• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk Updating from 4.0 to 4.1

Admin

I've been on Hawksquawk standard since, well, ever and I don't plan on changing that.

Well you will have the option of using the standard Invision theme. That's the best I can do. I don't have the time or energy to support 2 themes with all the updates. I don't think you all know how much time it takes to convert these themes to our own branding.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well you will have the option of using the standard Invision theme. That's the best I can do. I don't have the time or energy to support 2 themes with all the updates. I don't think you all know how much time it takes to convert these themes to our own branding.

I don't know how long it takes but I appreciate you doing all the things you do for this place.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Thank you for a normal skin. I know some people find it funny but after almost dying I'd rather not see the colors that literally match the raw stomach bile coming out of me. It instantly reminds me of that every time I see and it makes me feel nauseous.

• Like 1

I don't know if you want us to provide any comments about what we're finding or not.  TRULY appreciate all you do, so just trying to be helpful.

I can't see the Twitter feed on the right-hand column that I used to - unless I open a topic - then it appears. 

I am so used to using the "source" format when replying to posts. For whatever reason, I don't like the point and click interface of typing a response. I liked being able to put [ url = www.whatever.com ] a website [ / url ] in like I just did there instead of pointing and clicking. Same thing for quotes, sarcasm, bold, italics, tweets, etc.

I think it might be because of my extreme dislike for Microsoft Word? Or something like that.

That might still be an option, I'm just not sure how to do that as of yet. The entire front and back end of this system is brand new and there's not much documentation so it's a learning process. I don't care for having to press the buttons either but this will suffice until I can figure out if it's possible. 

I see the Twitter feed when I open a Forum subset (like HomeCourt) or when I open a post (like this one).  But I don't see the Twitter feed when I am on the main Forums page like I used to.  No biggie. 

I see the Twitter feed when I open a Forum subset (like HomeCourt) or when I open a post (like this one).  But I don't see the Twitter feed when I am on the main Forums page like I used to.  No biggie. 

Yep that's the way it should be. People don't spend much time on the forums index so there's not much point in adding it there which would make the page load a little bit slower. 

Also keep in mind that only Hawksquawk Supporters can see the Twitter feed.