• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

• Moderators

One of my other head-scratchers... what is this stuff about Ferry "will be disciplined." Will be?

If I break out with a non-radio-edit of "Gold Digger" in the midst of a business meeting, I wouldn't be waiting three days, much less three months, for the resulting discipline to arrive at my cubicle.

~lw3

• Like 3

• Moderators

So basically Ferry had a Freudian slip and is getting punished for it. Wow, just wow. Not even reading text is safe from political correctness.

Honestly, it feels like the offended owner has his own agenda and wants Ferry/Levenson out. This reeks of Gearon Jr..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Moderators

Similar to the ham-fisted and lazy excuse they cited that hockey can't work in warm-weather cities.

Except Los Angeles.

And Tampa.

And Dallas.

And Raleigh.

And Anaheim.

Oh wait, these cities had hockey owners that gave a damn about the sport, hired competent management, and won at least one championship which earned the fans' respect and built new markets for hockey.

In the end, ASG are just lazy and unimaginative owners, and they keep using Atlanta fans as the scapegoat, and the media and outsiders bought it because it fit their misconceptions of our fan base and city.

And let's not forget the Panthers have been outside of Miami for over 20 years and in Nashville, they've put down the fiddles for hockey sticks for over 15 years. You build it and show you give a damn, the fans will come and support you.

• Like 4

One of my other head-scratchers... what is this stuff about Ferry "will be disciplined." Will be?

If I break out with a non-radio-edit of "Gold Digger" in the midst of a business meeting, I wouldn't be waiting three days, much less three months, for the resulting discipline to arrive at my cubicle.

~lw3

Thanks for the lulz again.  Now I'm picturing Ferry standing on the conference room table all, "But she ain't messin' wit' no broke ..."

Whoa, Danny!

So basically Ferry had a Freudian slip and is getting punished for it. Wow, just wow. Not even reading text is safe from political correctness.

Honestly, it feels like the offended owner has his own agenda and wants Ferry/Levenson out. This reeks of Gearon Jr..

I agree this sounds like Gearon trying to weasel his way back in.  However, as @lethalweapon3 said, Ferry can't be quoting Tupac out loud in the middle of a conference call.

U can blame the ownership but this team can have Mark Cuban and still people are not going to come.

Nonsense. Get an owner that's a passionate fan, and people will believe again. 8 middle aged corporate guys suing each other isn't very inspiring, especially when the team hasn't sniffed the conference finals, ever.

Edited by Bahamut

• Moderators

What in the world is anyone saying, much less reading, that's racially insensitive about Luol Deng, of all people? Is Blanche Knott writing up scout reports these days? Not right for any player to be remarked about, but Lu? Really?

~lw3

• Premium Member

I guess this is the reason why the Hawks let go former PR Arthur Triche?

1st thing DF did out the gate

• Moderators

As the news broke yesterday:

For the unfamiliar out-of-towners, Arthur Triche went on to become the executive producer at 92.9 The Game sports talk radio.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I do hope that the whole effort to waste time going from this:

kqhjtzl2ik3gnxsnwsn8yf002.gif

to this:

5mdhgjh3aa92kih09pgi.gif

was not based on some foolhardy attempt to appeal to Levenson's allegedly "uncomfortable" "southern whites," if you get my Dixieland drift.

I like to think I'm overreaching with this particular thought. Sadly, I'm not so sure it's possible to "overreach" anymore, not with this crew anyway.

~lw3

• Like 4

• Premium Member

As another possibly unfortunate matter of awful timing, when is the official press conference and announcement scheduled for this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvCMh3qRFJM

He's still not showing up on the Hawks roster. That presser oughta be fun now.

~lw3

Are you saying Bazemore has not been officially signed?

• Moderators

A part of the CNN article that stood out:

A man answering the phone at his Maryland home told CNN that Levenson was not taking any phone calls.

So hold the f*** up, Levenson doesn't even live in Atlanta, yet he is making snap judgements about our citizens?!? You have got to be kidding me. Every city is different. Atlanta isn't like New York w/ Harlem or Brooklyn... Yes, there are areas in Atlanta that you just don't go to, but I have never felt uncomfortable in an area where my white ass is the minority. I see Hawks fans and fellow Atlantans, not black or white fans nor does/should anyone else. Yes, we aren't colorblind; I know what a black guy looks like and the stereotypes that go along with every race, but I'm not scared away from an event because I think all of College Park is going to be there.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Are you saying Bazemore has not been officially signed?

As far as I can tell, yes. We've had the media announce the agreement to sign, back in July, but nothing official from the team yet.

Ferry may have been holding out to make personnel moves, but what can Ferry do while he's on Double-Secret Probation?

Training camp kicks off in a couple of weeks.

~lw3

• Moderators

I agree this sounds like Gearon trying to weasel his way back in. However, as @lethalweapon3 said, Ferry can't be quoting Tupac out loud in the middle of a conference call.

If this is Gearon Jr. at it again, then I have a special message to the rest of the ownership group:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M37HHf099oM

Doh! There's that crazy rap music again that 40-year old white middle managers don't understand! There goes the neighborhood!

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1