• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big Question....

Diesel

If you could get Winslow or Mario by trading Schoeder and 15 sounds like a no brainer. Dennis is a backup player now but ultimately a decision will be made in another year it's Teague or Dennis getting starting minutes the other will be gone either due to Teague being  free agent for no compensation or one will be traded . Why not add a potential star player now and get what you can. I reaize neither Winslow or Mario will be an all star right when they step in but both show the ability to be clutch which is something the Hawks badly need and both can create their own shot. Team isn't getting any younger so I'd rather have Winslow or Mario who should start rather than Dennis getting backup minutes this year.  

Edited by thescout5

Well, when he was benched in the playoffs, we counted 6 times down the court that he didn't make any passes. Sure he will get better skillwise but that's like saying that Kobe will stop ball hogging. When you take Kobe, you realize that he will dominate the ball. Dennis will never stop trying to be the show and he will always place the offense second to his shine.

Now, Tony Parker always played within the spurs offense. Weather it was dribble penetration or passing off to somebody else and being a decoy. That doesn't pop into Dennis' mind. I'm sure his skills will increase. He probably will get better at finishing and hitting the outside shot, but his game will cause an offense like ours to diminish.

You are referencing 1 game as an indictment of what his future play will be what about the games he started when Teague was injured.

I'd like to see what teams are willing to deal for Dennis, but ultimately I want him here. Yall know he's only 21 right?

Webber said he's "the longest small guy I've ever seen". Everything he brings to the table equals a very special talent. This kid is still light years away from his ceiling.

For once, I'm sort of on Diesel's side here (mean no offence, just different wavelengths @Diesel, I'm no bball messiah myself). I see Dennis's talent, but I also see a lack of a jumpshot and a lack of ability to change gears. I see immaturity and some BAD turnovers. He will probably learn that, but when?

Our window with Teague/Korver/Carroll/Millsap/Horford isn't huge. We've got 4ish years. Teague was our best PG in the playoffs this year, will be again next year, he's a still improving all-star and he's on a good contract. I think if we can use Dennis to move up and nab one of Winslow or Hezonja we should do it, because I think the talent is similar and those guys will fit better and help us in these next 4 years. If that's not possible, we keep Dennis and revisit our PG situation again in a year.

For once, I'm sort of on Diesel's side here (mean no offence, just different wavelengths @Diesel, I'm no bball messiah myself). I see Dennis's talent, but I also see a lack of a jumpshot and a lack of ability to change gears. I see immaturity and some BAD turnovers. He will probably learn that, but when?

Our window with Teague/Korver/Carroll/Millsap/Horford isn't huge. We've got 4ish years. Teague was our best PG in the playoffs this year, will be again next year, he's a still improving all-star and he's on a good contract. I think if we can use Dennis to move up and nab one of Winslow or Hezonja we should do it, because I think the talent is similar and those guys will fit better and help us in these next 4 years. If that's not possible, we keep Dennis and revisit our PG situation again in a year.

agreed

• Premium Member

You are referencing 1 game as an indictment of what his future play will be what about the games he started when Teague was injured.

it's not just one game.   The one game is indicative of what he does.  He listens to Bud a little for some playing time.   However, when he has guaranteed playing time, he ignores everything he's been sent out there to do.  I've seen young players, I've seen immature players, I have seen players who had all the potential in the world.  Derrick Whooptidamndo Coleman comes to mind.   The one thing I know is that whatever it is that drives Dennis to seek stardom is not going to be stopped and he will not conform to what Bud wants from him.   The good news now is that Bud has all power.  So either he listens to Bud or he is shipped out.   I'm almost willing to bet he will be shipped out.

You're assuming that Bud hasn't instructed Dennis to do what Dennis does best....penetrate and get to the rim! When the defense is locking down the offense in half court, it's good to have a player who can get into the lane whenever he wants to.  Dennis needs to finish better and find the open man when the defense rotates, but I got the feeling that they wanted him attacking and trying to score.

• Premium Member

You're assuming that Bud hasn't instructed Dennis to do what Dennis does best....penetrate and get to the rim! When the defense is locking down the offense in half court, it's good to have a player who can get into the lane whenever he wants to.  Dennis needs to finish better and find the open man when the defense rotates, but I got the feeling that they wanted him attacking and trying to score.

Maybe an assumption, but based on Sap's body language, I don't think it's a bad assumption.