• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are you rushing to judgment on Danny Ferry?

Admin

Well I just mean...would a "scout" really say something like that?  I could see the "has a little African in him" comment - and that can be interpreted multiple ways (maybe that he still has hops?) - but why in the world would an NBA scout write something about "if he had a store?...."

It also doesn't make any sense coming from Ferry either though.  Odd.

None of it makes sense to me, not even the little African part. 

he was saying that while he appears legit  hes not what he appears - which is pretty accurate . I dont get why he didnt just say that and save us the " whip the masses to a frenzy " crowd a potential heart attack.

Yeah his point made sense, the way he went about it didn't. I'm hoping it's drugs or alcohol at this point! 

I'm not going to judge Ferry until we hear the supposed recording of that conference call...

If Gearon Jr. actually has the tape and it's as damning as his letter wants you to believe, why hasn't he released it already? That would for sure be the nail in the coffin for Ferry and that's clearly what Gearon wants. Makes you think that the tape either doesn't exist or that it does and it's not nearly as bad as it's being made out to be.

I guess, at the end of the day, this all just gives us a glimpse behind the scenes of the ASG.  We all figured it was clown school, this just gives us validation of our thinking.  Neither Levenson's email nor Ferry's "did he read it, did he not read it, was it a scout, was it him" comments make any sense in a supposed business setting.

vocal minorities - the majority had better stand up or this same nonsense may bite you in the butt one day .  But if you guys want to jump on the " get the racist " bandwagon , chose any comment coming form the Rev Al Sharpton  - hes made several racist comments through the years but it never seems to matter to the " vocal minority." Funny how that works huh?

Vocal minorities ...

- which include most of the Black basketball fans in metro Atlanta

- a good chunk of the White Hawks fans

- most of the Atlanta media

- most of the national media

- some of the NBA past and present players

- 1 or 2 Hawks owners

- and Deng himself.

I'm not going to judge Ferry until we hear the supposed recording of that conference call...

If Gearon Jr. actually has the tape and it's as damning as his letter wants you to believe, why hasn't he released it already? That would for sure be the nail in the coffin for Ferry and that's clearly what Gearon wants. Makes you think that the tape either doesn't exist or that it does and it's not nearly as bad as it's being made out to be.

- So the GM admits to saying this

- The GM is willing to accept the punishment from Koonin

- You can see what he said for yourself

But you need to HEAR the tape as well? OK man.

• Like 1

what Danny Ferry said it was not racist it was just politically incorrect. with that said you do have to question his judgement.

That bastard Gearon needs to be run out of town. His actions has set this team back ten years. Forget about getting coach Bud to stick around an organization ran by grown men that act like high school girls. Gearon I spit on your worthless ass

Edited by IheartFerry

I think ferry should go!...here's why:

First off weather you feel he's being mistreated or not his name "ferry" now holds negativity when viewed by others which will make getting free agents to Atlanta even harder now!

Don't get me wrong!...

If ferry was simply just repeating something than ok but the fact is, is that he shouldn't have repeated it!

The RISK....

The risk is simple...while I can admit I have liked ferry so far and was willing to give him another off season to make some significant moves for the franchise I now see that his name is going to be under the racist category no matter how this turns out.

SO GUYS BUT THE ATLANTA HAWKS FRANCHISE IS MORE IMPORTANT AND FERRYS NAME NOW HOLDS NEGATIVITY....FERRY HAS TO GO!!!!

The whole organization is gonna need cleansing after this crap. Everyone sell and start from scratch with new owners! Why does it hurt so much , so often to support this team? You would think we would receive a break at some point

what Danny Ferry said it was not racist it was just politically incorrect. with that said you do have to question his judgement.

That bastard Gearon needs to be run out of town. His actions has set this team back ten years. Forget about getting coach Bud to stick around an organization ran by grown men that act like high school girls. Gearon I spit on your worthless ass

You may not think the comments are racist but social media believes other wise.

Unfortunately that's too bad of a rep to keep labeled to the hawks franchise.

Ferry will regret these comments and his name is now shattered! Social media is killing this dudes name as a racist ass!

I mean what do you want the hawks to do? Keep him around to prove he isn't racist?...not going to happen. EVERYBODY is looking at the Atlanta hawks owners and staff as racist and the only way to change it is too get rid of everybody.

• Like 1

The whole organization is gonna need cleansing after this crap. Everyone sell and start from scratch with new owners! Why does it hurt so much , so often to support this team? You would think we would receive a break at some point

Lol exactly!....I know it's been discussed about restarting from scratch before but it's almost a sure thing after all this mess!

A part of me thinks the 'Atlanta Hawks' as it stands (name, image, etc) will NEVER get a star to come play for the franchise, especially after this. You can have a 'cleansing', but the image wasn't that good for this team to begin with. But with this, why even bother if you're a star player? Why bother even visiting the Hawks, when you would have every other team in the league after you.

A new owner might decide the best interest of the franchise is to change everything, even location. Let's not act like this was an attractive franchise before this.

You may not think the comments are racist but social media believes other wise.

Unfortunately that's too bad of a rep to keep labeled to the hawks franchise.

Ferry will regret these comments and his name is now shattered! Social media is killing this dudes name as a racist ass!

I mean what do you want the hawks to do? Keep him around to prove he isn't racist?...not going to happen. EVERYBODY is looking at the Atlanta hawks owners and staff as racist and the only way to change it is too get rid of everybody.

How did you come to this conclusion?

I did not even address Ferry,s employment situation. As far as social media is concerned , I can form a judgement without the twitter zombies help

- So the GM admits to saying this

- The GM is willing to accept the punishment from Koonin

- You can see what he said for yourself

But you need to HEAR the tape as well? OK man.

Before Gearon came out with his letter, it was reported that Ferry said "he's a good guy overall. But he's not perfect. He's got a little African in him. And I don't say that in a bad way. He's a guy who would have a nice store out front, but sell you counterfeit stuff out of the back."

Now, Gearon comes in with his letter and says that Ferry finished that quote by describing Deng as "a two-faced liar and a cheat."

Gearon backs all that up by saying, in his letter, that he and his colleagues were recording the entire call. Implying that Ferry's exact words, whatever they may be, are on that tape.

Clearly Gearon has an agenda and it's to force out Levenson and Ferry. If Gearon actually has those words coming from Ferry's mouth on tape, why would't he just get it over with?

If you want to believe everything you read online and can't see through Gearon's bullshit in his letter, be my guest, but I'll hold my judgement until the real facts come out. And they will, they always do.

Edited by WakaFlocka
  • Like 2

A part of me thinks the 'Atlanta Hawks' as it stands (name, image, etc) will NEVER get a star to come play for the franchise, especially after this. You can have a 'cleansing', but the image wasn't that good for this team to begin with. But with this, why even bother if you're a star player? Why bother even visiting the Hawks, when you would have every other team in the league after you.

A new owner might decide the best interest of the franchise is to change everything, even location. Let's not act like this was an attractive franchise before this.

The writing may in fact be on the wall. If a owner came in and wanted to tear everything down to the foundation , including the Hawks legacy , and just wanted a complete 100% reboot , I could not say I would oppose it at this point

• Like 1

Before Gearon came out with his letter, it was reported that Ferry said "he's a good guy overall. But he's not perfect. He's got a little African in him. And I don't say that in a bad way. He's a guy who would have a nice store out front, but sell you counterfeit stuff out of the back."

Now, Gearon comes in with his letter and says that Ferry finished that quote by describing Deng as "a two-faced liar and a cheat."

Gearon backs all that up by saying, in his letter, that he and his colleagues were recording the entire call. Implying that Ferry's exec words, whatever they may be, are on that tape.

Clearly Gearon has an agenda and it's to force out Levenson and Ferry. If Gearon actually has those words coming from Ferry's mouth on tape, why would't he just get it over with?

If you want to believe everything you read online and can't see through Gearon's amount of bullshit in his letter, be my guest, but I'll hold my judgement until the real facts come out. And they will, they always do.

Gearon is a snake and clearly set up both of these guys. I am ready to wash me hands with them all Edited by IheartFerry

• Moderators

Ya know, the Detroit Lions had the curse of Bobby Layne.  Is it possible that when the Hawks traded Nique, he cursed the team?  Say it ain't so, Nique...

Ya know, the Detroit Lions had the curse of Bobby Layne. Is it possible that when the Hawks traded Nique, he cursed the team? Say it ain't so, Nique...

Even if this were the case , Unique is one of the few positive pieces to this cursed clubs history. We love you Nique!

• Like 1