• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things That You Hate Hearing on Draft night!!!

Wurider05

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Remember when Doug Moe said if we had not drafted Keefe the Nuggets would have. Never was sure if he was trying to make us feel better or just being really sarcastic. He had his nasty wit moments at times but he should have spent his wit concentrating on how to coach defense. 

Did he really? Nuggs actually got theFonz and Stith that year which was really good. I remember as a kid I wanted Anthony Peeler or Lee Mayberry lol. Looking back on it, Robert Horry all the way.

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Did he really? Nuggs actually got theFonz and Stith that year which was really good. I remember as a kid I wanted Anthony Peeler or Lee Mayberry lol. Looking back on it, Robert Horry all the way.

Yeah it was in the AJC so I guess that rag was trying to show us Hawk's fans how uneducated we were about Keefe's game. Very much agree with you on Horry. Everybody needs a clutch shooter in the big moments just like us against we all know who.    

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah it was in the AJC so I guess that rag was trying to show us Hawk's fans how uneducated we were about Keefe's game. Very much agree with you on Horry. Everybody needs a clutch shooter in the big moments just like us against we all know who.    

I remember I said...Who the hell is Robert Whory? Lol...Truthbe told I made fun of both the bama guys...Horry and Spree...oops :-(

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

1.  With the second pick in the NBA draft, Atlanta selects Marvin Williams.

1a.  With the fourth pick in the NBA draft, Atlanta selects Sheldon Williams.

Shelly was 5th but yes

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Sorry.   That makes it much more acceptable.  :cry:

Lol...no not at all...I was just sayin...

Shelly was horrid. I just can't believe we gave him a promise. Idiot Billy Knight.

10 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...no not at all...I was just sayin...

Shelly was horrid. I just can't believe we gave him a promise. Idiot Billy Knight.

Just kidding Spud.  Anything lower than a #20 something pick was too high.

37 minutes ago, Watchman said:

1.  With the second pick in the NBA draft, Atlanta selects Marvin Williams.

1a.  With the fourth pick in the NBA draft, Atlanta selects Sheldon Williams.

To be fair, Adam Morrison and Tyrus Thomas were drafted before Shelly...and that wasn't a particularly loaded draft

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

I remember I said...Who the hell is Robert Whory? Lol...Truthbe told I made fun of both the bama guys...Horry and Spree...oops :-(

Saw UNC play at Bama during the season one year and Horry and J.R. Reid were talking a good bit to/at each other. Think Horry blocked a bunch of shots but don't remember him shooting jumpers. At that time Horry was pretty high on the SEC's shot blocking list. Dean Smith would let his starting seniors play a game in their home state back then and Pete Chilcutt was from Bama. 

• Moderators

Well I looked at the Hoopshype mock and their whole description is one long sentence of things I don't want to hear.   I'll highlight the offending phrases

Power Forward / 6-9 / Kansas / Freshman
3.0 ppg, 2.5 rpg

Cheick is one of the players that Atlanta is said to be very high on. He may take a while to see the floor, but as he showed at the NBA combine, his length and motor gives him a lot of intrigue. If Atlanta is convinced that Al Horford will leave in free agency, they could target a more ready player such as Damian Jones or Diamond Stone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

Remember when Doug Moe said if we had not drafted Keefe the Nuggets would have. Never was sure if he was trying to make us feel better or just being really sarcastic. He had his nasty wit moments at times but he should have spent his wit concentrating on how to coach defense. 

I remember that '92 draft quite well. We were at the CNN Center and thought that we were truly getting a REAL PLAYER when Minor, Peeler, Stith, Sprewell, and Horry were all available for the Hawks to get. When they announced Adam Keefe's name, a damn near riot almost took place. You could've sworn that Drew Brees was walking through there with his Super Bowl trophy; the place was in bedlam. The guy had to be one of the most non-athletic players I ever seen in a Hawks jersey and considering I saw Jon Koncak, Blair Rasmussen, and fat Jon Bagley play here, that's saying something.

And you know that Doug Moe was being sarcastic as hell. He was probably laughing his ass off after watching Babs blow that pick, especially considering that Pete was once the GM in Denver and gave Rasmussen that big contract to screw up their cap...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dejay said:

I remember that '92 draft quite well. We were at the CNN Center and thought that we were truly getting a REAL PLAYER when Minor, Peeler, Stith, Sprewell, and Horry were all available for the Hawks to get. When they announced Adam Keefe's name, a damn near riot almost took place. You could've sworn that Drew Brees was walking through there with his Super Bowl trophy; the place was in bedlam. The guy had to be one of the most non-athletic players I ever seen in a Hawks jersey and considering I saw Jon Koncak, Blair Rasmussen, and fat Jon Bagley play here, that's saying something.

And you know that Doug Moe was being sarcastic as hell. He was probably laughing his ass off after watching Babs blow that pick, especially considering that Pete was once the GM in Denver and gave Rasmussen that big contract to screw up their cap...

Moose is our shorter and without a bank shot version of Rasmussen. Both weaklings. A couple of good moves but a whole lot more bad moves by Babcock while in Atlanta. He also just seemed to not put a priority on holding onto picks either. Keefe might be one example of why.   

Other words I hated hearing at the draft...

'With the 5th pick of the draft, the Atlanta Hawks select Jon Koncak (Stern trying desperately to hold in his laughter) from SMU...'

'With the 6th pick of the draft, the Atlanta Hawks select Josh Childress (Stern thinking, 'what, they don't need Al Jefferson, Luol Deng, or Andre Iguodala? Damn this team sucks at this') from Stanford...'

'With the 16th pick of the draft, the Atlanta Hawks select Alan Henderson (Stern thinking, 'no Michael Finley? Damnit, they just need to trade their picks from now on') from Indiana...'

• Like 3

@macdaddy captured everything in that description of Diallo.  Potential, upside, linth, "didn't score it much in college/euroleague but in the league, blah, blah, blah ..."  All spells 'pass' to me.

Things @Dolfan23 loves hearing?  "Heavy-legged, knee-bender"  Bow-chika-wow-wow

Ha, remember when Dolfan disses were in style?  Nah, me neither.

On 6/21/2016 at 1:11 PM, kg01 said:

@macdaddy captured everything in that description of Diallo.  Potential, upside, linth, "didn't score it much in college/euroleague but in the league, blah, blah, blah ..."  All spells 'pass' to me.

Things @Dolfan23 loves hearing?  "Heavy-legged, knee-bender"  Bow-chika-wow-wow

Ha, remember when Dolfan disses were in style?  Nah, me neither.

Damn girl you are thirsty! I don't even know how many @ mentions I have  that came from you over the past 4  or so months but it's a lot!