• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk Updating from 4.0 to 4.1

Admin

Oh @Dolfan23 - the chat surprise sounds more like a rooster that a Hawk but it had the desired effect - scared the crap out of a couple Squawkers like @Spursfanpeacemaker, he screamed like @kg01 (a girl).

If anyone finds a sound that they like for a Hawk sound (has to be :01 seconds long) let me know. Trust me it's tough to find and this was as close as I could find with my search. I'm glad that it scared a few peeps though :)

@JayBirdHawk is mean.  That is all.

Seriously though, I just wanted to confirm the @mentions worked.  I'd been having trouble with them.  There's probably a few mod insults that got missed the past few weeks.

Also wanted to send major kudos to @Dolfan23.  Getting this done cannot be easy with all you have on your plate.  Lastly, y'all gonna re-hire Butch or what?

I don't pretend to know much about BBCode and html, so I'll take @Dolfan23 word on this issue being a security concern and whatnot. I'm at the broken record stage right now of saying that the editor is awful and it's because of the Word/Windows-like features of guessing at what I'm saying.

If there is a short html tutorial for doing simple coding on here then I'd move towards that. Of course, if that happens then there needs to be some way to automatically go into the editor under that format instead of what is currently shown. I know I'm going to get frustrated with the current editor which would likely make it so I don't post as frequently (this could be a good or a bad thing for the board and myself, not sure which is which at the moment...)

That would of course be a bad thing. I am looking into finding a way to make 'Source' a default view or to at least have it remember which view you used last. 

As far as simple tutorials go, you might find some of this interesting:

Has HTML equivalents to the most common BBCode - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

BBCode to HTML converter (and vice versa) - http://www.odditysoftware.com/page-webtools15.htm

This one looks like something you'd quite like @hawksfanatic - http://ecardmax.com/hoteditor/

And for the best resource on learning HTML go here. This site breaks down everything you'd want to do into simple categories and shows you how to do what you want plus has demo's for everything where you can adjust the HTML and see the results immediately -http://www.w3schools.com/html/

@Dolfan23 Notification on mobile doesn't seem to be working now, I see I have 2 notifications but I can't access them.  Also videos, tables etc screw up on mobile.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unlocked this topic

I am upgrading the site to 4.1 (woohoo it's finally out) which means lots of bug fixes. Unfortunately the templates for the look and feel have changed quite a bit, which means it will take a few hours (possibly) to get the theme(s) for Hawksquawk updated to the new templates. In the meantime the default and highly boring theme should work just fine.

• Admin changed the title to Hawksquawk Updating from 4.0 to 4.1

Okay I've got the new 4.1 system online with our theme. Of course the day that I finally am happy with how everything looks and behaves they go and change the game on me. But this should at least get us online with our system for the opening game. Sorry it's taken so long... just be thankful that you don't have to use the default Invision skin as it's uuuuggly as @JayBirdHawk can attest.

BTW no need to hit tab now when you're @ mentioning someone as it will auto pop up. 

The new notifications system is freaking awesome. If you see the pop up, make sure that you hit "Allow".  When you have a notification for the site you'll actually get a little notification card that appears on your system telling you that you have a new notification and what it is. Don't worry it will disappear after a few seconds and it doesn't slow the system down at all. 

BTW I am aware that the buttons on our toolbar seem to be off by 1 starting with the gear icon that's actually the link button. 

Just now, hawksfanatic said:

Giving me extra permissions? Here I'm thinking something was my fault but oohhh no no no, this is 100% your fault. What the hell are you doing giving me extra different permissions? That's all on you, you should know better than to give me permissions.

Well I was thinking you might be able to contribute something to the site in the way of rambling on about something regarding money's and statisticals. Crazy me!