• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

HawkItus

• Moderators

Went with the wife and kids yesterday and we all enjoyed it.  I view it as a version 2 of the original star wars.  Lots of parallels between the two.  Both my wife and I reacted that this had a ton more vitality than the prequels and felt like what the prequels should have been.  

It was JJ Abrams movie fare - always enjoyable, never groundbreaking.  It makes a good foundation for the upcoming movies.  

I left feeling like I was looking forward to the next one and that I would enjoy watching this one again.

Shockingly, I agree totally with @AHF.  Also went with wife/kids and, identically, we all left satisfied and looking forward to the next movie.  Wait, is AHF my split personality?

Funny, Creed and this Star Wars movie basically did the same thing.  Re-told the original story to a degree but did so effectively.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Shockingly, I agree totally with @AHF.  Also went with wife/kids and, identically, we all left satisfied and looking forward to the next movie.  Wait, is AHF my split personality?

Funny, Creed and this Star Wars movie basically did the same thing.  Re-told the original story to a degree but did so effectively.

@kg01...whoooo haaaaaaa.....No.  I am your father.  Search your feelings.  You know it to be true.

This is the shirt I wore to the movie to make it a themed group with the kid's t-shirts:

darth-vader-1-dad-t-shirt-l.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed it, so much so I saw it twice. First was on the Thursday night special release with my 11 year old. The second time was last week with my older daughter who is in the states for the holidays.

• Like 2