• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Comic-Con Trailer

pimp

• Moderators

The DC movies are a little more gritty then the Marvel ones ... 

Which is kind of the opposite of how I've always thought of them (i.e., that more of the Marvel characters were flawed, harsh and that more of the DC were Greek god types).  

DC has to start knocking it out because they've flopped everything other than the Batman movies so far.  The Superman reboot was an A+ trailer but only a C+ movie.

• Like 2

I really had my doubts about Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne but after watching that trailer I am really excited about this movie. They seem to have a plausible reason for the superman batman conflict. Looks like they may be setting up a relationship between Wonder Woman and Batman which would definitely make a pairing of them a more believable match up for Superman in a fight. I think they are using Frank Miller's Batman work as a plot inspiration which will also make an older Bruce Wayne make sense. That Bat Armor suit looked just like the suit from the graphic novel. I also am really curious about the spray painted Robin suit and how that is in the story guessing a Robin is dead in the story probably killed by Joker.

I thought the Chris Evans casting as Captain America was horrible and he totally proved me wrong so really hoping Ben Affleck does the same. A dark a gritty DC cinematic universe would be a great offset to Marvel's style.

I also totally agree with AHF in the fact it is ironic because I always thought Marvel's comics were the grounded believable ones and DC the over top Super Powered ones.

Does anyone know if Suicide Squad will be part of this cinematic universe. That trailer also intrigued me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

Did anyone catch Robin being dead?  So this is loosely a Batman that can fit in the last series timeline.  Batman is retired and at some point Robin was killed by the Joker.  

Why do we think Robin is necessarily dead?  Clearly Robin's costume is painted on, but is it clear that he was killed or is that just part of Batman's cave that has been defaced?  I've not read the Batman comics but I thought Robin went on to be some other superhero and gave up the Robin costume.  Research says 'Nightwing.'  I guess there are supposed to be multiple Robins so maybe the Joker killed one?  

The original Robin d*ck Grayson went on to become Nightwing but then Batman got a second Robin Jason Todd I think was the characters name but not sure. The Joker killed him in an explosion right before Batman could save him and then after that Bruce Wayne's son Damian became Robin. I think they may have even had a female Robin for a bit. There are so many Batman comics it's hard to keep them all straight.

I was just thinking that maybe in the movie plot Robin's death lead to Bruce Wayne retiring like in the Dark Knight returns and he keeps the suit with Joker's graffiti as a reminder of his failure or something. Then in the trailer Superman knocks down Wayne Towers at the end of Man of Steel and kills a bunch of Bruce's employees and friends and he decided he didn't avenge Robin but he will avenge them. Could be totally off but I think that would be a great plot for Batman going all out to take down Superman. The paper with the writing mocking him also makes me think it was Joker taunting Batman about failing to save Robin and then the people in the buildings.

I read in the movie Gotham and Metroplois are across a river like New York and New Jersey so that is why the Zod Superman fight knocks down Wayne Tower.

• Like 1

Your welcome I'm not a a definitive source for Batman lore and it was only about 20 years ago when I was reading it but at least this new generation of movies are using some of the great stories from the comics and not crappy scripts written by people who probably never read the comics about the characters they are writing.