Big Question....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Do we keep the first?

I know that we have waited for a long time for this swap of picks.  And it's important to keep up our youth movement.

However....

This is going to be our tightest year salary cap wise.  Everything depends on how much money we have.

The pick represent 1.546 Million in salary cap.

Is there a player that we can pick up at 15 that's going to make that pick worth that amount of cap this year?

Other options have been laid out but let me restate...

We can trade:

Scott = 3.333 Million.

Mack = 2.433 Million.

Thabo = 4.0 Million.

Also, what is Antić's value?  He's going to make more than the 1.5 million he made last year if he stays.

So fellow fans and armchair GMs... what do you do?

I do not think we should trade Thabo. At this point we don't know what his recovery will be like but I believe it will at least be back to the level he played at following his miserable first month or so. He is key to our success and at a good price.

Best option is to trade the pick to anyone who wants it. At 15 they are wasting money on a player who won't help the team.

Best option is to trade the pick to anyone who wants it. At 15 they are wasting money on a player who won't help the team.

Teague #19, Dennis #17 - case rested.

As to D's question - keep the pick unless traded in conjuction with another player to move up in the draft or acquire a decent player.

• Premium Member

Teague #19, Dennis #17 - case rested.

As to D's question - keep the pick unless traded in conjuction with another player to move up in the draft or acquire a decent player.

Thought about that.. but I don't know if we're in that same place anymore.

Our window is now.  I don't know if we have time to wait on guys to develop 3 and 4 years now.  If we traded the pick, I'm more inclined to trade it for a player that matters now than for a draft pick.  For instance, NJ is shopping Mason Plumlee.  I would consider giving them him for #15.  Because he's a known commodity.

• Moderators

Our window is now.  I don't know if we have time to wait on guys to develop 3 and 4 years now.  If we traded the pick, I'm more inclined to trade it for a player that matters now than for a draft pick.  For instance, NJ is shopping Mason Plumlee.  I would consider giving them him for #15.  Because he's a known commodity.

Yeah but known for what?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Yeah but known for what?

He's a big with a motor.  Right now, we need more energy from our rebounders.  People that know how to Box out.  People who can defend.  I'm not saying that he's the best at that but for #15, I think there's some equity there.

• Premium Member

Our window is now. I don't know if we have time to wait on guys to develop 3 and 4 years now. If we traded the pick, I'm more inclined to trade it for a player that matters now than for a draft pick. For instance, NJ is shopping Mason Plumlee. I would consider giving them him for #15. Because he's a known commodity.

Hail Naw!

They wouldn't be wasting money if they simply chose the best player available. We've had 4 picks in the top 18 in the past 3 years, and only 1 of them became a rotation player. Drafting track record must become better if the team wants to stay at or under the cap, and still be a high level team.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

I don't know sh$t about the player who would be available at 15. I do like Alan Anderson and Plumlee though.

Eeeww.....Punch face Alan Anderson

How much are you going to get from a "known commodity" at the price of a rookie's paycheck? Not anyone worth a damn anyway. I'd rather take the pick, and hope they might pan out into something useful while you have them at a cheap payscale for 3 or 4 years. If they suck, then who cares? That guy who's already been in the league that you'd sign for the same amount for a year or two will suck too, and will likely have less growth potential.

• Like 1