• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeMarre Carroll & Paul Millsap MEGA thread

RandomFan

DMC will easily get 12 mil per year, maybe even more.

I've thought that after the year he's had $12m is realistic.  He is certainly gonna get paid.

We may get a minor discount to keep him but I doubt much.  I figure $11.5 for DMC and the $16.5 (as earlier posted) for Millsap.  That's $28m to keep them both in the fold - I say do it - not my money.

If what the new owner says is true (on AJC.com earlier) that we will go past the cap but basically stop right  before the luxury tax kicks in...we can afford that.

Lets face it - the price of poker is going up clint.gif

(one can only imagine what the "important" fans have been saying in New York, Chicago, Indy and Detroit:  "What the hell are the F'n HAWKS doing in the ECFs !!!....we better get our cr@p in GEAR !!)

Let's face it - "us" going to the ECFs this year is akin to Kentucky going to the Championship game in the SEC.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

4/30 for a career backup, ouch. Anyone who signed a long deal before this year is getting screwed.

Are there enough cap dollars out there for the top 30 FAs to all get $7 mil starting and up?

EDIT - actually the list I'm looking at now has Aminu as the 46th ranked free agent. yikes

Edited by Bamalawdawg
  • Like 1

Whoa. The most recent speculation was he was going to get around $4 to $5m per season. That contract is for $7.5 and a pretty big jump over that. This doesn't bode well for getting DMC for around $10 to 11m.

But there are people that think we shouldn't pay DMC over $8m per season.  crazy.gif

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 1

"Are there enough cap dollars out there for the top 30 FAs to all get $7 mil starting and up?"

It seems like it's weird this year Bamalaw...kinda like wives who know their husbands are getting big promotions.

Everybody knows the big money is coming next year - so if you can spend now on a credit card somehow - who cares?

If Thad Young is getting $12m per year, I don't see how it's possible we can get DMC for any cheaper than that...sigh.

Edited by RandomFan

I'm calling B.S. on that one. That Hawks don't leak info. If the Hawks are linked with someone, it's most likely an agent making up junk.

And now $14m per year for Middleton

Edited by RandomFan