• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rick and Morty

Admin

Who here is watching this show on Adult Swim?? I know a few of you seem like the target audience for it... 20's - 30's males with a twisted sense of humor and too much time on their hands. A friend just got me watching this and I am loving it! It's like South Park on acid with absolutely no rules on what they'll say or do.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2861424/

Have definitely given it a watch on a few occasions and enjoyed it although it's so spastic I'd be hard pressed to actually describe any of the episodes that I've seen despite being sober for the most part.  If I'm ever home and bored Adult Swim is a great way to entertain myself just that a lot of the really funny and ridiculous shows are sandwiched between or tacked on after a steady block of Family Guy or American Dad rerun which are sort of a turnoff.

Hmm, missed me, damn i'm getting old.

I don't think you're much older than me but there's an old guy as one of the main characters so maybe you can relate lol. I only found out about it from some younger friends telling me about it.

I'm not sure I have ever watched Adult Swim if I wasn't drunk or high.

So you're pretty much always watching Adult Swim then? {/sarcasm}

Have definitely given it a watch on a few occasions and enjoyed it although it's so spastic I'd be hard pressed to actually describe any of the episodes that I've seen despite being sober for the most part. If I'm ever home and bored Adult Swim is a great way to entertain myself just that a lot of the really funny and ridiculous shows are sandwiched between or tacked on after a steady block of Family Guy or American Dad rerun which are sort of a turnoff.

The episodes aren't super memorable as they're all so similarly sarcastic and messed up but there are lots of memorable bits. Maybe it's because the show is so new to me and Family Guy / Southpark have been around so long that they've grown stale or maybe it's just because I'm a sarcastic mean bastard who can relate more to this show.

So you're pretty much always watching Adult Swim then? {/sarcasm}

Well, I'm going to plead the fif on this one.

More or less, just thinking about Adult Swim gave me some fun flashbacks to random college weeknights. That was cool. But I did have a chance to sit down and watch a few episodes of Rick and Morty, they are pretty funny. I like how they aren't topical like how the Family Guy, Simpsons, and South Park get to. I do agree it's hard to describe or recall, it's a bit uhhh strange yet funny.

I watched their latest "Get Schwifty" episode and that gave me another strange flashback to Gröûp X and Schfifty Five:

(apparently the people who made that video used to perform at Swayze's in Marietta, I probably saw them in High School and never realized it...)