• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think the Hawks can win the NBA championship this season?

NBASupes

Do you think the Hawks can win the NBA championship this season?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

Yes. This is the most consistent they've been all year, plus they are playing their best ball at the right time. I do recall many on this board saying the slow start is fine as long as they get hot during the end of the season and close to the playoffs. Let's keep up the good play. FIGHT HAWKS FIGHT!

• Like 2

As a Hawks fan, I'm never going to say no. I think if you go into the playoffs playing well and have a good game plan and chemistry and remain injury free, you got a chance. I like the fact that we are:

A. In the east. I don't think there are many teams that have as great a chance of coming out as we do. I would say only the Cavs. I honestly don't think the Raptors have what it takes.

B. We have a group that's been together for 3 years and that includes taking the Pacers to 7 games 2years ago and making it to the eastern finals last year. We have a group that learns from their mistakes.

C. If we can somehow get to the finals, we would most likely be facing a team from the west that has to be dead tired from playing better competition in their conference.

Having said all that, it's gonna be a long shot. I still voted yes though. :-)

No, they're still that "ONE" player away from a chip. But they are deep and peaking at just the right time to be back in the ECFs, and possibly even make the Finals. But no championship...

Climbing to 3rd, or fading to 6th, would greatly increase Hawks' chances though. Avoiding the Cavs until the ECFs...

• Like 1

• Moderators

It would be nice if the Cavs faced the Raptors in the second round which would mean we have to get to 2nd but that's  unlikely.   I agree that ECF is possible.   Even beating the Cavs is possible but probably unlikely.   Beating the Warriors or Spurs in a 7 game series ain't happening this year.   

I'm sure many of you will think I'm nuts, but I think, much to my own surprise, that Humphries might be the "missing link."  We needed some toughness and rebounding, and someone to do "the little things" and he brings it.  Furthermore, it does seem that we may be starting to put it together now, and hopefully won't peak too soon again.  We may not win it all, but I think our odds are greatly improved based on what I've seen the last couple of weeks.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Let's talk about Basketball.  Basketball is about matchups.   There are a few bad matchups for us and a few matchups that we would win.   For instance, I like us vs. Lebron.  I don't know how I feel about us vs. Toronto.   Kris Humphries has changed our outlook a lot.  Not that he's some wizard or anything like that, but he gives us more balance.

Balance is a precious thing.  When I look at the Warriors, I see great balance and not necessarily dominance.  We almost beat them at home.  Orlando had a chance.  OKC should have beaten them in OKC.  However, they have great balance.   That being said, I don't think that the Spurs can lose to anybody.   The Spurs are quietly murduring teams in the shawdow of what GS is doing.   So here's my thing.

We can win if we get the correct matchups.   But we have to

1.  Adhere to the system.

2.  Make good substitutions.

3.  Not be doubtful.

• Like 1

If the team that played the Clippers from mid 2nd quarter shows up, anything is possible.

I like how we have been playing over the last stretch of games. Will they sustain it? I sure hope so. 

Playing well going into the playoffs is important. 

• Premium Member

The Hawks are playing good basketball right now.  They may play even better when Humphries figures things out a little more.  But, they don't have all of the components of a championship team.  So, no they're not winning the title.

• Like 1

I been said that Kevin Love being healthy doesn't matter much unless he's averaging 30+ PPG in a playoff series. As he'll give back what he gives Cleveland.

Having said that, the west will in all likelihood win another finals.

Nah.  The chemistry and defense is championship-level but all true contending teams have so much more wing talent, even Toronto.  

Jeff is too shaky, we don't draw enough fouls, three point shooting fell off too far, and while Humphries helps we're still a poor rebounding team.  

Our slim chances depend on how much Bud has up his sleeve, the lessons he learned from going deep last year, and an explosive 38 and 18 playoff average from ALSAP.  I would hope they lay off the three pointers in lieu of shorter jumpers, drives, and post mismatches to do so.  They're gonna get a 4-5 minute increase along with Thabo most likely.  No playing with caution to prevent injury business.  Balls to the Wall.

• Like 1

Not a chance. Making it through Toronto (who has had our number) and Cleveland would take a small miracle, but no divine intervention would save us in a series against Golden State or San Antonio. Could probably put OKC with them, too. Durant would feast.