• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think the Hawks can win the NBA championship this season?

NBASupes

Do you think the Hawks can win the NBA championship this season?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Don't run all the women off this site kg.    We can't handle that kind of hit to the site's collective IQ.

Ah, we're fine.  We still got @AHF, @Dolfan23 , @Spud2Nique and plenty of others (hehe).

Aaaand macd gets the assist on the alley-oop

43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Funny how they dribble out 21 seconds of the clock, throw it to a guy and expect them to always knock down the last second shot.  SMDH

Also funny how their offense has literally changed 0% since Donovan took over.

Lastly, so no comment on Elise? 

Welcome to Roberson's world lol...and yes Elise be fine.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Y'all keep saying the C word in here... Jinxing us right out of a championship run... Doh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we're going back to superstitions,  where are the corndogs!!

• Moderators
On 3/17/2016 at 0:08 PM, kg01 said:

OKC made him their scapegoat for losing in the playoffs that year.  Thabo's done!  Blah, blah, blah.  He went through a shooting slump for sure but clearly he's far from done.

Actually, Presti gets a lot of credit for being a good GM but I'm starting to think he just peaked early.  Drafted KD, Westbrook, Harden in consecutive drafts (IIRC) but since then it's been a mosh of awful decisions.  Choosing Ibaka over Harden, trading Harden (poor, poor return package), thinking Martin could replace Harden, thinking Lamb could replace Harden, drafting Perry Jones, trading for Kanter and thereby having to re-sign him to a max, thinking Roberson could replace Thabo ... should I go on?

Speaking of being built well for their age, do yourself a favor and google Elise Neal.  Mmmmhmmm.  You're welcome.

You do remember correctly but included in that three year run was a second 1st rounder that was used on Ibaka in the Westbrook draft.  He nailed the #$## out of the draft during that stretch.

On 3/17/2016 at 1:50 PM, kg01 said:

Funny how they dribble out 21 seconds of the clock, throw it to a guy and expect them to always knock down the last second shot.  SMDH

Also funny how their offense has literally changed 0% since Donovan took over.

Lastly, so no comment on Elise? 

Donovan is not an Xs and Os coach which is why I thought this hire was insane.  His best attribute as a coach prior to this season was his recruiting ability.  That means jack #$# in the NBA.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

So 65%  says the Hawks can't win a title this season.  It's clear that many here are still shook from that dreadful Cavs series.   

5 hours ago, NineOhTheRino said:

So 65%  says the Hawks can't win a title this season.  It's clear that many here are still shook from that dreadful Cavs series.   

For me, It's just the realization that we're STILL that 1 Alpha player away. KD comes here by some miracle, that poll instantly switches to 99% "Yes." I won't hold my breath on that one. But 2 ECFs in a row and I betcha he'd at least take a look...

I would love to say yes.  I think the ECF is realistic maybe even the finals.  However I'm not sure we can match the Warriors shot for shot over 7 games and the Spurs will lock us down they have just owned us.  I also think the refs would do all they can to get LeBron in the finals of we see them in the ECF.  If someone knocks them off though I think we get a fair call in the ECF.   Our D is championship caliber but the streaky shooting will have to be on and stay on for any chance at a title

If the  NBA powers stay out of the way and dont FIX ( insure LEBRON) gets into the NBA finals, the Hawks have a chance to meet Golden State in the NBA finals. I would be happy with that because it would give the Hawks something to market in free agent negotiations. It would show they CAN compete at a high level.

If Hawks make 2 ECFs in a row, then continue down the same path that got them there, FAs will finally start giving ATL a look. Not the "me! me! me!" ones we shouldn't really want anyway (I'm talking to you LaBrawna, Caramello, The Beard, etc). But the CP3's, KDs, Davises, so forth. Win and they will come.....

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm rooting for the Hawks to do well, but these other teams like GSW, Spurs and Cavs have one or more great players.  The Hawks don't have any great players.  It really does come down to that.  It always has.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hazer said:

If Hawks make 2 ECFs in a row, then continue down the same path that got them there, FAs will finally start giving ATL a look. Not the "me! me! me!" ones (I'm talking to you LaBrawna, Caramello, The Beard, etc). But the CP3's, KDs, Davises, so forth. Win and they will come.....

Thats what i was thinking. Man, if the Hawks had Anthony Davis,  they would DEMOLISH the East, especially if they could keep Sap to pull it off financially. I would take back every bad thing i ever had to say about the Hawks if they could sign Anthony Davis.  Get rid of Baze, Splitter, Teague or Dennis contracts. We know they gonna resign Al, so the rest of the money has to go to Davis.............I know it aint happening, but this is how it could look. Dump all contracts, decide between the cheaper of Teague and Dennis at that point. Whats wild about this is the Fact that Davis CAN play all 3 front court positions. Dude started out as a point guard.  The Hawks would have that REAL versatile monster championship front court that they want. They would absolutely DEMOLISH the league:

Imagine if they could KEEP Sap:

pg Teague/Dennis

sg Hardaway

sf Sap/ Thabo

pf Davis

C Horford/ Humphries

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Thats what i was thinking. Man, if the Hawks had Anthony Davis,  they would DEMOLISH the East, especially if they could keep Sap to pull it off financially. I would take back every bad thing i ever had to say about the Hawks if they could sign Anthony Davis.  Get rid of Baze, Splitter, Teague or Dennis contracts. We know they gonna resign Al, so the rest of the money has to go to Davis.............I know it aint happening, but this is how it could look. Dump all contracts, decide between the cheaper of Teague and Dennis at that point. Whats wild about this is the Fact that Davis CAN play all 3 front court positions. Dude started out as a point guard.  The Hawks would have that REAL versatile monster championship front court that they want. They would absolutely DEMOLISH the league:

Imagine if they could KEEP Sap:

pg Teague/Dennis

sg Hardaway

sf Sap/ Thabo

pf Davis

C Horford/ Humphries

I don't think Davis is a free agent anytime soon.  And if New Orleans ever considered trading him, they should be banished from the league for stupidity.  That said, I'd trade anyone on this team to get him on the Hawks.  Anyone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

I don't think Davis is a free agent anytime soon.  And if New Orleans ever considered trading him, they should be banished from the league for stupidity.  That said, I'd trade anyone on this team to get him on the Hawks.  Anyone.

Man, if  you sign Davis, you MUST be in a position to win a championship. Dude aint unrestricted until 2021.  I cant get NBA trade machine to work his deal. His contract number dont look right. They got him around 7 million a year, but i couldve sworn his new contract is over $20 million this season.

Defense at THE POINT. Dude, at the POINT! He can bring the ball up. Block shots, rebound, shoot the mid range, slash. If he wasnt in New Orleans, people would know this dude is the best player in the league:

Anthony_Davis_great_defensive_play_again

DavisScola.gif

Davis-quick-J.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor