• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

I'm wondering if there is a lot of posturing going on now. 1.) Gearon and friends maybe wouldn't mind selling at all, but may be trying to drive up the price for their share by playing hard to get (or driving down the value of Levenson's share by being their normal a-hole selves. ) 2.) Mayor Reed may be talking about handing out some money and when city council says "WTF - why are we giving them $?" - if the Hawks leave town, Reed can blame the council.

The Hawks can't afford anymore scandals and underhanded ness.

• Moderators

Maybe the two are related.  Who has deep pockets?  Who likes to throw money at impossible projects?  Who ignores a its consumers like nobody's business?  Who makes the politics and dysfunction of the ASG look normal? Uncle Sam thats who.  I'm breaking it here first, the Government is buying the Hawks.  

And we all know the Government loves overpaying employees for half-ass work.  They'll love the Hawks.

• Like 2

Steve Kyler: I have heard there is no shortage of suitors to buy the team. I had a league source tell me there is a billionaire hedge fund guy in New York that seems poised to out-bid, but we’ll see. Until then, Coach Bud is running the show. I think that will change fairly soon after an owner is in place. There isn’t much that needs to be done with the roster, in the short term. Basketball Insiders

Atlanta Hawks, Owners, New York, Bruce Levenson

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.ThqFVK9k.dpuf

Another question - how in the heck is Turner Field worth $150 million.  Maybe they are going to move the Gwinnett Braves to Atlanta? They could call them "The Atlanta Braves. Who else needs a baseball stadium?

The land not the stadium.  The rights to the land is worth that and more to GSU etc.  

• Moderators

Well screw him. 

Exactly.  He knows why people were asking.  No need to be rude about it.  Just respectfully decline while thanking people for the vote of confidence in thinking he could help right the ship.

So, yeah, screw him .... well, not really, considering the circumstances.

• Moderators

From a Lang Greene chat a couple days ago.   I don't know if this has been posted

Once the games begin I don’t believe the Bruce Levenson / Danny Ferry stuff will be too much of a distraction on the floor. The players will play. The coaches will coach. Where you may find some slippage is in fan attendance … but I even highly doubt that occurs. See, fans attend sporting events selfishly. Lots of first dates. It’s something to do on a weekend. Philips Arena is in a good location. I expect Hawks fan attendance to remain steady … 15-18th in the league range once again.

The biggest issue is how the organization is being viewed externally. Carmelo Anthony’s recent comments were a big blow for the credibility of the franchise among elite players. The top guys talk with each other and Melo publicly throwing the death blow to Atlanta as a destination in free agency undoubtedly will hurt the franchise in years to come — unless the right moves are made to clean up this mess.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/chat/nba-chat-with-lang-greene-91714/

I don't know if Lang Greene is all there. His comments seem to sound reasonable if you aren't actually paying attention to what he is saying. It's a bunch of buzz words surrounded by a sea of nothingness, or flat out wrong statements.

The Hawks weren't 15-18th in attendance so it isn't possible for them to be in that range "once again". The more I started to follow him, the more frustrating it is to read him as he throws out bullshit like that all the time. Then of course he has wishy-washy statements of "oh it's a DEATH BLOW, well unless it isn't".

Yeah I haven't cared for anything the guy has said in quite some time. He's just a name that some people know now, nothing more. 

Yeah I haven't cared for anything the guy has said in quite some time. He's just a name that some people know now, nothing more. 

Kinda like that Dolfan cat.  I mean the only reason we read his posts is to see his avatar, amirite?  Wait, is this thing on ...

Seriously though, I think you're probably right re. Lang.  Seems to have jumped the shark to a degree.

Why was Lang ever relevant to begin with? Did he have a couple of interviews with actual players that got his foot in the door? Because man, he is a complete stinker now. Take him off the Hawksquawk Tweet bar!

And on a sidenote, there's a new website called the Mid-Level Exceptional. It's supposed to be a business related blog that is a part of the Hardwood Paroxysm network. ANYWAY, they are terrible. Avoid them at all costs because they don't cite their data (which is wrong) and most of them lack an actual understanding of the CBA. It's just bad.

That should be the name we use to describe @kg01 from now on! 

I think its the problem of too many Gearon's scaring the billionaires away from Phillips arena.  Too many Atlanta Spirit Goofs still hanging around the teams offices.  Too big of a chance they will see one of "them" on kiss cam with an "Owners First Win" basketball.  Too many tape recordings of other owners and execs.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think its the problem of too many Gearon's scaring the billionaires away from Phillips arena.  Too many Atlanta Spirit Goofs still hanging around the teams offices.  Too big of a chance they will see one of "them" on kiss cam with an "Owners First Win" basketball.  Too many tape recordings of other owners and execs.

Nailed it!