• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would he fit?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Clipps are about to buy out Tayshun Prince.

As I look at him, he's kinda everything we like.  Defensive, Long, can shoot.  I would take him as BU F over having Jenkins or Payne right now (leave him in the D-League).

You mean Celtics are about to buy him out. And yes, this was brought up by AHF in another thread. I believe he is one of only a few players out there who would fit our scheme and not hurt our chemistry. He also has championship pedigree with the 04 Pistons.

You mean Celtics are about to buy him out. And yes, this was brought up by AHF in another thread. I believe he is one of only a few players out there who would fit our scheme and not hurt our chemistry. He also has championship pedigree with the 04 Pistons.

Which thread is that? I want to view the comments. I think it is interesting and he would be a good option to bring in and bring off the bench. Man, a second squad of Shredder, Thabo, and Prince...even more PRESSURR defense than the starters. And I don't think it will drown the offense.

I hope we bring him in.

• Like 1

Which thread is that? I want to view the comments. I think it is interesting and he would be a good option to bring in and bring off the bench. Man, a second squad of Shredder, Thabo, and Prince...even more PRESSURR defense than the starters. And I don't think it will drown the offense.

I hope we bring him in.

Dang I'm not sure which thread. But @AHF mentioned it and I replied to his post a few days ago. Might have been one of the official game threads but again I'm not sure.

We don't need him.  Leave well enough alone when we're kicking ass and taking names.

I KNOW we don't NEED him but it is a chance to up grade the roster with an ideal Hawks/Bud system type of player. He is long, athletic, can defend 3-4 positions. He is unselfish and hustle and plays defense. He is a high character guy, that won't destroy the locker room or chemistry.

Why don't you want to bring him in?

• Like 1

We don't need him. Leave well enough alone when we're kicking ass and taking names.

I agree with not messing with the chemistry as well. But if Bud/Ferry have to do anything for any reason, I would think Prince would be one of only a handful of players that might fit in mid season and not be a distraction as well as be able to contribute during what hopefully becomes a long playoff run. The only reason I like Prince is that he's a high character guy, a veteran with championship pedigree and defense is his forte. I don't think anybody else we can pick up this season would have all of those characteristics.

But again, at the same time, I don't want to change anything. Lol

I agree with not messing with the chemistry as well. But if Bud/Ferry have to do anything for any reason, I would think Prince would be one of only a handful of players that might fit in mid season and not be a distraction as well as be able to contribute during what hopefully becomes a long playoff run. The only reason I like Prince is that he's a high character guy, a veteran with championship pedigree and defense is his forte. I don't think anybody else we can pick up this season would have all of those characteristics.

But again, at the same time, I don't want to change anything. Lol

I think he is the perfect player for our offense. He is not a volume shooter and don't get disgruntled when he don't score. What is wrong with adding quality depth that won't kill chemistry? It's not broken and adding him is not fixing it. It is adding HIGH QUALITY and VALUABLE depth.

I just imagine Shredder, Prince, Thabo, and Baze off the bench with Prince as a small 4. That is defense at its highest and the offense doesn't suffer too much. Just let Shredder create for everyone else.

• Like 1

Thing is, if you have a "well oiled machine" how can you screw it up?  Well maybe by bringing in a guy who can't really do anything much better than your young guys are already doing - and taking minutes away from them.

Sure Prince would be a nice guy to have, but in most well run organizations you go with the guys who have proved themselves.  There is a kind of a hierarchy which stays in place unless somebody starts screwing up.

Our locker room seems to be a "solid unit" from what we are told, but they are still all human beings and some are likely more friendly with one guy than the next.  You bring in an "old vet" who will take some of Baze's and Thabo's  and DMC's minutes and you may just F things up.

Personally, I think we have adequate "veteran leadership" with Millsap, AL, Korver and to some degree Jeff.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I'm voting no - in this scenario, he's essentially taking minutes away from Mike Scott. Mike Scott is younger, quicker, stronger, familiar with what Coach Bud expects, and believe it or not, comparable to Tayshaun by some advanced defensive metrics.

I'd rather keep developing Mike Scott than use up cap space to bring in a new guy whose ceiling is barely higher than what Mike Scott is already giving us.

We've been lucky health-wise so far this year, so maybe if the injury bug strikes... 

Regardless, how nice is it that Atlanta is going to start becoming a legitimate FA destination for proven veterans looking for a last championship run? It NEVER used to be like that. I remember a few years ago we were going after Shaq heavy and he never gave us serious consideration.

• Like 1

We've been lucky health-wise so far this year, so maybe if the injury bug strikes... 

Yeah...that's the other side of the argument.  What happens if we need him late in the season.  I suppose it would be good to have him if we could get him, and then just trust Bud and the veterans to keep things in line. 

Tough call.

Chances are we won't have to worry about it though - other teams will be going strong for him in order to counter what we have with DMC.

I would think that he will be a valuable asset for all contenders.

Good chance DMC will end up going against him in the playoffs.

Edited by DJlaysitup

What if bazemore or selfish for down then what? Defense wins championships. And you can never have enough of it. That's like saying I have four good tires why do I need a spare.

Thing is, if you have a "well oiled machine" how can you screw it up? Well maybe by bringing in a guy who can't really do anything much better than your young guys are already doing - and taking minutes away from them.

Sure Prince would be a nice guy to have, but in most well run organizations you go with the guys who have proved themselves. There is a kind of a hierarchy which stays in place unless somebody starts screwing up.

Our locker room seems to be a "solid unit" from what we are told, but they are still all human beings and some are likely more friendly with one guy than the next. You bring in an "old vet" who will take some of Baze's and Thabo's and DMC's minutes and you may just F things up.

Personally, I think we have adequate "veteran leadership" with Millsap, AL, Korver and to some degree Jeff.

What if bazemore or selfo goes down then what? Defense wins championships. And you can never have enough of it. That's like saying I have four good tires why do I need a spare.

Edited by lanorris41

What if bazemore or selfo goes down then what? Defense wins championships. And you can never have enough of it. That's like saying I have four good tires why do I need a spare.

Thank you. What is wrong with quality depth. We just witnessed that with our PG rotation. What happens if DMC misses significant time? Could you trust Baze in the playoffs when everything is more pressure and more intense.

• Like 2

Yes let's bring in Prince.  It's a great idea if we want to start losing.  Right now there isn't a player in the league I want added to the roster.  

Yes let's bring in Prince.  It's a great idea if we want to start losing.  Right now there isn't a player in the league I want added to the roster.

Right, because Memphis has been losing with him. No need for depth and insurance. We are going to be healthy for the entire season.

He fits perfectly of course, but I question why Memphis let him go and I always prefer a player to have a training camp in this offense. No matter how smart a vet is, you ain't coming in here and magically keeping the synchronization going on the fly. We're only as strong as the weakest link on both ends. Bud probably gives players required reading and life goals off the floor, all types of sh&t before you're sworn into "The Group".