensure franchise stays here (if they sell Turner Field).

Edited by NekiEcko

• Moderators

I am also skeptical about this "financial incentives" stuff, especially to a team that is freshly apologizing to a fanbase that just got slapped by its owners: "We're sorry the fans we really want are spooked out by many of you, but may we have some more of your revenues, please?"

Even if it's not direct taxation, why do they need to have City revenues shifted now? Why does the prospect of new ownership suddenly make this an imperative? I do hope Kasim fleshed this announcement through Council. I won't be surprised to hear a lot of "Wait, what?" from the Council.

This just smacks of years of willful local inaction, staying dormant in hopes the A$G tremors never return... and scrambling now that they're here.

~lw3

• Premium Member

Here's to hoping the new "partner" isn't on the same page with the rest of the ASG and ACTUALLY WANTS TO AND WILL SPEND MONEY to improve the product on the floor. After all this, Levenson owes the fans that much for his part in all this.

I'm wondering if there is a lot of posturing going on now.  1.)  Gearon and friends maybe wouldn't mind selling at all, but may be trying to drive up the price for their share by playing hard to get (or driving down the value of Levenson's share by being their normal a-hole selves. )  2.) Mayor Reed may be talking about handing out some money and when city council says "WTF - why are we giving them $?" - if the Hawks leave town, Reed can blame the council. 

• Like 1