• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How to watch Star Wars

capstone21

• Admin

If you considering re-watching Star Wars before the new movie comes out or are introducing someone to Star Wars ... here is the order that should be considered to watch the movies

long post but good read (if you are a SW fan)

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

No number 1

• Moderators

If you considering re-watching Star Wars before the new movie comes out or are introducing someone to Star Wars ... here is the order that should be considered to watch the movies

long post but good read (if you are a SW fan)

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

No number 1

I actually thought of this question a few weeks ago as I was thinking about rewatching the series. IV, V, I, II, III, VI is an interesting watch order.

• Moderators

To each their own .... such a bad bad movie ... terrible story and acting (with the exception of the Jedi Battle at the end)

This goes for all the prequels.  Just terribly disappointing movies.

For what it is worth, our kids have watched IV, V, VI and I.  I definitely started with the original trilogy but I would not do the machete order because III is too dark for our younger kids while IV, V and VI were well received by our then 4 year old with only slight concern on my end for a couple of scenes.  I was enjoyed but forgotten quickly compared to the others.

• Moderators

My husband decided it was time for our 6 year old daughter to see it.

We watched Episode IV 2 weeks ago and she enjoyed it.

Our 4 year old seeing it was driven by his older sister getting to see it.  She was 6 then as well!

Funny you should mention what's acceptable for kids without being too dark. I noticed the other day going through my Plex account I have for my gf's kids where they can only see G and PG that there are a disturbing number of old movies with PG ratings on them.

For example Jaws, Poltergeist, Mommie Dearest (e.g. the true story of @kg01's childhood), Willie Wonka (greatest unknown serial killer in movie history), Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, and finally the one that freaked me out as a kid seeing it, The Dark Crystal.

Some movies out this year that are also rated PG are Spongebob, Cinderella, Minions, etc. So when I get those movies they'll slot nicely into the PG category... alongside Jaws and these others I listed, if I were to leave the rating the same. 

Speaking of scary movies as a ki d mine was Stephen Kings 'Silver Bullet'. I still can't watch it.

That one wasn't bad for me. Cujo was much, much worse as you never where a rabid dog could be lurking.

My older brother took me with him on his date with some girl to see Poltergeist when I was 6 years old and he was supposed to be babysitting me. Clowns freaked me out for many years after that.

• Moderators

Funny you should mention what's acceptable for kids without being too dark. I noticed the other day going through my Plex account I have for my gf's kids where they can only see G and PG that there are a disturbing number of old movies with PG ratings on them.

For example Jaws, Poltergeist, Mommie Dearest (e.g. the true story of @kg01's childhood), Willie Wonka (greatest unknown serial killer in movie history), Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, and finally the one that freaked me out as a kid seeing it, The Dark Crystal.

Some movies out this year that are also rated PG are Spongebob, Cinderella, Minions, etc. So when I get those movies they'll slot nicely into the PG category... alongside Jaws and these others I listed, if I were to leave the rating the same. 

Totally get a lot of those given the era but how was Jaws ever PG?  Doesn't that start with some nudity and involve a nasty shark eating people or am I just remembering the book?

Totally get a lot of those given the era but how was Jaws ever PG?  Doesn't that start with some nudity and involve a nasty shark eating people or am I just remembering the book?

It does and it's a mystery to me how it could have ever been PG but it was and still is rated PG. If you can't recall the movie though then it's been too long since you've seen it.