• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For any Golfers - "Chamber's Bay" is going tobe a disaster

DJlaysitup

Now granted the USGA normally messes up the U.S. Open anyway...but this may be epic.  The course looks like a bombed-out WWI battlefield with a little grass.  No trees, no water, Wow.

They are actually going to switch holes from par 4s to par 5s at their whim, and have tee-boxes 200 yards away for the same hole ??

I'm no big-time insider, but apparently some of the Pros are joking about "where is the windmill and the big clown to hit it through the mouth?"

Most agree that this is a serious mess but won't be quoted.

It's sad that our National Championship is run by goof-balls - or maybe it's just about $$.

• Admin

Now granted the USGA normally messes up the U.S. Open anyway...but this may be epic.  The course looks like a bombed-out WWI battlefield with a little grass.  No trees, no water, Wow.

They are actually going to switch holes from par 4s to par 5s at their whim, and have tee-boxes 200 yards away for the same hole ??

I'm no big-time insider, but apparently some of the Pros are joking about "where is the windmill and the big clown to hit it through the mouth?"

Most agree that this is a serious mess but won't be quoted.

It's sad that our National Championship is run by goof-balls - or maybe it's just about $$.

yes it is an absolute mess ... It looks so terrible on tv too ... Can't even tell where the greens are ... So hard to chip as everything is rock hard and rolls away. The traps are all rocks and it seems like people are spending all their time in them. Putting is terrible ... It's a brutal course ... You also can't follow along as there is no way to follow the course ... It all blends together ... Fans can't walk along ... What a huge screw up

• Moderators

Honestly i thought it was the most interesting golf tourny i'd seen in a while.   Hearing the players bitch and moan only made it better.   If i was playing in the perfect conditions of most PGA courses it would take 10 strokes off my game.   I thought it was awesome.  The ending was pretty sad though.  You hate to see the agony of defeat.