• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud wants "HIS GUYS" back

JTB

In a recent interview with Newly acquired Tim Hardaway jr.....Bud expressed several times throughout the interview that he wanted Paul and DMC back.

I believe that this has probably been in the works for a long time and that deals are probably already on the table for both. I think we will sign Millsap for his EB Max and sign DMC for 12m.

Link:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/article25791463.html

To me there's a different problem we will all soon be talking about and that's the big man situation. I say Sap and DMC comes back no worries.....what is budcox plan on adding a needed center? They can't turn back to pero this time around....Elton brand is done.....????

I should say bud has said several times throughout the off season so far how bad he wants his guys back....it's starting to get silly to even link other guys to the Hawks based on what bud has said publicly numerous times

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

In a recent interview with Newly acquired Tim Hardaway jr.....Bud expressed several times throughout the interview that he wanted Paul and DMC back.

I believe that this has probably been in the works for a long time and that deals are probably already on the table for both. I think we will sign Millsap for his EB Max and sign DMC for 12m.

Link:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/article25791463.html

To me there's a different problem we will all soon be talking about and that's the big man situation. I say Sap and DMC comes back no worries.....what is budcox plan on adding a needed center? They can't turn back to pero this time around....Elton brand is done.....????

This is my main problem with letting Coach Bud run the roster ... he may be too personally invested in some of these players to see the other problems with our lineup. Rebounding, consistent scoring from the post, and defense around the rim were pretty bad come playoff time.  I don't see how bringing DMC and Milsap both back fixes any of that.  

Edited by FastFreddie
  • Like 3

I hope they don't think we are locked into getting the top seed in the East again by bringing back the same team. I'd say they had a shocking season, not something I can see being repeated. Good luck though if the plan is to get beat down by Lebron again.

Not only are we bringing back the same core, it's going to be more expensive towards the cap.

Edited by RWF
  • Like 4

This is my main problem with letting Coach Bud run the roster ... he may be too personally invested in some of these players to see the other problems with our lineup. Rebounding, consistent scoring from the post, and defense around the rim were pretty bad come playoff time. I don't see how bringing DMC and Milsap both back fixes any of that.

Yeah but you got to remember that we won 60 games and made to the ECF though we struggled through the playoffs and eventually got swept.

I mean trust me I understand what your saying but you can't just break up a 60 win team without any assurance of bringing in others that can put out the same results.

I'm cool with sap and dmc coming back but bud needs to address the center position.

We need a center that can come off the bench and start against bigger centers and actually make an impact.

• Premium Member

This is my main problem with letting Coach Bud run the roster ... he may be too personally invested in some of these players to see the other problems with our lineup. Rebounding, consistent scoring from the post, and defense around the rim were pretty bad come playoff time.  I don't see how bringing DMC and Milsap both back fixes any of that.

I just don't think there are any Lebrons or Currys out there. We won 60 games and went to the ECF so I think we will make some adjustments.

• Like 1

This is the concern with Bud being team president. Will he be able to be objective when it comes to personnel decisions?

Can't expect a overhaul with a 60 win team....just sayin we all knew the priority was to get them back.

And honestly it's not the problem...if bud can get a center that's valuable off the bench that's a huge improvement right there with this same team

Bud is just being diplomatic and we are goin to low ball Carroll and Sap initially to see if we can get Aldridge.. No way the new owner isn't interested in acquiring a talent like Lamarcus Aldridge..

The interest isn't as high on lamarcus side....if you were LMA you would pick the Spurs over the Hawks too!

• Like 1

Agreed

People need to forget about 60 wins last year because it doesn't matter.

What matters is that we were not good enough to win a single game vs an Injured Cavs team. And struggled

to beat the Wizards with Wall out.

We need some upgrades in talent.

We are not going to win a championship without a go to scorer or by being the worst rebounding team in the nba.

I like Sap and DMC, but it's gonna take alot more than them and THJ to win it all.

Yeah but we have to give budcox a chance to make improvements to the core we already have.

We need to cast a wide net..
Have coach Bud recruit the big name free agents.
Have Wilcox negotiate with Sap and Dmc
Have Grant Hill wine and dine all of them until we sign someone.

Edited by pimp

• Premium Member

Can't expect a overhaul with a 60 win team....just sayin we all knew the priority was to get them back.

And honestly it's not the problem...if bud can get a center that's valuable off the bench that's a huge improvement right there with this same team

Not expecting overhaul. Just questioning whether he can be objective going forward. We know how bullish he is about this "group". When they don't win the title this year or next, will he still maintain the WLOC toward this group of players?

Not expecting overhaul. Just questioning whether he can be objective going forward. We know how bullish he is about this "group". When they don't win the title this year or next, will he still maintain the WLOC toward this group of players?

Depends on if they improve as a group or not. We have given them only one shot at it. Let's give them a bit more time it was truly only year one with this group since Al missed the majority of the last season

• Like 3