• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Scott Arrested?

GrimeyKidd

• Premium Member

Maybe something we call can agree on... CViv should be all over this story. I recognize that the Hawks nor Scott are going to have much to say at this moment, but some clarification ought to be getting gotten from the league office and/or the players association office as to how they understand the testing part should play out, if at all.

Any penny the AJC gives this guy is a waste of money. Anybody can write about what happened, he should be the guy who is writing about what is going to happen. I get more Hawks news on this forum from people that do it for free.

• Like 3

. I get more Hawks news on this forum from people that do it for free.

Yeah cam...this is a really odd and interesting situation. Obviously there were things going on in the car during the "chase" (if there really was one)...Then Scotty "owns up". His brother is an aggressive driver (?). This deal could have more twists and turns than a mystery story. Heck...they could even say that it was an incorrect stop (maybe somebody else was following to close in a similar vehicle).

We have to remember that there is no rule that the District Attorney (HAS) to make a charge. Oftentimes D.A.'s with limited evidence, simply say no (limited evidence - not sure who did what - not hard drugs) if they feel it isn't worth it.

This could come down to a simple traffic violation.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

One way I could see why Mikey would stake claim to the drugs is if he knew lil Imhotep already had 2 strikes against him. So in that case, watching lil bro go away for a long long time kind of overwhelmed the "take the charge and you'll have a nice new Bugatti there to pick you up after your token stint, Amun Ra...I mean Imhotep" reaction.

That and there's reason why you have a right against incriminating yourself by remaining silent and to having a lawyer present. Whether or not you're in possession of your full faculties the fact that men with guns are surrounding you with lights flashing and sirens wailing may be just a tad jarring. Adding to it, for the none career criminal types *ahem* kg, waltzing by the holding pen at bookings can be further jarring to go along with officers vacillating between promising you a future vacation destination to Rape City and then acting like they are your best friend that wants to help you but just needs to understand why you did what you did. So yea, it's not a shocker that people caught doing stupid shit would also say stupid shit.

Which is why I say, "NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE!!!", especially after you've already been arrested. At that point, it's all up to your lawyer. There's absolutely nothing to gain.

Mikes Scott should have watched some episodes of "The First 48".  Its a good education in how guys put themselves in jail by talking to the police.  His only hope now, I think, is if his lawyer can find ways to challenge the search, for drugs. (Even that is pretty iffy, but could get reduced charges.)

Edited by Randy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Mikes Scott should have watched some episodes of "The First 48".  Its a good education in how guys put themselves in jail by talking to the police.  His only hope now, I think, is if his lawyer can find ways to challenge the search, for drugs. (Even that is pretty iffy, but could get reduced charges.)

Amen to that. He already pretty much screwed his lawyer by admitting guilt when he didn't even have to. Save the confessions for your plea deal. Guilty or innocent, there's absolutely no reason to talk to the police after you've already been arrested. His 'confession' to the police can now be used against him in court.

After my years of Law & Order watchin', I continued my studies(sic) as an avid First 48 watcher.  One thing you have to remember is, "Don't say anything" especially if you think you're guilty.

Scott better hope his confession came before he was read his rights so maybe his lawyer can get it tossed.

If these guys weren't runnin' guns or moving weight, it's probably pretty likely that the charges would be reduced to a degree.  The 'high speed chase' is bad enough.  Should've just pulled over right away.  Make cops' jobs harder and they try to make your life harder.

Which is why I say, "NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE!!!", especially after you've already been arrested. At that point, it's all up to your lawyer. There's absolutely nothing to gain.

This is one of the best videos I've seen explaining why you shouldn't talk to the police. I suggest you all watch it ... and I suggest that Mike Scott invent a time machine and go back and watch it, too.

Don't Talk to the Police

Edited by LamarHampton

This is one of the best videos I've seen explaining why you shouldn't talk to the police. I suggest you all watch it ... and I suggest that Mike Scott invent a time machine and go back and watch it, too.

Don't Talk to the Police

The link isn't working for me.

The link isn't working for me.

I'm an idiot and can never remember how to embed.

Once I get off work I will revisit that How To video.

Try copying and pasting this and maybe it will work:

EDIT: apparently i figured it out

Edited by LamarHampton
  • Like 2

• Moderators

#inafterthelock

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1