• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA League Pass has changed

capstone21

• Admin

If you were getting the NBA league pass streaming only ... it has changed to NBA Team Pass as instead of being able to select 5 teams to watch ... you can only select one team.  It is 30 dollars less a year then the 5 team selection was last year.  

THe 30 team league pass on tv and internet is still available.

I don't know if that works for most users but its perfect for me as I only watch the Hawks anyway.

• Like 1

• Moderators

If you were getting the NBA league pass streaming only ... it has changed to NBA Team Pass as instead of being able to select 5 teams to watch ... you can only select one team.  It is 30 dollars less a year then the 5 team selection was last year.  

THe 30 team league pass on tv and internet is still available.

I don't know if that works for most users but its perfect for me as I only watch the Hawks anyway.

That would be awesome for me if they'd get rid of the damn geographical blackout.   Why are the leagues interested in propping up the cable companies?  It's bs.   I know i can use a proxy or vpn to get around but so far i don't have the confidence that the streaming will be fast enough.

• Like 3

• Moderators

http://www4.ballstreams.com/

You get 12 months for $90.  You can suspend your membership at the beginning of the playoffs until the beginning of the following regular season.  This allows you to get 2 seasons for $90.

You also get access to every game and don't have to worry about any blackouts.

I know it's popular but still makes me nervous.  I wish they took paypal.

• Premium Member

I know it's popular but still makes me nervous.  I wish they took paypal.

Sometimes their streams can be a bit slow.  I have 25 Mbps internet and it still buffers and lags.

I think I did a month of ballstreams and I thought the quality was better than NBA League Pass Broadband. It is certainly not better quality than watching on cable, but I'm debating if I will go with ballstreams this year. I think I'll do the free preview of League Pass Broadband to see if their quality has improved, then decide.

I've done both and I got too damn tired of the blackouts with League Pass.  How are you going to charge more and still keep me from certain games I want to see?

I didn't notice a quality difference or buffer between the two.  Both seemed about the same quality and both lagged about the same amount, although I seemed to get more 'errors' with LP.

At the end of the day Ballstreams is cheaper and has more options (home/away announcers, not restricted to certain teams, can replay games at any point, preseason, playoffs, etc.)  No brainer for me.  Don't see how anyone could support a behind the times and twice the cost operation with League Pass that auto-renewed me without my consent the next season.  Was a b*tch to get a refund too.  Screw them.

• Like 3

basketball is the only reason I still have cable....does using a proxy/vpn drastically drop the quality of the league pass stream?

Depends on your bandwidth as well.  Have you tried streaming over Netflix or something else?  Maybe watch an HD quality video on Youtube and see how it handles it.

• Moderators

I watch league pass on my roku and ipad and never had a problem with quality

Do you have cable or satellite?  I want to get NBA for Roku, but I thought I read you have to have a cable or satellite service already.

That would be awesome for me if they'd get rid of the damn geographical blackout.   Why are the leagues interested in propping up the cable companies?  It's bs.   I know i can use a proxy or vpn to get around but so far i don't have the confidence that the streaming will be fast enough.

The answer: use a VPN.  It makes League Pass think you're in a different state so you can stream the Hawks in the market.

Do you have cable or satellite?  I want to get NBA for Roku, but I thought I read you have to have a cable or satellite service already.

The answer: use a VPN.  It makes League Pass think you're in a different state so you can stream the Hawks in the market.

is there a vpn service you recommend?  I've never used one and I checked some of the sites and they are based in places like Romania and China...not too sure how legit they are

• 1 month later...

Although i got free trial for NBA league Pass till 3rd November but after that we need to buy it. I was searching for the cheapest NBA Pass and finally i got a reasonable solution for that. You guys should check it too. Its a bit tricky but effective for sure

• Go Through PureVPN's NBA blog they have details for NBA League pass pricing from all over the world
  • Connect from their South African Server (According to them South Africa is the region where we can get the cheapest NBA League Pass)
  • Now Buy the International League Pass in a low price and enjoy all games and events without blackouts
  • Like 1