• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeMarre Carroll & Paul Millsap MEGA thread

RandomFan

Looks like Carroll is going to get PAID this summer. Danny Green just got a 4 year, 45 million deal from the Spurs. Teams are going to be going after Demarre who is the next great 3 and D wing available.

Hooooooooottttttttt DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

I am seeing a lot of sticker shock on this thread.  People need to get over the raw dollars because with the cap expanding next season these deals won't seem nearly so out of line as they look today.  I am also seeing a lot of people saying things like "Ferry would never do this...Bud is a moron."  Ferry would have had to deal with this same dilemma and I don't think it is at all clear what he would have done.  This team just got to the ECF for the first time in Atlanta history.  It is hard to let some of  your best players walk for nothing and take a step back immediately after that.  

This reminds me of one of those fantasy auctions where you sit there going, "wow, every one of these guys is going for waaayyyy too much" but the team that sits on its hands during those runs and ends up with no one impactful to bid on doesn't clean house.  

I was about to use DMC as an example but it looks like he is already gone.  What a terrible time for the cap to jump like this.  We are getting pinched badly.

• Like 1

• Moderators

FWIW: Sap and Toby's career comps.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=millspa01&p2=harrito02&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

Grain of salt and all, bear in mind Millsap was lightly used in his first few seasons, and Harris was occasionally doghoused under Skiles in Milwuakee.

~lw3

It's a Rap! Good luck DMC!

~lw3

• Moderators

~lw3

• Like 1