• Momentane Spendenziele

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Big Mistake

jmac54

Signing Paul Millsap to that massive contract. I'm sorry but we coulda got Tobias Harris at that price or even a bit cheaper. Plus he's younger. What a disaster signing. At least we let Demarre go. Smart move there. But still we shoulda made a move for Monroe and Harris. We'd then be super legit

Signing Paul Millsap to that massive contract. I'm sorry but we coulda got Tobias Harris at that price or even a bit cheaper. Plus he's younger. What a disaster signing. At least we let Demarre go. Smart move there. But still we shoulda made a move for Monroe and Harris. We'd then be super legit

Millsap is 90% likely to opt out that third year. Signing Millsap to a 2 year contract basically guarantees you Sap's prime years.

Disaster? Say we go after Harris, as an RFA the Magic would have 3 days to match once he signs an offer sheet. Free agents aren't going to wait for us, they'll negotiate with other teams. Even the Magic could sign someone else and then match our offer. That would be a real disaster. Potentially no Harris and no Millsap with most of the free agents gone.

• Like 2

Sure, let's replace our two-time all star PF for a younger player who has never led his team to a winning record nor had an all star appearance himself. Let's not resign a upper tier player who knows our "hard-to-understand" offense in favor of a player who doesn't know our offense and is gonna take time to learn it. Add to the situation like @nathan2331 said, he's a restricted free agent.

Resisting the urge to use my favorite stop it gif.

Edited by alejandro09
  • Like 1

Boo.....

You won't get many to agree with you there, chief. Millsap has a skillset that is hard to come by and his value is unquestionable. Tobias Harris has some tools, but is not the complete package that Sap is. Sap is the kind of player this franchise needs to develop, attract, and keep. The Hawks aren't done dealing, but the most important move forward they'll make this off season is retaining Millsap.

So is Horford staying at Center then? Can all you idiots answer that? Cause if he is. Then we are using the same line-up as last season minus Demarre. So therefore we get run over by Cleveland again. Millsap isn't a 4 just like Horford isn't a 5. Sorry dummies but this contract was stupid. Harris is a much better option and is way younger and would be cheaper and can play the 3 so we could run Horf at 4 and Splitter at 5. Millsap can't dribble all that well and cannot put it on the floor as well as Harris. So have fun being content with having the same team again. Maybe a bit worse.

Sorry but I'm taking

Teague

Korver

Harris

Horford

Splitter

Over

Teague

Korver

Insert 3 here

Millsap

Horford

So is Horford staying at Center then? Can all you idiots answer that? Cause if he is. Then we are using the same line-up as last season minus Demarre. So therefore we get run over by Cleveland again. Millsap isn't a 4 just like Horford isn't a 5. Sorry dummies but this contract was stupid. Harris is a much better option and is way younger and would be cheaper and can play the 3 so we could run Horf at 4 and Splitter at 5. Millsap can't dribble all that well and cannot put it on the floor as well as Harris. So have fun being content with having the same team again. Maybe a bit worse.

Sorry but I'm taking

Teague

Korver

Harris

Horford

Splitter

Over

Teague

Korver

Insert 3 here

Millsap

Horford

Yeah....you know Harris is a terrible defender right? Lol even magic Fans wanted sap over Harris!

The magic are debating if they are going to give him the max or not too yet they didn't hesitate by any means to offer sap the max.

Sap is better than Harris....the league knows that and it's pretty simple to see

• Like 1

Idiots and dummies? Mods??

In case you didn't notice, the league is trending towards smaller frontcourt. And the recent deals allow Atl to big or small with efficiency and talent. Millsap has a major advantage in quickness over most 4's. And am I wrong? For his position, Sap puts the ball on the floor exceptionally well and is a tough cover.

So enjoy your opinion, but it seems to be a bit off base, brochacho. Player analysis might not be your strong suite.

59450876.jpg

• Like 2

Idiots and dummies? Mods??

In case you didn't notice, the league is trending towards smaller frontcourt. And the recent deals allow Atl to big or small with efficiency and talent. Millsap has a major advantage in quickness over most 4's. And am I wrong? For his position, Sap puts the ball on the floor exceptionally well and is a tough cover.

So enjoy your opinion, but it seems to be a bit off base, brochacho. Player analysis might not be your strong suite.

He's an emotional Hawks fan....it's cool (leave him alone mods....we all will get made at something)

• Premium Member

He's an emotional Hawks fan....it's cool (leave him alone mods....we all will get made at something)

Hmmm... actually, no!

I got a 24h ban for being 'emotional' as well. So bring on the hammer! diablo.gif

This guy think we should keep losing to to the Cavs just because DMC is gone... Jesus. It's true the Cavs have the better team right now, but the glaring difference between the two teams in th playoffs was SIZE and REBOUNDING. Bud is addressing that. With DMC or without him, if we can't stop Tristan grabbing those offensive boards we're toast. So Splitter over Carroll should help us. Let's just not forget we have to get to the ECF first and we're good to go. 

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Uhm.  Tobias is a Restricted FA so we couldn't have gotten him.   Secondly, Millsap is one of the best PFs in the game on a shorter deal.

• Premium Member

Sorry but I'm taking

Teague

Korver

Harris

Horford

Splitter

Over

Teague

Korver

Insert 3 here

Millsap

Horford

So now, you think Horford is a 4 and Splitter is starter quality?  Unforutunate.  I guess you also think 60 wins and the longest winning streak in history is a fluke also?

FInally, the Magic won 25 games.   25 games and they have Vucevic, Oladipo, and Harris.   How much of a difference did Harris make for them?  Plus, the Magic could have matched while we waited and probably loss Sap to the Magic.  Then what?  Sign Brandon Bass?