• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBASupes40 Big Board for the Hawks

NBASupes

I'd be happy with any of Dekker, Booker, Oubre, or Anderson. Hoping for Oubre though. DMC/Sef/Obre would be a great squad of SFs, and Oubre would have great mentors in those 2 (and Korver). Bud is perfect for raw high ceiling prospects (Shredder, Edy, Oubre). Add a FA backup SG, MAN there a boatload of them available in '15: http://hoopshype.com/free_agency/shooting_guards_2015.htm

• Like 1

I'd be happy with any of Dekker, Booker, Oubre, or Anderson. Hoping for Oubre though. DMC/Sef/Obre would be a great squad of SFs, and Oubre would have great mentors in those 2 (and Korver). Bud is perfect for raw high ceiling prospects (Shredder, Edy, Oubre). Add a FA backup SG, MAN there a boatload of them available in '15: http://hoopshype.com/free_agency/shooting_guards_2015.htm

This would really solve a lot of our issues. I wish we had Gary Neal or Ellington right now. Baze is fine for 5-8 mins but sometimes he's in for 18 mins. That's too much. 

• Like 1

Teague/Shredder/Mack

Threezus/Middleton/Blaze

DMC/Thabo/Oubre

Sap/Scott/Moose

THORford/Moose/Edy

That's a return to ECFs right there...

• Like 1

Deepest team in the league. Though I don't think we can get Middleton.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Too rich? Thoughts on re-treads like Craw, Jet, Allen, Belinelli, etc then? Or will it be someone like an Ellington? Anderson is a SG/SF, can Oubre play some 2 as well like Anderson?

Deepest team in the league. Though I don't think we can get Middleton.

Most definitely not getting Middleton. He is due to get more in the market than Carroll and he's a starter and one of the better ones at SG/SF. 

Too rich? Thoughts on re-treads like Craw, Jet, Allen, Belinelli, etc then? Or will it be someone like an Ellington? Anderson is a SG/SF, can Oubre play some 2 as well like Anderson?

Jet and Craw don't fit but Belinelli in intriguing. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Belinelli is intriguing, indeed. Seems like something Bud/Ferry would pull, and a good fit if the price is right. Hawks would have a German, Italian, Swiss, Macedonian, Domincan, and a Cape Verdean in addition to 8-9 Americans for fan base expansion. 10pts/2ast/1stl in 15-20mins off the bench at SG, especially at 40% beyond the arc and 80+% from the line coming out of the Spurs system, would be a valuable weapon (if he could be had at a decent price). Seems exactly like a Bud/Ferry target. A 2nd string of Shredder, Belinelli, Thabo, Scott, and Moose would be fun to watch...

Edited by hazer

I said no Middleton since his salary would probably be to high (to justify signing him). I think we'll be able to add a big salary, but I don't think we should spend it on Middleton. Otherwise, your roster looks great.
  • Like 1

I said no Middleton since his salary would probably be to high (to justify signing him). I think we'll be able to add a big salary, but I don't think we should spend it on Middleton. Otherwise, your roster looks great.

Crossed my mind that Middleton would be out of Hawks price range...

How bout this then:

Teague/Shredder/Mack

Threezus/Belinelli/Blaze

DMC/Thabo/Oubre

Trillsap/Scott/Moose

THORford/Moose/Eady

• Like 1

Crossed my mind that Middleton would be out of Hawks price range...

How bout this then:

Teague/Shredder/Mack

Threezus/Belinelli/Blaze

DMC/Thabo/Oubre

Trillsap/Scott/Moose

THORford/Moose/Eady

Health permitting, that's a championship team. Right mix of shooting and defense.

• Like 1

Not sure this deserved it's own thread but I had some general, draft-related questions.  So, the Okafor kid reportedly/supposedly will ask MN not to draft him.  Wants to be a Laker.

http://fansided.com/2015/05/20/nba-rumors-jahlil-okafor-ask-timberwolves-not-draft-him/

First, I already think he's going to be a huge bust (weight issues + questionable motivation + no defense).  Now he's allegedly being a diva?

My questions for y'all are:

(a) am I way off base on my opinion of this kid?  I saw him play vs GT and he got outworked/outplayed by our mediocre bigs.  That was a huge red flag to me because our guys weren't skilled but were generally older/stronger guys.

(2) is his alleged draft-dodging (hehe) a troublesome deal?

Thoughts?

Not sure this deserved it's own thread but I had some general, draft-related questions.  So, the Okafor kid reportedly/supposedly will ask MN not to draft him.  Wants to be a Laker.

http://fansided.com/2015/05/20/nba-rumors-jahlil-okafor-ask-timberwolves-not-draft-him/

First, I already think he's going to be a huge bust (weight issues + questionable motivation + no defense).  Now he's allegedly being a diva?

My questions for y'all are:

(a) am I way off base on my opinion of this kid?  I saw him play vs GT and he got outworked/outplayed by our mediocre bigs.  That was a huge red flag to me because our guys weren't skilled but were generally older/stronger guys.

(2) is his alleged draft-dodging (hehe) a troublesome deal?

Thoughts?

I think he is going to be special. He lost weight, his body fat right now is below 10 and he's an excellent post player with great size for a NBA center. He will be excellent. The most skilled big to enter the NBA in ages. 

• Like 1

I think he is going to be special. He lost weight, his body fat right now is below 10 and he's an excellent post player with great size for a NBA center. He will be excellent. The most skilled big to enter the NBA in ages. 

That's what everyone says and I certainly respect your opinion.  I just don't see it playing out that spectacularly.

That's what everyone says and I certainly respect your opinion. I just don't see it playing out that spectacularly.

I think he has the skill set, but will he work hard enough to be great or just me good with being big and talented.

Have you seen the size of his hands....OMG. The basketball looked like a child's toy in his hands.

I think he has the skill set, but will he work hard enough to be great or just me good with being big and talented.

Have you seen the size of his hands....OMG. The basketball looked like a child's toy in his hands.

When love dem Kawhi mitts..:-)

That's what everyone says and I certainly respect your opinion.  I just don't see it playing out that spectacularly.

I can see that to some degree. He wasn't the most impactful player at Duke, Winslow was but Okafor was the best. 

You and the hands.  So sexist.

I can see that to some degree. He wasn't the most impactful player at Duke, Winslow was but Okafor was the best. 

The bolded portion of Jaybird's post is what concerns me (not that it's a Hawk-related problem, just in general).

Okafor fell victim to being overhyped at the beginning of the season. He didn't help matters with his hot start. But once he got to ACC play, he occasionally struggled with consistency and handling the double team. He's a below average defender and lacks elite athleticism. Of couse, he's only a freshman so those things can be worked out. He's very polished offensively though and IMO is the best prospect in this draft. I think he should go #1, but as a Duke fan I'd love to see him in LA.

Okafor fell victim to being overhyped at the beginning of the season. He didn't help matters with his hot start. But once he got to ACC play, he occasionally struggled with consistency and handling the double team. He's a below average defender and lacks elite athleticism. Of couse, he's only a freshman so those things can be worked out. He's very polished offensively though and IMO is the best prospect in this draft. I think he should go #1, but as a Duke fan I'd love to see him in LA.

Okafor was one of best players in college. He wasn't overhyped.