• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

• Premium Member

I think after all the smoke clears many will think about Ferry differently. So if you thought he had trouble connecting with top talent before this...well I don't see that improving after this.

I can see that being the case as well. Levenson is not the only problem here.

I've lived my whole life in Atlanta and I can tell you that I've heard that kind of stuff from the email a thousand times in my life and it's always from people outside of the deep south.   People don't realize how 'integrated' the south is in places, even when the whites are racists.   

I just can't believe he wrote a 10 page email and never once mentioned that season tix are low because the organization has been a joke and they do zero marketing.   Stupid asshole.   Go back where you came from please.   The thing that email exposed is how much Bruce loves to hear himself talk.   Way to ruin the good vibes this team had going.   

Totally agree.  I'd add that the north is probably more racist than the south is now overall.

The email also exposes something we all knew and others are starting to learn - the reason for the Hawks' middling situation is and has always been due to poor ownership/management.

• Moderators

C-Viv advancing in his career at the expense of the Hawls integrity. lol

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 3

I can see that being the case as well. Levenson is not the only problem here.

Remember Ferry was hand-picked by Levenson and IIRC one of Ferry's main reasons for leaving SAntonio was his confidence in Levenson solidifying the ownership situation or w/e.

I imagine his future is in doubt considering he aligned himself with the portion of the ownership group that's now leaving.  LOL, I can't wait for @Alex (aka Ferry's #1 fan) to weigh in.

Edited by kg01

• Moderators

One word came to mind about Levenson after he read the email. I wasn't going to say it because I don't want my 'Squawk membership sold. But dammit I need to stand up. But the word that came to mind, and I can't use it because I am not one is:

Carpetbagger {/sarcasm}

a little tongue-and-cheek here since this is nowhere near as extreme as the true Civil War carpetbaggers, but seriously f*** northerns who come down here and make claims about southerners that is pure nonsense

I find that to be the truth.   See: Liberty Media.

• Moderators

One word came to mind about Levenson after he read the email. I wasn't going to say it because I don't want my 'Squawk membership sold. But dammit I need to stand up. But the word that came to mind, and I can't use it because I am not one is:

Carpetbagger {/sarcasm}

a little tongue-and-cheek here since this is nowhere near as extreme as the true Civil War carpetbaggers, but seriously f*** northerns who come down here and make claims about southerners that is pure nonsense

I am contacting Dolfan, AHF, and lw3 about this comment.  We will have a conference of moderators and discuss the possibility to bring in an outside law firm to conduct a full investigation on this site because I feel offended by that word and Hawksquawk is no place for derogatory terms such as this. You will be punished "in excess".  lmao

I agree though... I hate when people make snap judgements with only half the facts and on misguided opinions.  What's that saying about making assumptions?  When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me? lol

I do hope that the whole effort to waste time going from this:

kqhjtzl2ik3gnxsnwsn8yf002.gif

to this:

5mdhgjh3aa92kih09pgi.gif

was not based on some foolhardy attempt to appeal to Levenson's allegedly "uncomfortable" "southern whites," if you get my Dixieland drift.

I like to think I'm overreaching with this particular thought. Sadly, I'm not so sure it's possible to "overreach" anymore, not with this crew anyway.

~lw3

Wow - that is interesting.

Well that was short. Less than 2 minutes.

Basically nothing said outside of screwing up a fact (Levenson does not own the majority of shares for the Hawks, he is a controlling owner and owns more than any other singular owner) then saying it was a racist statement.

wait-for-it.gif

Had to be done.

I'm also peeved at your being surprised at CVivian screwing up a fact.

• Premium Member

I've always had a great disdain for this bunch of clowns called the ASG.  You can now see why Deng was not signed.  As a business person you can read the "tea leaves" of the things they have and have not done and it usually, like now comes out in the wash.

Does coach Bud wanna stay now?

What a mess.

Edited by Vol4ever

In an exclusive interview with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Sunday night, Koonin said while it has not been his focus immediately following the revelation about Levenson there will be no shortage of potential buyers for his shares in the team. “I had over seven phone calls directly today from multi-billionaires,” Koonin said. “It blew my mind some of the people who wrote me today.” Atlanta Journal-Constitution - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.uTurgnKN.dpuf

• Premium Member

In an exclusive interview with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Sunday night, Koonin said while it has not been his focus immediately following the revelation about Levenson there will be no shortage of potential buyers for his shares in the team. “I had over seven phone calls directly today from multi-billionaires,” Koonin said. “It blew my mind some of the people who wrote me today.” Atlanta Journal-Constitution - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.uTurgnKN.dpuf

Positive.   I do have a issue with the group as a whole.  If you cant afford to compete on the free agent level then you might as well to someone who has the money.

Positive. I do have a issue with the group as a whole. If you cant afford to compete on the free agent level then you might as well to someone who has the money.

I hope it's a buyer(s) who is interested in buying out all the other A$G

I've always had a great disdain for this bunch of clowns called the ASG.  You can now see why Deng was not signed.  As a business person you can read the "tea leaves" of the things they have and have not done and it usually, like now comes out in the wash.

Does coach Bud wanna stay now?

What a mess.

I'd say he'll read how the situation develops.  I remember a year or so ago we all had a discussion about whether or not he'd return to SA to replace Pop once he's gone.  Most here thought the notion was poppycock.  With this happening I imagine Budz would have a lean to return there.

Jibes with what the guy said on NBA radio this morning.  Our hope is the prospective buyer wants to buy them all out and keep the team here.

• Premium Member

Is there an excerpt of what Ferry read?

That hasn't been revealed, but I don't see how they can keep that quiet for long. I think players and agents are going to want to know what he read and why he thought it was okay to say it in a professional setting.