• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We will win

no you wont ,

korver will get shut down by Shump and he can't create his own shot, a 33 year old who can do nothing else but catch and shoot he will be so easy for shump one of the best defenders in the NBA.

Our bigs will absolutely annihilate millsap and horford on both ends, too soft and small with no mental toughness.

you will learn who is tristian thompson the best offensive rebounder in the NBA. our bigs are relentless.

watching you're bigs makes me wanna  go to sleep.

the only advantage you have is Teauge vs 30% Irving but I expect blatt to address that next game  

Reading your terrible posts makes everyone want to go to sleep. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's been happening all playoffs.

Guys like Schröder need to stop acting like they're 40% 3 point shooters.

Maybe other guys will get some burn now though. Guys who can make open shots.

Every time I see Schröder pull up and take a 3 it feels like a turnover. 

Keeping the positivity going, I think we come out and win game 2. This series isn't over after one loss.

Edited by cam1218

• Moderators

Seeing that he is the second response to this thread, and the other response was also positive, I don't think you're right. Merges happen chronologically, so since he responded to two positive posts with a negative one all of what I said pretty much stands.

He is right. I merged multiple threads basically saying "we're doomed" and "keep the faith." Loss of the thread title when merged confused this.

• Moderators

The Cavs looked awful outside of JR Smith.  Lebron got shut down by Sap on about 8 straight possessions to let the Hawks back in the game.   Sure he had one dunk.   Woohoo!  You really showed him.   you beat Sap 1 out of 10 times.  

Hit some damn shots Hawks and run the offense!!!  How many possessions did we have without a single pass.  That isn't Hawks bball.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

We're not done, but coach must do something about JR Smith (which he will, remember Jarrett Jack and Sessions), have Millsap guard LeBum and get Elton's ass in the paint so LeBum doesn't have any easy shots should he get past Millsap. We can leave Tristan open, his only assignment is to get offensive boards. Focus on LeBron.

We doesn't even have to shoot great for us to win. Our problems last night were we couldn't stop JR (he was unstoppable last night, but it won't happen again) and we stopped moving the rock.

Return to Hawks basketball and we're good.

• Like 3

Hawks have been shooting poorly all playoffs.

67-189 in round 1. About 35%

52-158 in round 2. About 33%

So tell me again that the Hawks will all of sudden shoot the ball better. Nothing since the end of April backs that up. They had one game of good shooting when they were 9-19 against Washington.

Hawks have been shooting poorly all playoffs.

67-189 in round 1. About 35%

52-158 in round 2. About 33%

So tell me again that the Hawks will all of sudden shoot the ball better. Nothing since the end of April backs that up. They had one game of good shooting when they were 9-19 against Washington.

@Alex This is THE ONLY thing I agree with you on.

The ball and player movement, passing up a good shot for a great shot that's the strength of our offense. And then when they do get WIDE open shots or easy layups, they are missing at an alarming rate. What's also a problem is going LONG stretches without scoring.

@Alex This is THE ONLY thing I agree with you on.

The ball and player movement, passing up a good shot for a great shot that's the strength of our offense. And then when they do get WIDE open shots or easy layups, they are missing at an alarming rate. What's also a problem is going LONG stretches without scoring.

yep that's the one thing you can't afford to do in the playoffs. Those droughts that go on for minutes at a time make things difficult.

• Premium Member

Yknow......

As much as I want to see us in the finals and prove everyone wrong, and everything else that comes with that......I'm really comfortable with whatever the outcome of this series. I'm not stressing at all.

I'm satisfied having made the ECFS.

The NBA loves LeBron so.....yeah

I'm desensitized to GA sports in semifinal/championship situations

I'm proud of what our boys have accomplished

We have a great draft pick

The future looks good

I'm just gonna sit back and wait for this to play out. LOL. I'm honestly more stressed about the WCFs.

Here's hoping we can pull this out. That would be amazing. I'd like to see a competitive series. All the same, an ECF loss isn't the end of the world for me.

Edited by Wretch

It's been happening all playoffs.

Guys like Schröder need to stop acting like they're 40% 3 point shooters.

Maybe other guys will get some burn now though. Guys who can make open shots.

But he kinda was since january till the playoffs. Trying one or two behind screens to see if your in rythim and to spread the floor for your game is not a bad shot. U know, Teague also was 1/6 yesterday...

His problem is imprecise finishing generally lately. Its a rythim thing I guess. Hope it comes back as fast as possible. And also then he has to keep attempting a 3 point shot every so often.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 2

Yknow......

As much as I want to see us in the finals and prove everyone wrong, and everything else that comes with that......I'm really comfortable with whatever the outcome of this series. I'm not stressing at all.

I'm satisfied having made the ECFS.

The NBA loves LeBron so.....yeah

I'm desensitized to GA sports in semifinal/championship situations

I'm proud of what our boys have accomplished

We have a great draft pick

The future looks good

I'm just gonna sit back and wait for this to play out. LOL. I'm honestly more stressed about the WCFs.

Here's hoping we can pull this out. That would be amazing. I'd like to see a competitive series. All the same, an ECF loss isn't the end of the world for me.

I agree to some extent, but now we are here, I want more, I need more. Lol.

Knowing we can play so much better is the fustrating part. It would be different if Cavs were a juggernaut it would be easier to swallow.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

People being just fine with making the ECF are what is wrong with the fan base. Sure we may get smoked by Cleveland, but at least we made it. Gimme a break. Sack up and want the whole thing.

• Like 1

This is more proof that you need stars to win. The Spurs were the exception, but in their primes Parker and Duncan were stars. Leonard was the real reason they won last year and he's a star now. Even Duncan and Parker as old as they are right now are better than the players the Hawks have.

Yknow......

I'm just gonna sit back and wait for this to play out. LOL. I'm honestly more stressed about the WCF

Living in Houston I've always dreamed of a Hawks-Rockets final. Although it is still a long shot I gotta keep hoping and cheering for the Hawks!

I don't want to be satisfied with losing however. I want our teams and fans to be driven to win and cheering unto that end.

If in the end we come up short, we can all celebrate the good of the season, but we should also still yearn and grieve for what could have been. An NBA championship.

Go Hawks! Come on Hawks fans!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I agree to some extent, but now we are here, I want more, I need more. Lol.

Knowing we can play so much better is the fustrating part. It would be different if Cavs were a juggernaut it would be easier to swallow.

Well of course I want more.  What fan doesn't?  It's just not the end of the world for me if we don't get it.  I won't be happy about a non-competitive series and I'm never happy about losing.  Nor will I be content with JUST reaching the ECF's every year.

I've waited a long time to be here.  It means so much to me that I can't even put it into words.  This season has been AMAZING.  Just a mind-blowing, amazing, historic...beautiful season.  I want more, but for now I don't need more.  For me, a Finals trip or a Championship is a cherry on the cake.

I'm also a little disconnected to the NBA in general right now.  It's hard for me to talk about it without going all #tinfoilhat, but.....yeah, I'll just leave it there. lol

I feel you man.  I guess I'm still high off of just being here. :)

People being just fine with making the ECF are what is wrong with the fan base. Sure we may get smoked by Cleveland, but at least we made it. Gimme a break. Sack up and want the whole thing.

LOL.  Dude you are comical.  And wrong.  About as wrong as a velvet painting of a whale and a donkey gettin' in on.  I am so Hawks up'd that even my HAWKS is effing Hawks.  I freakin' Hawks in my sleep and Hawks when I BLEED.  I am breeding and brainwashing an entire flock of die hard Hawks fans in my house. lol

FOH with that.  What a silly perspective.  You're entitled to your opinion tho...and anybody else too. lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member

...and I'm not in any way saying we CAN'T win or in any way giving up.  Hell, we can actually win this series!   We came out guns BLAZING in the first quarter and Cleveland does not look like a threat.  Not at all.  

You guys will have to forgive me, but I'm just f***in' stoked to be here right now...lol.  In 30 years, I have never been this happy as a Hawks fan.  I'm f***in' proud of this team.

Go Hawks!

Edited by Wretch
  • Like 3

this is the best season in atlanta hawks history, we overachieved like crazy given the talent on this team. Not even the biggest homer could of predicted we would win 60 games and be in the ECF.

if we had a some star studded team I could understand your dissatisfaction.

• Like 2

I may be a little too optimistic here, but I'm kind of glad JR shot that way on game 1. He's now going to have the green light to shoot the cavs out of the series. I do think that if we don't get JYD back by the 3rd or at least 4th game of the series, this may not end very well for us... I think we can hang in for a game or two without Carroll, but not the entire series..