• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeMarre Carroll & Paul Millsap MEGA thread

RandomFan

Lebron will eat Carroll alive in the playoffs no matter if Carroll is healthy or not. Carroll is a solid defender, but he is not elite. He had enough trouble guarding a past his prime Joe Johnson in the first round. JJ was able to get anywhere he wanted on the court.

Korver is not a good playoff performer and he wasn't even playing well before he got hurt. I don't think Al's injury did that much to him. He played solid against Washington, but he mostly failed to play to his potential against Cleveland. But that's who Al is.... Sometimes he plays great, but sometimes he is just not interested in going out there and sticking it to the other team. It's the story of his career.

Sap's injury probably bothered him. He wasn't the same player on the offensive end after he got hurt at the end of the season.

But the truth is that Atlanta gets 1 game if they're healthy. Lebron is just too much of a force.

I've been saying this all along Hawks get probably one game vs the Cavs if the Hawks were healthy. One more year playing together won't close the gap of the Cavs and Hawks. The only way to close the gap get better players. 

• Like 1

While we are busy discussing if re-signing Millsap and DMC is worth it for any further success of this Franchise, we have other question marks. Like the struggles of Korver and Horford when it came playoff time.

It's kind of concerning that every starter struggled. Even the guy some would say was our only constant, Jeff Teague, was mentally defeated by Matthew Dellavedova. Our 'all-star' PG was challenged and defeated by Matthew Dellavedova.

In my own personal opinion, I'm not sure we have any consistency on this roster. All can be upgraded.

• Like 4

"...our 'all-star PG was challenged and defeated by Matthew Dellavedova"

In truth...the league MVP was actually challenged and defeated by him to a point in the finals...at least early in the series.  Chances are word got around quickly that the guy was a wild, rolling on the floor, career ender, and they were afraid of the dude.

His nickname should be "small-pox".

Actually, I wish he wasn't even if the league.  The NBA is no place for that kind of stuff.

• Like 2

Also, not saying we should tank, but.......

Cavs - 4 #1 overall picks. Got Lebron, Irving, traded the other 2 for Love. There is that NBA finals roster.

Warriors - drafted Curry, Thompson, Green.

Point is, we are throwing our draft picks away, and for what? To keep this inconsistent roster together? Horford is a free agent next summer, and I wouldn't be surprised if he left when we get smashed in the playoffs again. Then what?

Edited by RWF
  • Like 1

Also, not saying we should tank, but.......

Cavs - 4 #1 overall picks. Got Lebron, Irving, traded the other 2 for Love. There is that NBA finals roster.

Warriors - drafted Curry, Thompson, Green.

Point is, we are throwing our draft picks away, and for what? To keep this inconsistent roster together? Horford is a free agent next summer, and I wouldn't be surprised if he left when we get smashed in the playoffs again. Then what?

I don't totally agree that they got "smashed" in the playoffs.

This is a good regular season team that can't take its game to a higher level in the playoffs. They more or less got beat by one man in the 3rd round and they need more talent to beat Lebron.

I don't totally agree that they got "smashed" in the playoffs.

This is a good regular season team that can't take its game to a higher level in the playoffs. They more or less got beat by one man in the 3rd round and they need more talent to beat Lebron.

With 'smashed', I meant swept, 4-0, not even close. Physically and mentally defeated by Lebron's team, like history repeating itself.

Do agree we need more talent, but we can't get it while giving up drafts or putting all of our cap into the same roster that needs talent in the first place.

There is such a big gap between Lebron and the Hawks, that Hawks are a treadmill until they can beat Lebron.

Edited by RWF

Yeah, let's get this thread derailment back on track please. How about we restrain the content of this thead to the updates and news on Carroll's and Millsap's free agency. And leave the complaining about if we should resign them to the many other threads already littered with that subjective opinion nonsense.

After all, it all boils down to one central argument anway. There are those of you that think if this team returns mostly as constructed as last year, then we won't be able to win a championship; and there are those of us that think it is silly to presume to be so certain of that outcome. Let's just agree to disagree on that point because nobody is changing anyone else's mind by continuing with the same talking points that have been presented over and over again in the last 3 weeks.

With that understood, let's get back to actual news and less opinion here.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Lebron will eat Carroll alive in the playoffs no matter if Carroll is healthy or not. Carroll is a solid defender, but he is not elite. He had enough trouble guarding a past his prime Joe Johnson in the first round. JJ was able to get anywhere he wanted on the court.

Korver is not a good playoff performer and he wasn't even playing well before he got hurt. I don't think Al's injury did that much to him. He played solid against Washington, but he mostly failed to play to his potential against Cleveland. But that's who Al is.... Sometimes he plays great, but sometimes he is just not interested in going out there and sticking it to the other team. It's the story of his career.

Sap's injury probably bothered him. He wasn't the same player on the offensive end after he got hurt at the end of the season.

But the truth is that Atlanta gets 1 game if they're healthy. Lebron is just too much of a force.

Joe had a decent series but Demarre outplayed him on both ends.   Joe shot 29% from 3, and 36% overall.   I assuming you're just chalking that up to bad shooting from Joe but I'm thinking the defense had a little to do with that.   

• Premium Member

If you acknowledge that it isn't even possible to resign both based on the CBA unless Carroll agrees to a contract much less than his open market value, then I will move on

I believe that there are a whole lot of teams on the open market crying wolf... as though they will sign DMC for 12 Million Plus, but at the end of the day, that's very doubtful in my eyes.  The only team that I believe would do that is LAL, however, I believe that they have something else up their sleeve that will eat away most of their cap.

• Like 1

DMC is about to get paid.

Edited by RWF

A tad off-topic but...with the Pistons basically saying pee on you Smoove and giving him his money as a "cut" player...and now seeming to be very active in the F/A discussions... How rich is their owner?

They may be going all-in to get back in the race in the E.C.

Money talks.to_keep_order.gif