• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OT: Watching games online

devilwentdown2GA

I'm about to move and seriously considering getting rid or Directv and going with an online option called Sling TV. It provides a few sports channels, but not SportsSouth and Fox Sports. I'm curious if any of you have experience with NBA League pass for watching Hawks games. Will it be blacked out since I'm the Hawks' market? What are some other options that you have used?

TIA

• Moderators

I'm about to move and seriously considering getting rid or Directv and going with an online option called Sling TV. It provides a few sports channels, but not SportsSouth and Fox Sports. I'm curious if any of you have experience with NBA League pass for watching Hawks games. Will it be blacked out since I'm the Hawks' market? What are some other options that you have used?

TIA

The Hawks will be blacked out on League Pass in areas considered to be in the Hawks market. League Pass is only good if you live outside of the market. Only ways to watch the Hawks in a market that shows the Hawks is either get cable/satellite, get season tickets, or watch through a pirated stream found on the darker areas of the net. You could also get ballstreams for a yearly fee, but it's not all that's its cracked up to be and is still somewhat illegal.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Roku box with PlayOn app is a great deal. And if you are out of market, there is NBA League Pass, MLB.tv, and NHL Center Ice available on Roku. The more people that cut the cord and switch to Roku/Apple TV/Fire TV/Playstation TV, the more money cable/satellite loses. Honestly, I believe cable and satellite is dieing out, although it'll take 20 years before they're completely gone.

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "HomeCourt" to "The Lounge".
  • Like 1

I watch pawn stars and American pickers on my days off to justify the money I spend on cable just to watch the Hawks. It's absurd. They have us by the throat.

Haha...that's pretty much the way I see it. P/S, A/P, an Alaska show every now and then, and some TCM. None of them would be worth the cable bill if not for sports.

Also, the Golf Channel has gotten more access to earlier rounds in tournaments, and I'm a big golf fan.