• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think the Hawks can win the NBA championship this season?

NBASupes

Do you think the Hawks can win the NBA championship this season?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

It would take an injury to a critical piece on GSW, paired with a previously underestimated assessment of Hump's arrival on the roster and a general second wind of a capable but until-now inconsistent core--starting with Teague. I think the stats back me up on this, but maybe not... to me, we seem to lose sometimes in spite of Horf or Sap having a good game... but we almost never lose when Teague shines.

So, in sum... under perfect conditions? Yeah.

Anyone got Tonya Harding's number round here?

Lol I'm shocked some think we can beat Cleveland in 7 game series! I don't care how disappointing the cavs are this season, of Lebron  is healthy he's going to beat up on the east like he has the last 5 or 6 years straight. Lebron will be in ECF waiting on the challenger and more than likely he's going to go right through them as well.

We kicked the cavs ass through the season last year and people still don't realize lebron don't get serious until the playoffs hit. Smh. I'm not even a lebron fan but I knew what he meant when he said "that the cavs are not ready for the playoffs"...he wasn't talking about the east he was talking about whoever they are going to end up playing in NBA championship.

Chances that the Hawks get to the ECF again depends on if we run into lebron or not let just be real about it. We have a 5% chance at beating lebron and his cavs and a 0.5% chance at beating the Warriors and Spurs.

But shit if you ask me I'm not worried about the Warriors or Spurs. Hawks and the rest of the east have to prove that they can actually GET PAST LEBRON first. Damn even I don't like lebron but 5 or 6 straight NBA final runs you would think our fans know damn well what we need to do to get to the next step and that's beating lebron....wake up! Some are talking about the Warriors and Spurs and if we can compete against them on the BIG stage but lebron is sitting over here destroying the east for 5 or 6 straight years and no team has risen to even take him to 7 games in the ECF.  Teams in the east should be lining up and focused on beating lebron ....he's the challenge and the individual in every east teams way of playing on the big stage of the NBA finals. Trust me I can't stand lebron but His NBA finals streak is pretty damn impressive and the east does not have an answer!

22 hours ago, Diesel said:

Let's talk about Basketball.  Basketball is about matchups.   There are a few bad matchups for us and a few matchups that we would win.   For instance, I like us vs. Lebron.  I don't know how I feel about us vs. Toronto.   Kris Humphries has changed our outlook a lot.  Not that he's some wizard or anything like that, but he gives us more balance.

Balance is a precious thing.  When I look at the Warriors, I see great balance and not necessarily dominance.  We almost beat them at home.  Orlando had a chance.  OKC should have beaten them in OKC.  However, they have great balance.   That being said, I don't think that the Spurs can lose to anybody.   The Spurs are quietly murduring teams in the shawdow of what GS is doing.   So here's my thing.

We can win if we get the correct matchups.   But we have to

1.  Adhere to the system.

2.  Make good substitutions.

3.  Not be doubtful.

The part in bold I just can't understand how you seriously feel that way....I get you have faith but be realistic. You know damn well lebron is a different player in the playoffs. I mean I don't put too much into lebron over the regular season anymore, he's not going after MVPs anymore he's only trying to rest up for the playoffs these days so right now his body isn't being put on the line but let's get one thing straight ....I mention that lebron plays different in the playoffs and he does ....that's the issue with trying to stop him.

over the regular season last year DMC did a great job at stopping lebron because lebron never tried to post him up. If lebron decides to jump shoot everyone has a chance. But as  Soon as the playoffs hit lebron went power forward on DMC ass, torching DMC and this whole Hawks team except for Sap surprisingly but he can do the same to Thabo though Thabo may be a little stronger it won't be enough to actually keep lebron from literally being around/underneath  the goal.

I just don't see how we will stop Lebron in the playoffs...if we go one on one he will eventually score at will every time against any matchup we put on him...so a double team will eventually come and this is how he starts to get his team involved from passing out of the post.

Unless lebron can be bodied up from getting so deep in the post no team in the east is going to beat this man and his cavs. We need a defender that has a strong lower body like draymond green or Leonard or Diaw type that can also move their feet well. Sap is the closest thing we have to that but he's not elite on the perimeter.

sorry just my 2cents.

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, JTB said:

Lol I'm shocked some think we can beat Cleveland in 7 game series! I don't care how disappointing the cavs are this season, of Lebron  is healthy he's going to beat up on the east like he has the last 5 or 6 years straight. Lebron will be in ECF waiting on the challenger and more than likely he's going to go right through them as well.

We kicked the cavs ass through the season last year and people still don't realize lebron don't get serious until the playoffs hit. Smh. I'm not even a lebron fan but I knew what he meant when he said "that the cavs are not ready for the playoffs"...he wasn't talking about the east he was talking about whoever they are going to end up playing in NBA championship.

Chances that the Hawks get to the ECF again depends on if we run into lebron or not let just be real about it. We have a 5% chance at beating lebron and his cavs and a 0.5% chance at beating the Warriors and Spurs.

But shit if you ask me I'm not worried about the Warriors or Spurs. Hawks and the rest of the east have to prove that they can actually GET PAST LEBRON first. Damn even I don't like lebron but 5 or 6 straight NBA final runs you would think our fans know damn well what we need to do to get to the next step and that's beating lebron....wake up! Some are talking about the Warriors and Spurs and if we can compete against them on the BIG stage but lebron is sitting over here destroying the east for 5 or 6 straight years and no team has risen to even take him to 7 games in the ECF.  Teams in the east should be lining up and focused on beating lebron ....he's the challenge and the individual in every east teams way of playing on the big stage of the NBA finals. Trust me I can't stand lebron but His NBA finals streak is pretty damn impressive and the east does not have an answer!

I think as you look over the whole of Basketball, Lebron is a dominant player but his team is not a dominant team.   It's like Shaq Kobe loosing to the Pistons.   When there is internal strife, it's hard for even good teams to win.   It's set up for Lebron to lose this year.   He's no longer considered the best player in the league.  His team is not considered to be the team that everybody wants to see matchuped with the Warriors or Spurs.   If it's not us, it will be Toronto, but somebody is going to knock them off.

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, JTB said:

The part in bold I just can't understand how you seriously feel that way....I get you have faith but be realistic. You know damn well lebron is a different player in the playoffs. I mean I don't put too much into lebron over the regular season anymore, he's not going after MVPs anymore he's only trying to rest up for the playoffs these days so right now his body isn't being put on the line but let's get one thing straight ....I mention that lebron plays different in the playoffs and he does ....that's the issue with trying to stop him.

over the regular season last year DMC did a great job at stopping lebron because lebron never tried to post him up. If lebron decides to jump shoot everyone has a chance. But as  Soon as the playoffs hit lebron went power forward on DMC ass, torching DMC and this whole Hawks team except for Sap surprisingly but he can do the same to Thabo though Thabo may be a little stronger it won't be enough to actually keep lebron from literally being around/underneath  the goal.

I just don't see how we will stop Lebron in the playoffs...if we go one on one he will eventually score at will every time against any matchup we put on him...so a double team will eventually come and this is how he starts to get his team involved from passing out of the post.

Unless lebron can be bodied up from getting so deep in the post no team in the east is going to beat this man and his cavs. We need a defender that has a strong lower body like draymond green or Leonard or Diaw type that can also move their feet well. Sap is the closest thing we have to that but he's not elite on the perimeter.

sorry just my 2cents.

Did you watch last seasons playoffs?  DMC was injured and if you watched his injury, there was no way you would think that he could play.  He was out there on one league trying to guard the most physical player in the game.   What did you think would happen.  Nevermind that dirty Dellabadova clipped Korver and got him out, Teague's ankles were not right and Sap had a torn Labrum but still playing.

Our disadvantage was playing a Cavs team injured and they didn't have Love or Irving.  I'm telling you, the fact  that their softer high priced stars were replaced with blue collar guys really helped them.    Neither Love or Irving fits with how Lebron plays.   That's why I don't have fear in a matchup of us vs. them.  Last year, replacing those dudes with Dellabadova and Thompson was an Ace for them.  Neither of those guys require the ball and both will do the dirty work.   Moreover, the forgotten Man Mozgov manned the boards.   We can beat them if healthy.

Been saying it for months now,  but a first round exit is very possible.  As it stands today they would be the 3/6 series against Boston.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 0:16 PM, skimaskway23 said:

Nobody is beating the Warriors. Let's get that out the way. 

Nobody in the east scares me. Cavs being healthy works in our favor as kevin love is food for Millsap. Toronto and Boston are cute stories but nobody taking them serious.

Commentators said the same thing about the Hawks last season.

2 hours ago, hawkzlova123 said:

I think we can because we have seen more surprising things. There have been countless more surprising things happened before. So yes hawks can win it all why not it's about getting hot. Mavs 2011 

That Mavs team had much better players and had Dirk in his prime.  He was a true scoring threat and actually knew what clutch was.  This team isn't advancing past round 1.  

54 minutes ago, Alex said:

That Mavs team had much better players and had Dirk in his prime.  He was a true scoring threat and actually knew what clutch was.  This team isn't advancing past round 1.  

Other than dirk There is not one player on that team that is better than any of these hawks players

2 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

Other than dirk There is not one player on that team that is better than any of these hawks players

I think the big issue is we lack a Dirk. In all seriousness, this is one of the best defensive teams we seen in the NBA in a while. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

Dirk is a future Hall of Famer and was an All-NBA player at that time.  I don't see any future Hall of Famers on this Hawks team and you need players like that to win titles.

• Like 2

On March 9, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Diesel said:

Did you watch last seasons playoffs?  DMC was injured and if you watched his injury, there was no way you would think that he could play.  He was out there on one league trying to guard the most physical player in the game.   What did you think would happen.  Nevermind that dirty Dellabadova clipped Korver and got him out, Teague's ankles were not right and Sap had a torn Labrum but still playing.

Our disadvantage was playing a Cavs team injured and they didn't have Love or Irving.  I'm telling you, the fact  that their softer high priced stars were replaced with blue collar guys really helped them.    Neither Love or Irving fits with how Lebron plays.   That's why I don't have fear in a matchup of us vs. them.  Last year, replacing those dudes with Dellabadova and Thompson was an Ace for them.  Neither of those guys require the ball and both will do the dirty work.   Moreover, the forgotten Man Mozgov manned the boards.   We can beat them if healthy.

We can beat them healthy or not. We cant beat lebron, lebron has to beat himself. Face it lebron even managed to pull off 2 wins against a team he should have been swept against in the finals last year. Until lebron is approaching a time where he is losing his athletism no one in the east is beating this dude...unless the east get some more stars.

42 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think the big issue is we lack a Dirk. In all seriousness, this is one of the best defensive teams we seen in the NBA in a while. 

This! And do people not remember how dominating in the playoffs Dirk was that year! He's not a hall of famer for no reason.

32 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Dirk is a future Hall of Famer and was an All-NBA player at that time.  I don't see any future Hall of Famers on this Hawks team and you need players like that to win titles.

Somebody gets it! Thank Goodness.

Its silly there are people in this forum that believes we can beat the cavs to get to championship. First off we are not just dealing with lebron but the refs as well. Im sure any threat to lebron and he will make it to the line more often in that series if he's actually threaten to be put out before the NBA Finals. Im not trying to imply the refs are cheaters I'm just implying that the hawks aren't going to get the same fair calls...and the main reason is because our guys names carry no weight in this league. Sap get hit a lot but he's barely taking a ton of free throws. The refs don't respect us and we don't make enough shots to overcome the refs....This team is not going to the finals...please don't fool yourselves thinking some miracle is going to happen.

If Lebron breaks his leg however the whole east has a shot at the finals....LOL

• Like 2