• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wow Tiger...82 at the Phoenix Open...worst round as a Pro

DJlaysitup

Not to get into the back-and-forth on Tiger's personal life and stuff - but wow - the guy's game has totally fallen apart.  It's hard to believe that he can't nurse it around for a semi-respectable 75.  He finished 20+ strokes behind the leaders in two rounds and (of course) missed the cut.

You would think he could at least hold it together off of past experience from being so great for so many years.

To be honest - if Tiger didn't have longterm exemption on the tour from previous accomplishments - he couldn't "play" himself onto the tour at this point - not even close.

Amazing.

• 1 month later...

As a golfer myself (competitive golfer in my youth)...not quite at the pro level ;-) ....I do know one thing...it's totally unrealistic that you suddenly can't chip the ball onto greens accurately when you had one of the best short games in the business ?!??.

Sure I'm getting old...but let's not confuse fat with stupid.  If your short game isn't "right" you back off the fancy shots and use a lower lofted club (usually) and minimize any damage until you work it out after the round.  It's not that hard.

There is no such thing as the chipping "yips"...putting yips, yes, chipping yips - no...and I have never heard of anybody complaining about "activating their Glutes?"...but I may use that if I lose next weekend  grin.gif

Something is going on here and it doesn't sound right.  JMHO as a pretty decent golfer.