• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Scott Arrested?

GrimeyKidd

I told my gf that I'd like to have a couple of children with her when we get married and my hope is that they are girls. Her response was awwwwwwwwwww....I said ya, I'd also like to name them Mary and Molly...;-)

The M&M's?  Nice.

Not sure I could handle 2 daughters once they get to the teeny phase.  Mine is great now but she's only 8 so I'm still king of the world.  Once she gets to dating age, I may have to hire onea you to make somebody's son disappear if she has a date who acts wrong.

Hmmm, now that that's out it sounds pretty bad.  Meh, I'll stick with it.

Hawks player Mike Scott bonded out following his arrest on felony drug charges in Banks County,according to a Sheriff’s Department spokesperson. A court date is pending. It could take several days for the case to be put on a court calendar, according to the Banks County Superior Court Clerk’s office. 

Scott had a bond of $8,100 after being arrested and charged with felony possession of marijuana and possession of Schedule I drug (MDMA known as Molly) Thursday morning. His brother, Antonn Scott, posted a bond of $9,300 after he was arrested and charged with with fleeing and attempting to elude law enforcement officers, following too closely, felony possession of marijuana and possession of Schedule I drug.

Scott was likely on his way to Virginia at the time of the incident. He is scheduled to conduct his second annual basketball camp for youth on Saturday. The event was scheduled at his alma mater Deep Creek High School in Chesapeake, Virginia. It’s unknown whether the event will be held. Scott could face disciplinary action from the Hawks and the NBA. The league does not have to wait until the legal process is concluded, pending the conclusion of its own investigation, to hand down disciplinary measures. 

– via Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Law, Mike Scott, Atlanta Hawks

• Premium Member

No money on it, but I can at least say that one particularly close relative of mine had been a slave to Mary since he was in middle school, and when he was in a car accident a couple of years ago, he was caught with enough to end up in jail for awhile. Ended up on 18 mos. probation, tho it could have been worse. The change of mindset didn't happen all at once, but slowly, it has, and today, he's back in college while holding down a warehouse job, and he would say he is in a much better place with his life. I won't even go so far as to say I know he's not still using some, but it's fair to say that the encounter with the law did end up forcing him to figure some things out. And I'm not sure he ever would have been able to do it without having some or all of the chemical fog dispatched from his head.

If Scott gets a slap on the wrist, not much will change unless he's smart enough to realize he dodged a bullet. If his freedom and or career get threatened, that may be what causes him to reevaluate his choices. Either way, I hope he gets it together because leading police on a car chase at speeds up to 98mph on a public highway while rolling and/or hot boxing in your Tahoe has to be one of the dumbest decisions ever. I guess I can take some solace in the fact that he wasn't driving.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Effin pothead. I wish the Hawks try and find a way to void his contract.

THERE ARE RULES IN THE LEAGUE. The mofo makes over 3M a year and still is stupid enough to get caught doing shit.

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

I'll be honest, I wish they could use this an excuse to void his contract.

The M&M's?  Nice.

Not sure I could handle 2 daughters once they get to the teeny phase.  Mine is great now but she's only 8 so I'm still king of the world.  Once she gets to dating age, I may have to hire onea you to make somebody's son disappear if she has a date who acts wrong.

Hmmm, now that that's out it sounds pretty bad.  Meh, I'll stick with it.

Just, ahhhh, lay down the ground work now with your neighbors and friends about how you've always wanted to start a rose garden in the yard so, ahhhh, when one or a dozen pop up it doesn't raise suspicions.

• Moderators

If the most serious charges bear full fruit then you will likely see that as he'll be in jail all season.  If he ends up getting hit with nothing more than a pot charge, then that in itself doesn't hurt my head.  I'll sit back a bit and see how this plays out, but it is the downside of generally guaranteed contracts.

• Moderators

It's the new DWB... Driving While Baller.

C'mon Jordan, it's 400, not the Salt Flats!

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

I get the sentiment, but of course, the only benefit to the Hawks in that is the roster slot opens up. Salary cap-wise, we lose an asset that we can't even replace at the same salary level, ie, since we're over the cap, and only have the Room MLE, and maybe--I'm not sure of this, b/c I'm not persuaded it would apply--a Disabled Player option, which would only be ~$1.15m. And of course, I'm sure I'm not alone that I'd much rather have, at least, a Room MLE to use for that last slot in our roster.

Just, ahhhh, lay down the ground work now with your neighbors and friends about how you've always wanted to start a rose garden in the yard so, ahhhh, when one or a dozen pop up it doesn't raise suspicions.

I'll be all, "Yeah, I told yall I wanted to put down some new sod. I don't even know what that smell is ..."

Be really interesting to see who he hires as his defense attorney.  Needs a "down home" or southern gentlemen type.  Here's a couple of ideas:

Bobby Lee Cook

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Lee_Cook

Ed Garland

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2000-02-05/sports/0002050047_1_garland-hank-aaron-ray-lewis

Any other ideas?

Edited by Randy

This may have already been answered (I really don't have time to read 16 pages to find it), but will this potentially allow us to lose Scott and retain his salary to our cap space?  If so, this might help us.  I don't think Mike was in our long term plans and I don't think we were gonna find a taker for him anyways.  This might be a blessing.

• Moderators

This may have already been answered (I really don't have time to read 16 pages to find it), but will this potentially allow us to lose Scott and retain his salary to our cap space?  If so, this might help us.  I don't think Mike was in our long term plans and I don't think we were gonna find a taker for him anyways.  This might be a blessing.

Short answer:  Very unlikely.