• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How old are all of yall?

bobrathbun4pres

that's "youse guys" for ya yankee hawks fans.

Age 23  from ATL still living here.  

Sorry if there's already a thread or it's in the wrong place or whatever I'm still pretty new. Just curious is all and bored

First watched the Hawks when I was 5 and started to play basketball but never watched more than a few games a season til 2008.

• Premium Member

I'm 39....turning 40 this month.  Yeesh....

My older brother got me watching basketball back in 84 during the Finals.  I remember really disliking Boston and being upset that the Lakers lost.  The following year, I discovered there was an NBA team in Georgia...and that was it for me. :D

• Moderators

Are we bringing back Hotsquawk? Or are we starting a new forum: Squawk After Dark?

PSSSHHHRRR87 is 27 and lives in Tupelo, MS by the way of Marietta, GA. He LOVES long walks around Atlanta, cheering for his beloved Atlanta Hawks, riding kayaks down the Hooch while dodging numerous empty beer cans, and breathing in the somewhat clean air around Stone Mountain after a hike. Swipe right if interested.

What's my age again?

44, but my kids say I look/act about 32. About 22 in my mind. My profile pic kinda makes that point. Started following Hawks as a tween in the Doc/Nique/Willis years, early 80s. So been a fan for 30+ years. One of my favorite things is posting Hawks facts/stats on the NBAonESPN Facebook threads and having 20-somethings call me a "bandwagonner." Fish in a barrell smile3.gif

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

36 wife 2 kids.  Native Atlantan (well since I was about 2, but that counts).  Been a Hawgs fan since the 80's watching them with my pop right after Sanford & Son.

I'm sure I've told this story before but I'll tell it again.  I attended a game vs the Jordan-era bulls in the early 90's.  Sat near where Neon Deion and his entourage walked in.  Each had on full linth mink coats.  Place was electric.  Jordan got hurt in the 1st half.  Hawks were hanging tough and Jordan didn't come out after halftime.  Will the Hawks pull it out?  A coupla minutes into the 3rd a buzz arose from the crowd.  It was MJ walking in from the tunnel.  Walked right past Phil and checked himself into the game (bawce move, I gotta admit).  The rest was history.  We lost but I was hooked on my Hawks from then on.

{I have an ongoing feud with a couple of mods (who shall not be named) so I wouldn't be surprised if there are some adjustments to this post.  Free kg01}

I am 38 going on about 65 due to running this place as an admin since 2007 and 5 years before that doing programming for it and moderating. Been a Hawks fan since 86 and they're more one and only true love in the NBA as they've been my only team since day 1.

Back to Hawksquawk. I'm starting to feel like a real #porchdick around here thanks to these fools I must suffer on a regular basis!  Thankfully we have a shiny new moderating team who help out tremendously.

#ban_kg01

https://twitter.com/hashtag/porchdick

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

28 for a few more days. Lived in ATL area for all but about 5 of those years. Live in DC area now. Diehard ATL fan, but the Hawks have been the last of the big three (Braves/Falcons/Hawks) that I got into.Been a casual watcher for a while, but have been a constant fan for many years now. I'm hoping this is the year we go all the way!