• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who we will draft? We should fall somewhere in the 8-12 range.

bumpyphish1

The thoughts of adding a really good draft pick are exciting.  This was such a key clause in that Nets deal.  Makes me wonder if we'll think the game of the Minnesota pick.

I agree small forward seems to be what we should be looking to take.  Unless there's a big man too good to pass up.

Assuming we draft between 8 - 11 I'd be thrilled with either Kaminsky or Winslow. I could live with Porzingis too. Devin Booker is a sweet shooter who I could see playing in our system well.

I see Kamisnsky fitting perfectly in Bud's system. He is not the athlete that Payne is but he is bigger, more polished in the post, can shoot the perimeter jumper just as well, but has much higher basketball IQ and is a gifted passer.

We know bud and Ferry want a young big who will fit their system b/c they took Payne last year. Unfortunately he did not have the metal aptitude to catch on to the multi-option offense where each play has 5 or 6 variables. I don't see Kaminsky having that same issue.

I see Kamisnsky fitting perfectly in Bud's system. He is not the athlete that Payne is but he is bigger, more polished in the post, can shoot the perimeter jumper just as well, but has much higher basketball IQ and is a gifted passer.

I agree Kaminsky eerily fits us so well. Below are a couple selections from a great read on him.

"...NBA scouts love Kaminsky’s versatility. Along with his arsenal of moves in the paint, he has a soft shooting touch that makes him a threat from the outside. Rare is the 7-footer that can swish a three-pointer as easily as he can a free throw. But that describes Kaminsky to a T...

...On the season he’s shooting 52.7 percent from the field, 76.5 percent from the foul stripe and 37.8 percent from three-point range. He averages 14.1 points, 6.4 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game...

...Indeed, Kaminsky’s basketball IQ is another one of his biggest strengths. His knowledge and feel for the game was developed largely because of the time he spent as a child around his father, who played professionally overseas before coaching at the high school and small college level...

...Another reason for Wisconsin’s success is its chemistry. Kaminsky said most of the Badgers live near one another and often gather to play pingpong or video games. The camaraderie off the court clearly translates to success on it, where Wisconsin prides itself in selflessness and taking quality shots...

...While some post players get rattled and sped up, he often lets three-to-four seconds pass before making a move toward the basket. In other words, he lets things develop around him, sees how the defense reacts and then either takes the shot himself or uses a head fake to draw a second defender, freeing up an open teammate."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2015179-how-wisconsins-frank-kaminsky-went-from-unnoticed-to-unstoppable

He's got such a unique skillset for a 4 I could see a bunch of teams wanting him (Orlando, Minnesota).

@coachx, Yea, Kaminsky is warming up to me a bit. I'd rather have Winslow or Johnson or Porzingis or Hezonja, but he might be my next pick, him or Portis. Whatever the case, we have a shot to get a solid player with this pick.

Assuming we draft between 8 - 11 I'd be thrilled with either Kaminsky or Winslow. I could live with Porzingis too. Devin Booker is a sweet shooter who I could see playing in our system well.

We know bud and Ferry want a young big who will fit their system b/c they took Payne last year. Unfortunately he did not have the metal aptitude to catch on to the multi-option offense where each play has 5 or 6 variables. I don't see Kaminsky having that same issue.

Winslow isn't going to be available to us at #9. He's a top 6-7 pick. Not really feeling Kaminsky NBA potential and true be told, with Horford and Tavares, I don't see center as a need. Now clearly, if you can get a talent like Okafor or Towns, of course but Kaminsky isn't that. I see him as a tweener at the next level. 

I been watching him, I knew he was a top 5 pick along time ago. He has potential superstar written all over him. 

Winslow isn't going to be available to us at #9. He's a top 6-7 pick. Not really feeling Kaminsky NBA potential and true be told, with Horford and Tavares, I don't see center as a need. Now clearly, if you can get a talent like Okafor or Towns, of course but Kaminsky isn't that. I see him as a tweener at the next level. 

I been watching him, I knew he was a top 5 pick along time ago. He has potential superstar written all over him. 

Are you sure Winslow will be gone?

Right now players that could go higher than him:

Towns

Okafor

Johnson

Russell

Porzingis

Mudiay

Hezonja

WCS

Those are 8 players that could perfectly go before him.

I love Winslow. Each day I watch him I like him more.

In fact, I like a lot our chances in this draft, a lot of players with upside.

I'm not 100% sold on Oubre but I like him too and he fits the system.

I hope Porzingis go high because it would make easier for us  to take Hezonja or Winslow.

• Like 1

Are you sure Winslow will be gone?

Right now players that could go higher than him:

Towns

Okafor

Johnson

Russell

Porzingis

Mudiay

Hezonja

WCS

Those are 8 players that could perfectly go before him.

I love Winslow. Each day I watch him I like him more.

In fact, I like a lot our chances in this draft, a lot of players with upside.

I'm not 100% sold on Oubre but I like him too and he fits the system.

I hope Porzingis go high because it would make easier for us  to take Hezonja or Winslow.

Agree

What I like about Oubre is his potential. His floor is really low. Like rookie Dennis low but his ceiling is extremely high especially in our system with our need at SG in 2017 which is when he should be ready to get PT. We don't need a player to get PT right now. Baze is a decent backup SG and Korver is a quality SG. We need a SG with All Star potential who fits our system. 

We also need to look at Winslow and Porgizins who is a lock for the Kings or even higher. 

I'm not sold on Oubre. Wouldn't hate if we drafted him but he's not high on my list. I'd like to see if we can swing Mack and Scott to make sure we come out of the draft with Winslow or Hezonja. They're gonna be studs.

Hezonja talent is what I like, his fit is what I am questioning. I think he can be special with proper development. Winslow would be a great fit but I don't see SF being a need position but he's a great talent, not sure about his off ball movement as of now. I think his potential is higher than mentioned. 

Hezonja talent is what I like, his fit is what I am questioning. I think he can be special with proper development. Winslow would be a great fit but I don't see SF being a need position but he's a great talent, not sure about his off ball movement as of now. I think his potential is higher than mentioned. 

Hezonja under Bud and Korver teaching him would become one of the best SG in the league. He could become an elite shooter in our system while he is also GREAT driving to the basketball, has great athleticism, clutch and leadership. Unique player.

Hezonja under Bud and Korver teaching him would become one of the best SG in the league. He could become an elite shooter in our system while he is also GREAT driving to the basketball, has great athleticism, clutch and leadership. Unique player.

I don't see Mario as a SG. I see him as purely a SF. I watched the games, the highlights had me thinking he could easily be a SG but he doesn't move fluidly nor does he defend smaller quicker players that well. I disagree with your assessment after watching his games a couple of days ago when I had the chance. He doesn't really like moving without the ball unless it's to finish. He's more of a spot shooter. That's a problem. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I don't see Mario as a SG. I see him as purely a SF. I watched the games, the highlights had me thinking he could easily be a SG but he doesn't move fluidly nor does he defend smaller quicker players that well. I disagree with your assessment after watching his games. He doesn't really like moving without the ball unless it's to finish. He's more of a spot shooter. That's a problem. 

Yes, he plays much more SF, I'm with you that he may be a SF in the NBA, but it's unclear. You have to put in perspective that Barcelona has as shooting guards Brad Oleson, Navarro and Abrines and those are top players in Europe too so the coach usually plays Hezonja at SF.

He may be right now a much more spot shooter because of the system in Barcelona, if he comes to Atlanta and Korver teach him how to move off-ball and Bud shows him the system he will be better in this aspect.