• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can anyone please settle a debate

Gianluca

@LongTimeFan yes thats where the image was actually pulled from but as @bird_dirt guessed I'm in agreement with Edgar Allan Poe. My friend insists Charlie Chaplin which to me is off. I said Poe bc the Tell Tale heart. I know the link says Victorian Jesus and that could be the Sacred Heart but I don't get what a Victorian Jesus is. Does anyone else?  Thank you both for enlightening me. 

It is a depiction of what Jesus would have looked like had he lived during the "Victorian Era" (the time period during the reign of Queen Victoria of England) which was 1837 - 1901.  He would have dressed like the person in the tattoo/picture you are referencing.  

Thus the description "Victorian Jesus."  

It is not supposed to be someone else (like Edgar Allen Poe or Charlie Chaplin).  

If the artist would have depicted a "hippie Jesus" and dressed him accordingly, he might have looked liked Jim Morrison of the Doors or Carlos Santana, but that would have simply been by coincidence.  The artist was simply trying to depict someone dressed in the motif of the day.  

Edited by LongTimeFan

It is a depiction of what Jesus would have looked like had he lived during the "Victorian Era" (the time period during the reign of Queen Victoria of England) which was 1837 - 1901.  He would have dressed like the person in the tattoo/picture you are referencing.  

It is not supposed to be someone else (like Edgar Allen Poe or Charlie Chaplin).  

If the artist would have depicted a "hippie Jesus" and dressed him accordingly, he might have looked liked Jim Morrison of the Doors or Carlos Santana, but that would have simply been by coincidence.  The artist was simply trying to depict someone dressed in the motif of the day.  

Yeah, this is what I kind of guessed was the intention of the artist after seeing the link to the original artist's page and reading her description.  Kind of looks like a mash-up of JC & EAP, whether intentional or not.  If not intentional, then I don't think the artist did a very good job making it more obvious that it was JC done in Victorian garb.  She should've added a little beard action to that chin and jaw line, otherwise anyone who sees that will think Poe (or Chaplin as your friend's case may be).  

Excellent breakdown! After reading that it all clicked. I also agree w/ bird_dirt w/ a slight change could've made it look more like Jesus however they're the artist & thats their interpretation so who am I to judge. Very glad I took this to the squawk.

What do you guys make of the spiderweb on the forehead? I tried to do a quick google search however the results I found 1 said it symbolized being jailed/gang affiliation while the other said death. Anyone have thoughts?

Edited by Gianluca