• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Personal insults, attacking, calling people trolls etc will lead to automatic suspensions going forward

Admin

See!?! SEE?!?!?!

Either make it Hamsterdam or kick the miserable ones outta there!! Our 2nd most positive poster on this board is too fed up to go into the chat! (obviously @JayBirdHawk is the most positive in the chat, but @Gray Mule takes it for the board)

WTF is Hamsterdam? The only thing I can think of when reading that is the junkies in The Wire. 

WTF is Hamsterdam? The only thing I can think of when reading that is the junkies in The Wire.

I'm thinking that is the reference - a free for all, anything goes except dwsd bodies.

For those asking, @PSSSHHHRRR87 was awesome enough to whip up a couple of tutorials on how to "ignore" people in the chat room on both the computer and on your mobile device through the mobile browser. Big thanks to him for that and hope it helps keep the negativity at bay.

Computer Tutorial: http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/407144-how-to-ignore-members-in-chat-computer/

Mobile Tutorial: http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/407148-how-to-ignore-members-in-chat-mobile/

• Like 2

• Moderators

Last night was actually very refreshing in the chat, the usual suspects were either at the game (doubtful), taking a nap or I don't know, holding 'Ole Sweetness' to their head saying that this will finally be the day (also very doubtful).  Besides a couple *ahem* Poindexters having an Excel off, all of the the typical things that make the chat experience great were in full effect.  The good-natured ribbing, the classic faux overreactions to players being the GOAT or WOAT based on a singular action and the nerve biting sequences followed by mass hysteria.  I enjoyed that experience so much so that I need to understand where exactly this ignore feature is..... I've clicked person's names, searched through settings, emojis of fellatio and stats of Turnermx most likely cheating unabashedly but no ignore function like is claimed.     

For those asking, @PSSSHHHRRR87 was awesome enough to whip up a couple of tutorials on how to "ignore" people in the chat room on both the computer and on your mobile device through the mobile browser. Big thanks to him for that and hope it helps keep the negativity at bay.

Computer Tutorial: http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/407144-how-to-ignore-members-in-chat-computer/

Mobile Tutorial: http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/407148-how-to-ignore-members-in-chat-mobile/

So if they're ignored, will you not see their messages in the main chat window? Or does it only prevent them from PMing you in the chat?

Now no one will even know when I am there.

:(

• Like 1

No idea about PMing, but when you ignore you no longer see their comments. But you have to do that each time you log in for some reason. So you have to go through one of their annoying comments before you realize "hey, I should block this person...again."

Oh that makes sense as the chat system only pulls in the member data from our forum database and it can't write to it. The chat would have to create a separate database table with a column for ignoring that matched every user we have and then compare it with the active list that comes from the forum software to get updated frequently. Probably a lot more chance for bugs if they did that. I would imagine that's why you have to set your preferences each time you chat as well. 

As long as it doesn't show their comments in the main chat that's all that's really important though. 

Can it not bring in your member ignore preferences from the board? So ignoring them in the board out here also goes to the chat factory as well? Ehhh, that's probably a lot of work for something that isn't too important.

I wouldn't think it would be that difficult but they probably assume that you might want to ignore someone in the chat or even temporarily whereas the board ignore is more likely to be a permanent thing. It wouldn't be that much work for the chat developers but I don't know how easy it would be to modify on our end. There's a chance I may move us to the chat system that's developed by our forum developers and I'm sure that one would keep all your forum preferences. Still waiting for them to move from the Release Candidate to a fully public release and even then I may wait 1 bug fix release before upgrading us. 

See, for me, none of those options appear on the bottom after I click a member's name except for "close".  Apparently I can't PM people either.

Yeah it can be frustrating but you gotta realize some of us have been fans of a team who's never had real success in our entire lives and we're constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. Now that we're struggling you're seeing the nervous / negative posters being a lot more negative. But don't let the actions of a few keep you from enjoying the team. I don't go in the chat as just like GSU said I can't really follow the game especially when streaming... but I do enjoy the trash talking between each other in there when it's friendly. Hope you don't decide to stay out of there permanently but nobody will fault a very positive poster like yourself staying out of the chat. 

This might sound very harsh, please nobody take it personal, but it makes me disbelief in some people when i see what they write on here.

Well I have been a fan of Hannover 96 all my life and just to give you a little insight what we are most known for: Our only ever International Player commited suicide. Our president is a delussional prick, who considers fans as customers and even does illegal stuff against them, so they won*t express their support to the team. We won a minor Cup in 1992, and we are problably getting relegated this year since we havent won a game for 15 straight games (a whole season is 34games so its almost 50%)... Do you think we cry about that shit? We f@cking go out ever weekend and support that club. Everybody still fears us for being one of the most hostile clubs in the world. So you cry about having a team that will never be relegated? You get treated like little princesses by your club but fail to show the positive attitude? Wow you guys got problems, not the club, but you do.

In germany you can become a fan of fc bayern munich and celebrate a title almost every year, but its way sweeter to spit in their soup once every 5 years and win a game off of them. People with nothing in their lifes obviously support munich, so they can feel as if they accomplished something. So dont drag the hawks down to your level, but let them elevate your life for those 2 hours they play on matchday.

• Like 3

This might sound very harsh, please nobody take it personal, but it makes me disbelief in some people when i see what they write on here.

Well I have been a fan of Hannover 96 all my life and just to give you a little insight what we are most known for: Our only ever International Player commited suicide. Our president is a delussional prick, who considers fans as customers and even does illegal stuff against them, so they won*t express their support to the team. We won a minor Cup in 1992, and we are problably getting relegated this year since we havent won a game for 15 straight games (a whole season is 34games so its almost 50%)... Do you think we cry about that shit? We f@cking go out ever weekend and support that club. Everybody still fears us for being one of the most hostile clubs in the world. So you cry about having a team that will never be relegated? You get treated like little princesses by your club but fail to show the positive attitude? Wow you guys got problems, not the club, but you do.

In germany you can become a fan of fc bayern munich and celebrate a title almost every year, but its way sweeter to spit in their soup once every 5 years and win a game off of them. People with nothing in their lifes obviously support munich, so they can feel as if they accomplished something. So dont drag the hawks down to your level, but let them elevate your life for those 2 hours they play on matchday.

Soccer and American sports are vastly different. The passion Europeans have for their teams is not the same here.

You might support your team unconditionally, but is that what's best for your club? Your teams on the verge of relegation, but do you see it getting better anytime soon? If the President is walking all over the fans maybe the supporters should do something about it (lowered attendance).

Edited by nathan2331

We lowered the attendence until 2 games ago. Then the manager got fired and it was decided to support the team again. In the meantime 4 players signed new contracts with other teams, stating the fan atmosphere was lacking so much. Well we attended.the youth games of the club with 5k people during the time we didn't go to the real games. Usually they only get 50 people so. They were excited

We lowered the attendence until 2 games ago. Then the manager got fired and it was decided to support the team again. In the meantime 4 players signed new contracts with other teams, stating the fan atmosphere was lacking so much. Well we attended.the youth games of the club with 5k people during the time we didn't go to the real games. Usually they only get 50 people so. They were excited

• Like 1

That's good that the supporters sent that message, but until your toxic president is out, do you you believe the club deserves the full support of the fans.

Well the toxic guy won't be out until he dies, he is buying the club, although that's not quite legal. At least the way he.does it isn't. The players begged for support, so they get it for the last 4 games, what will be next season is unknown atm.

Well the toxic guy won't be out until he dies, he is buying the club, although that's not quite legal. At least the way he.does it isn't. The players begged for support, so they get it for the last 4 games, what will be next season is unknown atm.

Dang that sucks. I haven't followed the sport for long, but it's clear money has changed the game, and probably for the worst.

• Premium Member

I root for Bayern Munich, Arsenal and Celtic. Two of those three are winning a title almost every year. I have a deep respect for the dedication you guys show to smaller clubs. In American sports being an Atlanta sports fan is the equivalent of what you are describing for those here who don't follow soccer overseas.