• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks agree to terms with Bazemore 4 years 70 mIllion

NBASupes

41 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Can anyone else picture Bazemore creeping in and contract bombing Al's negotiations with the Hawks? Dat Boi... smh

AhNL5Et.jpg

Thanks, beer out my nose. BTW, my daughter named our dog Boi. I campaigned for Bwah, to no avail.....

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

It's a huge overpay for a role player ... Signing that deal handcuffed us

Name a better SG WHO WOULD SIGN WITH US for less than $17.5mill/yr.....

• Like 4

• Admin
Just now, atljonesbro said:

I swear its hilarious  some people think it's still 2010 or something LMAO! This is perfectly fine with the new salary cap. Change is harder for some than others to comprehend i guess.

It's about using up all of our cap space on a role player ... Not the amount ... Especially with the Horford situation up in the air

6 minutes ago, hazer said:

Name a better SG WHO WOULD SIGN WITH US for less than $17.5mill/yr.....

It didn't need to be better but we could have gotten some swing men that are comparable at a much bigger discount ... Someone like Wesley Johnson might come at 6 or 7 million.  

The key is we should have dealt with Al before blowing out wad on a role player

• Like 1

Just now, Afro said:

Lol Horford situation is not in the air. 

Do you REALLY think the Hawks would resign Baze and then go "oh shit!" We forgot about the money to resign Horford. 

The Hawks have a plan. Trading Splitter to Brooklyn is a no brainer. 

5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

It's about using up all of our cap space on a role player ... Not the amount ... Especially with the Horford situation up in the air

It didn't need to be better but we could have gotten some swing men that are comparable at a much bigger discount ... Someone like Wesley Johnson might come at 6 or 7 million.  

The key is we should have dealt with Al before blowing out wad on a role player

Who says we haven't? We have Al's bird rights, can go over the cap to re-sign him, he'll be the LAST announcement. The players we're signing and trading will get that info up front in the pitch, we won't until the dust settles. You're a vet @capstone21, I know you already know this. Relax  :Horford:

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Afro said:

Lol Horford situation is not in the air. 

Do you REALLY think the Hawks would resign Baze and then go "oh shit!" We forgot about the money to resign Horford. 

LOL! I mean seriously people think that nba front office just do shit as they go along. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Hawks have a plan. Trading Splitter to Brooklyn is a no brainer. 

It's nice to see the ease of money moving finally benefit the Hawks. 

Got tired of watching the elite teams dumping salary every season like it was nothing while we sat around going "we broke" 

1 hour ago, RWF said:

I'm coming around to this. Only if we either keep Horford, or pull off a move that clearly makes us better than last year.

Well what we are gonna do is...got rid of "pouting Jeffy" and got a real center (D12) and......???

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ATLSmith said:

17.5 mill per year...  Weren't other teams offering 20 mill?  Seems like he took a bit of a discount. 

While this deal won't look too bad in a couple years, Baze has to be more productive than last year.

Outch, my brain refused to believe that numbers and told me 70/4=15, but now you ruined it's plan by writing down the 17.5...

One has to realize that Bud is forming this team exactly how he wants it. Now that we've signed Dwight, I'd love to have Horford back. However, where does Milsap fit in the picture ? If I had to choose between Horford and Milsap, I'm taking Milsap. If I have to pick between Dwight and Horford, I'm taking Dwight. Rebounding was a glaring weakness with our team. Dwight fixes that. I think overall when you compare Dwight to Horford, it's a wash. Howard, though, fills the teams need for rebounding and a high percentage finisher. It also could be the first step in improving our image amongst players in the league and the casual fans.

• Like 2

I will reserve judgment on all of this until all the dice have been rolled. I still believe Al will be a Hawk when all of this is complete. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Considering all it takes for us to keep Al is trading several cheap no needed anymore players like Tim and Splitter.  Cutting Scott. I think all of us feel good about retaining Al's services.

Only problem is if we start cutting people. What are we going to do for depth ?

Just now, EazyRoc said:

Only problem is if we start cutting people. What are we going to do for depth ?

Right now, we have like 3 million dollars with 14 players and only one PG on the roster. With resigning Al, we have a MLE and a Bi-Exception 

We still need some real talent on the bench or we are going to be leaning heavily on Bembry and Prince. I still haven't seen anything from THJr that'll suggest he will be in the league after this contract. We would need a backup C if we drop Splitter. Mike Scott is the only PF we've got on the bench.