• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Scott Arrested?

GrimeyKidd

What a dumbass. What ever happened to having a few drinks and calling it a night anyway? America has serious drug culture issue that needs to be addressed. Too many idiots running around glorifying drug use has done serious damage to our culture and way of life

I think I'll brush up on my knowledge of Article XXXIII (Anti-Drug Program) of the CBA...

(off the top of my head, I think the NBA operates with a sort of three strikes and you're out type of thing....)

Out of all the Hawks, Mike Scott would have been the first one I guessed smokes weed. Hope it turns out okay for him. Shenanigans like this normally arent a part of the "Spurs culture."

Edited to remove lip comments.

Edited by LamarHampton

Out of all the Hawks, Mike Scott would have been the first one I guessed smokes weed. Hope it turns out okay for him. Shenanigans like this normally arent a part of the "Spurs culture."

But seriously, wtf is up with that other guys lip? Was he hit and it became swollen in a skirmish with the fuzz? I'm sorry, i just cant let that slide and not say anything. It is an injury or some sort of physiological anomaly.

Huh?

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33118425

They also had Stephen Jackson more than once in their system...oh and when I did a quick DUI check from when Bud had his issues, I believe Pop showed up a few times as well as Bud and Ferry also in the San Antonio area. I guess one could argue that possession of drugs is the main point, but the idea of the Spurs culture is a false narrative.

Smh.

Come to think of it, I read a blurb towards the end of the season the Scott was in Coach Bud's dog house because of weed.

It was the only one I saw, no follow up, no other mentions so I didn't post or bring it up.

• Premium Member

Well this just might open up a roster spot for both Petteway and Patterson. We got enough FC depth as it is without Scott. Mike is blazing a trail for both Petteway and Patterson.

Those guys don't belong on an NBA roster yet...Sign a vet instead

• Premium Member

If he tests positive, he's out from what I'm reading.

Sounds like we have a new hole in the roster... and I'm not sure if this qualifies as a Disabled Player exception situation, but even if it is, we'll only get about $1.15m (50%) of Scott's salary to work with.

Dang.

If it's just weed, they gonna drop/wipe these charges when it's legal in a couple of years? Cause, you know, those using alcohol during prohibition were real thugz

• Like 1

Chris Vivlamore: “We are aware of the situation involving Mike Scott this morning. Out of respect for the legal process, we will not have any additional comment at this time,”Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said.

Chris Vivlamore: Mike Scott and brother have had bail set and may get out within next two hours. Mike Scott at $8,100 and Antonn Scott $9,300.

– via Twitter CVivlamoreAJC

Law, Mike Scott, Atlanta Hawks

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

Dumb question for you legal beagles out there. If Mike can plead nolo contendere to the felony possession charges (plea bargain, in exchange for probation+community service+whatever, I'm reading now it might be called a "conditional discharge" in GA), would that count as a "conviction" under the terms of the CBA?

~lw3

If he tests positive, he's out from what I'm reading.

Sounds like we have a new hole in the roster... and I'm not sure if this qualifies as a Disabled Player exception situation, but even if it is, we'll only get about $1.15m (50%) of Scott's salary to work with.

Dang.

He has to be a positive test via the NBA. I don't think the state of Georgia is going to draw a sample from Mike and even if they did, I don't see how the NBA would be able to get access to said sample. I also don't know how long this stuff would stay in your system, so even if the NBA and NBPA called upon Mike Scott to be tested immediately then who is to say that he would test positive in that scenario? But it does seem like testing positive for MDMA via the NBA procedure would kick Mike out of the league like what happened to Chris Anderson (was that the most recent?).

Reading through the CBA, it reminds me of Half Baked.

"4 years just for weed, DAMN!"

If all Mike is doing is weed, well he's fine. There's a special program for that. Same with PEDs. Anything more than that? Then they give you hell. That is....uhhh....well, interesting.