• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Millsap is on the block

SalvorMallow

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

He's left on bad terms with every team he has been with. He has no heart and nobody likes him. There are reasons why. If he was that great Houston would have won more games last year.

People are flipping opinions on him now just because he is on the team.

You act like the Rockets or the Lakers with their management and coaching are the Spurs or something. Dwight is still loved in Houston and he's not leaving on bad terms. He was far from the reason why they didn't win anything. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I love Horford. I love him but this team is worse than last year's. The team without him is worse as well. 

We need to either get a great deal for Millsap or move Splitter, Thabo and Scott which is way better than this shit. 

Man, i just threw something out there. The main ingredients is Al and Howard upfront, and Baze still in the lineup somewhere.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I love Horford. I love him but this team is worse than last year's. The team without him is worse as well. 

We need to either get a great deal for Millsap or move Splitter, Thabo and Scott which is way better than this shit. 

Let them know @NBASupes ....damn right! But bud may be feeling the pressure on having a bad bench or worst bench I don't know.

Just now, Kimsey said:

There has to be other teams other than Phoenix. It's okay now to trade picks after they just signed? 

Of course there is. I doubt the Suns rumor is even serious. I mean, look who this guy is. He's a beat writer. He's not Marc Stein, Shams, Woj or someone truthworthy. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hazer said:

Bawse: 15/7/1.5 at C on a "share" team

D12: 14/12/1.6 at C on an ISO Harden team

HOT-domighty you just owned me @Hotlanta1981

I just find it convenient that all of a sudden everyone else is to blame for his failures over the last several years. A core of Dennis/Bazemore/Horford and Howard will go out in the playoffs pretty easily if they make it. That core is not impressive at all.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Of course there is. I doubt the Suns rumor is even serious. I mean, look who this guy is. He's a beat writer. He's not Marc Stein, Shams, Woj or someone truthworthy. 

My first statement was being facetious. I know what kind of player Sap is but his value ranges. My curiosity was the draft picks people are saying is involved as is it current or future. 

Edited by Kimsey
miss spelling

9 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

You act like the Rockets or the Lakers with their management and coaching are the Spurs or something. Dwight is still loved in Houston and he's not leaving on bad terms. He was far from the reason why they didn't win anything. 

Things didn't end that well in Orlando either. He came here out of desperation because his image is in the crapper and his play over the last few years has been less than stellar overall. I bet he will even admit that he wasn't all that good the last few years. Now he is going to destroy the league just because he is a Hawk? It's laughable.

Yeah, he still has enough in the tank to play a good role on a team... But if people think a core of Dennis/Blaze/Horford and Howard is going to get better results than what we've had... Well, you're about to find out the hard way.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

8 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I just find it convenient that all of a sudden everyone else is to blame for his failures over the last several years. A core of Dennis/Bazemore/Horford and Howard will go out in the playoffs pretty easily if they make it. That core is not impressive at all.

Why'd you quote me with that response. I'm not blaming anybody for anything, I'm just talking pure nimbers. "What the hell are you talking about? Who you TALKIN' to?"

Edited by hazer

Yeah ....still don't believe Sap is on the trade block...others would have tweeted this by now. Plus Hawks have been tight lipped ....they are working a trade but no one knows who it involves therefore I can't believe this from a cavs beat writer.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm pretty sure the Hawks told Howard that he would be utilized similar to how Orlando. People are going to eat a lot of crow when this works.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I was at the game in Houston last year when Dwight was absolutely owning the Hawks. We could not defend him and they were up double digits on us. And then the Rockets stopped going to him, completely. Game completely flipped and we ended up stealing it.  Ended the night with only 30 points and 16 rebounds. The Rockets had no idea how to use him properly or at least consistently and you can bet your ass that Bud won't make that same mistake. 

I just want to add that it's one thing to have big nights some nights and it's another thing to carry the offensive load every night.

I think we all can agree that Harden isn't the best team player... But I also think Howard often lacks the effort.  Not to mention that his offensive game is still extremely raw despite being in the league so long. I'm just skeptical that he is going to consistently play at an elite level when he hasn't done it in years.

Hopefully I'm wrong... And if I am, I'll admit it.

5 minutes ago, QuantumHawkz said:

I'm pretty sure the Hawks told Howard that he would be utilized similar to how Orlando. People are going to eat a lot of crow when this works.

Schröder is about to have pretty good assist numbers with those easy pick and roll lobs.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, RWF said:

Schröder is about to have pretty good assist numbers with those easy pick and roll lobs.

Plus not to mention the extra possessions from constant   rebounding. His defense at the rim will trigger what the Hawks love to do and is also the best when they do it...... that's fast break.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I just want to add that it's one thing to have big nights some nights and it's another thing to carry the offensive load every night.

I think we all can agree that Harden isn't the best team player... But I also think Howard often lacks the effort.  Not to mention that his offensive game is still extremely raw despite being in the league so long. I'm just skeptical that he is going to consistently play at an elite level when he hasn't done it in years.

Wasn't his game raw in Orlando?

The Hawks thinking HAS got to be this: Sap can't play the 3.  This means signing both Howard and Horford was off the table with them if they were gonna keep Sap.  So, they used some loot to sign Baze, and gonna clear Sap to resign Horford.

13 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I've already given you this response once tonight, maybe it'll sink in the 2nd time:

In '15-'16 D12 had 30/13, 28/13, 36/26, 21/17, 22/12, 21/13, 30/16, 22/14, 16/15, 22/18, 20/17, 20/20, and 23/14 games (pts/rebs) on a ball-hogging ISO Harden team where he averaged 8 shots/gm. How many Hawks did that last year? Last decade? That "role player" is still elite.