• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Prince is Dead

• Moderators

Two Atlanta-based factoids:

His final concert performance was right here in Atlanta's famous Fox Theatre last Thursday.

He passed away at his "Paisley Park" studio in Chanassen, Minnesota, where he owned many properties and where his jazz-playing father became a professional musician (stage name "Prince Rogers"). The Hawks' Kris Humphries owns a home in Chanhassen.

~lw3

• Like 1

I'm nauseous. Huge lifelong fan and never got to see him live in concert. Intended to see him last week at the Fox here in ATL, schedule conflict. I won my wife's affection (over a competing friend of mine's) by belting Prince's "Most Beautiful Girl in the World" at the top of my lungs, falsetto style, over a loud bar crowd in '94. She smiled ear-to-ear, his eyes bugged as he said "you win, I can't possibly top that" and walked off. Sad sad sad day..... 

• Like 2

This one hurts very deeply for me.   Still upset and heart broken.   Wrote him a letter at age 10, had my dad take me by his house when i was older (when i visited my dad in Minnesota) and listen to all his albums so many times.   His music got me through tough times and gave me some of the best memories.   Never had a chance to see him and now never will.   I thought he would be around as long as me.  I've been wearing purple all weekend.   I just want to hear him belt out the he's and who's at the end of purple rain one more time.   I get choked up thinking about.   Watch the end of purple rain one more time for him and if you don't get emotional from it.   You don't have a heart or a soul.   I miss you,  heaven just got a once in a lifetime talent. 

• Like 1

Sorry for the delayed reaction but maaan this is awful.  Still hurts even so many days later.  Hate it even more hearing this was so avoidable.  Was pissed reading the supposed 911 transcript with the idiots not even knowing the address to tell the operator to send the ambulance.

What an awful weekend.

I'll leave you with a happy story.  The only time I saw Prince live was at Phillips Arena a few years ago.  I had primo seats.  My boss got a hookup and, in turn, she hooked me up.  The Prince turned it out.

Morris Day and the Time opened for him.  I'm sure they had to get an IV and be resuscitated when they were done.  When they left the stage there was a looong delay.  Of course they had to get ready for the headliner.  We were all looking around bewildered in the dark.

Then, all of a sudden, I noticed the center of the stage go down.  Remember, I had some great seats so I had a really good view of the stage.  Seconds later a purple-clad Prince arose on the tiniest of platforms and commenced an epic guitar solo that seemed to last for hours.  The crowd was mesmerized.

That's when we realized he was doing this all ... on that tiny platform .... on skates.

Boom.

RIP Prince

• Moderators

Forgive me if somebody already mentioned it, but Steve Koonin this past week (on 92.9 FM) noted that the Hawks were really close to getting Prince to stick around ATL over the weekend and perform during Game 1, but it just fell through.

~lw3

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Forgive me if somebody already mentioned it, but Steve Koonin this past week (on 92.9 FM) noted that the Hawks were really close to getting Prince to stick around ATL over the weekend and perform during Game 1, but it just fell through.

~lw3

I hear that - would have been awesome.