• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Millsap is on the block

SalvorMallow

1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

When has he had the opportunity?  Howard is finally healthy, motivated and not playing next to an ultra ball dominant guard like Kobe or Harden.  I think he is going to surprise a lot of people this season.

He has lost his athleticism and he isn't that driven of a player.

Trading Sap for fodder means the Hawks have only shuffled pieces and lost talent.

It's BS.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Trading Sap for fodder means the Hawks have only shuffled pieces and lost talent.

It's BS.

Who said anything about Atlanta trading Sap for nonsense other than the beat guy. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Trading Sap for fodder means the Hawks have only shoved pieces and lost talent.

I agree 100%.  I am definitely not advocating trading Millsap unless we get a return worthy of a top 15 NBA talent.  I think we should be able to get deals done shipping off Splitter, THJ, and Scott, or whatever it takes to resign Horford.  We would have a historically strong front court with a rotation of Horford, Millsap, and Howard.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Who said anything about Atlanta trading Sap for nonsense other than the beat guy. 

What's out there for them to get that will make them better? Are they going to get Jimmy Butler or someone like that? If not, the team isn't going to be much better than what it was this past season.

All that is being done is a shuffling of players that will yield the same results at best.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

10 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

D12 is a role player now. His effectiveness has declined for several seasons in a row. The only way he is going to be effective here at all is if he accepts that he is a rebounder and shot blocker now. The rest is not that good.

In '15-'16 D12 had 30/13, 28/13, 36/26, 21/17, 22/12, 21/13, 30/16, 22/14, 16/15, 22/18, 20/17, 20/20, and 23/14 games (pts/rebs) on a ball-hogging ISO Harden team where he averaged 8 shots/gm. How many Hawks did that last year? Last decade? That "role player" is still elite. Give me some of that "own me any day of the week" you were spewing the other night @Hotlanta1981 :buttdance:

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

In '15-'16 D12 had 30/13, 28/13, 36/26, 21/17, 22/12, 21/13, 30/16, 22/14, 16/15, 22/18, 20/17, 20/20, and 23/14 games (pts/rebs) on a ball-hogging ISO Harden team where he averaged 8 shots/gm. How many Hawks did that last year? Last decade? That "role player" is still elite...

He finished the year averaging 13.7 PPG.

His athletic ability is on the decline and and he isn't an overly skilled offensive player to start with. He is on the downside of his career.

People want to suddenly blame everyone else for Dwight's uninspired play.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

His athletic ability is on the decline and and he isn't an overly skilled offensive player to start with. He is on the downside of his career.

He needs to work in the PnR, not watch Harden dribble the air out of the ball.

3 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Teague had15.7 and the entire NBA world acted like our offense was gonna die with him gone lol 

If the Hawks are really dealing Sap, it has got to mean they gonna resign Al. The tip off is them signing Baze. Looks like they wanna go into next season with something like this, pending whoever they trade Sap for. I'm thinking picks and a couple of servicable players:

pg dennis

sg korver

sf baze

pf horford

c howard

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

He wasn't really doing them with Jeremy Lin either though. 

He was injured in LA.  I feel like I'm making a lot of excuses, but he's shown more than a few hints of his old self over the past couple seasons.  I think in a great system involving a lot of PnR, he could easily return to a 20-10 guy who is a dominant presence down low on the defensive end.  I really hope to see that this year.  

The thought of a healthy D12, healthy Korver pairing should make any fan swoon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Bawse: 15/7/1.5 at C on a "share" team

D12: 14/12/1.6 at C on an ISO Harden team

HOT-domighty you just owned me @Hotlanta1981

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

I was at the game in Houston last year when Dwight was absolutely owning the Hawks. We could not defend him and they were up double digits on us. And then the Rockets stopped going to him, completely. Game completely flipped and we ended up stealing it.  Ended the night with only 30 points and 16 rebounds. The Rockets had no idea how to use him properly or at least consistently and you can bet your ass that Bud won't make that same mistake. 

He's left on bad terms with every team he has been with. He has no heart and nobody likes him. There are reasons why. If he was that great Houston would have won more games last year.

People are flipping opinions on him now just because he is on the team.

Just now, Hawkmoor said:

If the Hawks are really dealing Sap, it has got to mean they gonna resign Al. The tip off is them signing Baze. Looks like they wanna go into next season with something like this:

pg dennis

sg korver

sf baze

pf horford

c howard

I love Horford. I love him but this team is worse than last year's. The team without him is worse as well. 

We need to either get a great deal for Millsap or move Splitter, Thabo and Scott which is way better than this shit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

He was injured in LA.  I feel like I'm making a lot of excuses, but he's shown more than a few hints of his old self over the past couple seasons.  I think in a great system involving a lot of PnR, he could easily return to a 20-10 guy who is a dominant presence down low on the defensive end.  I really hope to see that this year.  

The thought of a healthy D12, healthy Korver pairing should make any fan swoon. 

I don't know if he gets back to 20/10 but I can see 16/10 or 18/10 at the highest. No matter what he returns to being an all star under bud I truly believe that.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Who knows.

We are not done making moves, I believe a trade or two is going to happen before the fourth and Al will resign with us (besides his other choices sucks right now and with him, we got a decent chance to beat Cleveland)

But regardless of what happens, we have to be impressed by the Front Office and Ownership of the Hawks to try to get to the championship team they been saying and willing to go into the luxury tux for it.

• Like 1

I'm not buying all of this Millsap is on the trade block mumbo jumbo. We just signed Howard, who is 30. We are trying to re-sigh Horford, who is also 30. Millsap is 31. It seems to me we have about a 3 (maybe 4) year window to try and get a championship with this group before we have to replace those 3 - yes I'm assuming we do resign Horford.