• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk Updating from 4.0 to 4.1

Admin

It will be some time to get used to, so I far I don't have much fuss about it,   Dolfan, you're better than some guys at the arena, I think I still see the hawk clutching the ball logo in some places when I saw the media day coverage. lol

• Like 1

I am on my phone and it isn't loading very well as compared to the previous version. 

Keep in mind that there's a TON of background processes going on. The site is going to operate slower than usual, especially on phones, for a few days. Every single one of our old posts / topics has to get converted in the database and that is going to take a while. Just bear with me through it though as this is the biggest upgrade Hawksquawk has gone through since 2007 when we converted to the Invision forums.

• Like 2

The look and functionality of this site is outstanding.  Even on my phone, the site works great.

Damn, I even copied and saved the 1st part of the post, and went to chat, because I wanted to see how the chat works in mobile.

I come back to this topic, expecting to have to paste what I had written before, and the text was still there ( ala what you'd see on Twitter if you write something, but don't send the tweet ).  

This is big time for me, because I don't know how many posts I've accidently lost because I've inadvertently hit the back button on my phone trying to type too fast.

Outstanding work man.

• Like 2

The look and functionality of this site is outstanding.  Even on my phone, the site works great.

Damn, I even copied and saved the 1st part of the post, and went to chat, because I wanted to see how the chat works in mobile.

I come back to this topic, expecting to have to paste what I had written before, and the text was still there ( ala what you'd see on Twitter if you write something, but don't send the tweet ).  

This is big time for me, because I don't know how many posts I've accidently lost because I've inadvertently hit the back button on my phone trying to type too fast.

Outstanding work man.

That bit about the text still being there just happened to me. I started to respond in the Thabo thread yesterday and forgot about it, was still there just now.  Love it.

It'll take some getting used to for me, I didn't see anything wrong with the old version.  Always appreciate the hard work of the admins though.  I'm sure the kinks will work out and it'll be great.  I definitely like the easy multiple quote function, as I was too stupid and/or lazy to figure out how to do it on the previous version.  I really don't dig the thread going back to the beginning instead of last post if you previously viewed it.

How about the RSS feed? I've been using that for years to feed to a dashboard site (netvibes) that lets me monitor most of my teams' forums. Is it here, and I just haven't found it yet?

That's a good question. I'm sure it is I will just have to find it. 

Agreed, @Dolfan23 can this be fixed so we can view the first unread post?

It's the same as before.  Click the last read marker to the left of the link on the forum index. If you posted in the thread there's a star, if not then it's a circle. If you don't see either of those then there hasn't been a new post made in the thread and it should take you to the last post if you've read it.

*Again the posts and content are still rebuilding so it's figuring out what everyone has and hasn't read and that will take some time. 

It'll take some getting used to for me, I didn't see anything wrong with the old version.  Always appreciate the hard work of the admins though.  I'm sure the kinks will work out and it'll be great.  I definitely like the easy multiple quote function, as I was too stupid and/or lazy to figure out how to do it on the previous version.  I really don't dig the thread going back to the beginning instead of last post if you previously viewed it.

It's not that there was anything "wrong" with the old version but the forum software went from 3.x series to 4.x series. It's by far their biggest upgrade and they've been building it since the beginning of 2014. Sure we could have stayed behind with the 3.x series but this new version has or will have a lot more features, more stability, more secure from being hacked, and most importantly it will still be supported with new features going forward. 

• Like 2

Just an FYI, but with the responsive design ... unlike on my desktop ... the triangle background is pushed way down on my ipad.  

Thanks Cap I will have to check that out on my iPad when I get home. Responsive design is very tricky and not quite as polished as it needs to be.