• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk Updating from 4.0 to 4.1

Admin

I didn't realize it worked that way but here is what i see.   If you click on the title link in a forum it will take you to the first unread post.   If you click on it in New Content it takes you to the original post for that thread.  

Ahh that may be the disconnect. I rarely use new content and haven't changed the code there. Nice job!

• Like 1

Recently I've been getting notified anytime @Spud2Nique makes a post. I don't know how that happened @Dolfan23.

Check your notification settings. There's a new feature where you'll be notified whenever someone you are "following" (formerly known as friends) posts something. 

http://hawksquawk.net/community/notifications/options/

Someone I am following makes a post

• Premium Member

Just curious... will we eventually see some players showing up somewhere within the theme like we did with the previous one? I liked that, fwiw, so I'm hopeful, but don't want to prompt significant additional work. And/but if so... wondering if there might be some of the most legendary Hawks incorporated into the scheme... Pettit, Nique, etc... ?

Just curious... will we eventually see some players showing up somewhere within the theme like we did with the previous one? I liked that, fwiw, so I'm hopeful, but don't want to prompt significant additional work. And/but if so... wondering if there might be some of the most legendary Hawks incorporated into the scheme... Pettit, Nique, etc... ?

Yeah I could see that happening. Right now I want to get the theme and layout of the site flushed out and I'm still not completely happy with it. Once I have that in place and the bugs behind the scenes are worked out then I will be making some changes like adding player photos. That sort of thing takes time as it means cutting the players out from their background in Photoshop and that can be very time consuming.

• Like 1

@Dolfan23. The date under the 'New Content' is behind a day. Currently says October 18th.

Hmm I'm not sure where you're seeing that. Can you add a screenshot? I see the date the topic was created and the last time the topic was posted in and they're both accurate. I don't use new content section that much so I might be missing something obvious.

Hawksquawk_New_Content_Screenshot.thumb.

@AUhawksfan and others there's a "test" forum where you can test out anything you want and it's set up to where only you can see your topics and you can't see anyone else's... with the exception being mods being able to see them. 

http://hawksquawk.net/community/forum/9-test-forum/

Ah, very cool.  Good to know!

• Like 1

Apparently, if you post more than one youtube video in a thread then only one will show up? The other shows up as a url. Here's what I am referencing:

F- this new system of typing up posts. The formatting is all jacked up, it has been refreshing on me as I type up posts on mobile which causes typos and mashed up words. Bring back BBCode!!!

I thought my phone broke with the mumbojumbo words 

Hmm I'm not sure where you're seeing that. Can you add a screenshot? I see the date the topic was created and the last time the topic was posted in and they're both accurate. I don't use new content section that much so I might be missing something obvious.

Hawksquawk_New_Content_Screenshot.thumb.

@Dolfan23

New Content.JPG

It's not saying that today is the 20th. It's saying that it's listing content from the 20th (or day before) through today. Change your time period filter on the left menu to weekly view and it will say Oct 14 - today. Best thing to do would be to set it to "all results" and it should stick to that as your default. 

Apparently, if you post more than one youtube video in a thread then only one will show up? The other shows up as a url. Here's what I am referencing:

F- this new system of typing up posts. The formatting is all jacked up, it has been refreshing on me as I type up posts on mobile which causes typos and mashed up words. Bring back BBCode!!!

Did you hit return after pasting the 2nd URL? I just tried it with your videos and it worked fine for me. I didn't try it on mobile but it should work the same. 

I did hit return on the post and it was from my laptop not mobile. The second YouTube came as a URL, so then I put a reply in that thread with the video to get it there.

I'm frustrated with tthis new editor, it's horrible for me. The new software has a lot of cool new features but typing up posts is one of the few misses from ipboard. I'd rather not have tweets, videos, images, or URLs automated in typing up a post as it seems to cause me more problems than its intended convenience. I don't know how others feel about it though, I might just be the black sheep.

I'm guessing it's just a bug. There are times when the reply editor doesn't open after you hit quote. Sometimes the URL doesn't get converted properly. I'm not 100% crazy about the fact that there's no BBCode but just to have the ability to copy and paste an article into Hawksquawk from some other site and have the formatting look spot on is worth it to me. Unfortunately for you getting used to the new style will have to be something you adopt as that's the way of the future. Most bulletin board sites run CKEditor now and they're the ones who removed the BBCode functionality and I highly doubt they'd go backwards and add it back. Invision need to do a better job with parsing links pasted in the editor and I think that's something that is coming with the 4.1 (first major bug fix release) that's supposed to be released by the end of the month. 

You're pretty good at researching stuff so maybe you can find some solutions for not having BBCode that we can implement here that would make life easier on you? 

Alright @JayBirdHawk and others you should see the chat link in the top bar on mobile along with an updating # of users chatting as well as in the menu when you press the top right button on the mobile skin. I've also updated the main desktop version to show the current number of people in the chat room. When there are 1 or more in the chat room the bubble is green and shows the # and when the chat room is empty the bubble is red. Should make it pretty easy to see when people are chatting.