• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Millsap is on the block

SalvorMallow

3 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Have you ever been anything other than a joke? There is a reason everyone laughs at you over at insidehoops.

You constantly contradict yourself and dig DEEP to find reasons to complain.  At this point complaining has just become habit. It's your default. 

• Like 1

Just now, atljonesbro said:

You constantly contradict yourself and dig DEEP to find reasons to complain.  At this point complaining has just become habit. It's your default. 

And just where am I "contradicting myself"?

I made the point that the Hawks aren't any better off than they were before if they go into the season with Dennis/Bazemore/Horford and Howard as their core. How is that much (if any) better than what they had last season? If they trade Sap and don't get a big piece in return they will be lucky to match what they did last season. Would you disagree with that? If so, why?

8 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

And just where am I "contradicting myself"?

I made the point that the Hawks aren't any better off than they were before if they go into the season with Dennis/Bazemore/Horford and Howard as their core. How is that much (if any) better than what they had last season? If they trade Sap and don't get a big piece in return they will be lucky to match what they did last season. Would you disagree with that? If so, why?

You contradict yourself because you complain ALL year long about how soft Horford is, how he doesn't rebound, and how he's worthless. We hard a more hard nosed player who rebounds, YOU STILL COMPLAIN. You complain about how worthless Millsap is all year and how he's a "shovel nose". You COMPLAIN we may move him for assets to help the team (potentially wing players which you compalin aren't good enough too). I honestly think you just like to complain. Like in some weird way it brings joy to you. 

• Like 2

Just now, atljonesbro said:

You contradict yourself because you complain ALL year long about how soft Horford is, how he doesn't rebound, and how he's worthless. We hard a more hard nosed player who rebounds, YOU STILL COMPLAIN. You complain about how worthless Millsap is all year and how he's a "shovel nose". You COMPLAIN we may move him for assets to help the team (potentially wing players which you compalin aren't good enough too). I honestly think you just like to complain. Like in some weird way it brings joy to you. 

1.  Howard rebounds, but I wouldn't call him a hard nosed or tough player. 

2.  Lots of people get frustrated with the players here when things go to shit. 

I said that if they retain Sap, Horford and Howard or trade Sap for a big piece I will be fine enough with what they're doing.

However, as we saw with the Teague deal, it's questionable if Bud gets the best value in some of these trades.

• Like 1

RANDOM THOUGHTS:

Hawks are not through dealing, not yet.  There may be a lot of future first round picks coming for current players.

76ers set the example on this.  That clears a pot load of salary cap worries if Atlanta does this.

Looking at our roster, right now, without further moves, shows we still have some nice players.  Fans still expect

to see a few minutes per game from Taurean Prince and DeAndre Brembry next season.

Can't wait for that first cry next season: "Dwight Howard for threeee!"

Remember, when you make an omelet you gotta break a few eggs.  Hawks can't be accused of not trying this off season.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 4

Just want to point out if you want to make yourself feel ill take a look at Dante Exum's NBA stats. None last year because of the injury but from the year before. Looked like he was in over his head and wouldn't be a good idea as the first PG off the bench. Simply can't shoot.

It seems trading Millsap to get us a scoring wing is the goal with this move. The other part of this move has to be a guy entering or a year into a rookie or relatively cheap contract. The Hawks do have to save some cap to get a B-U PG (who also needs to be a 5+year vet) and probably another pure shooter. Given those limitations, I can see why PHX seems like the place. My darkhorse team is Minny. They could use a productive guy up front like Millsap. Plus, I would love to get Zach Levine (and you make him a SG not the PG -like role that Minny is trying to do). Sothron, i'm sure you have better insight on Minny's ideas.

36 minutes ago, frosgrim said:

It seems trading Millsap to get us a scoring wing is the goal with this move. The other part of this move has to be a guy entering or a year into a rookie or relatively cheap contract. The Hawks do have to save some cap to get a B-U PG (who also needs to be a 5+year vet) and probably another pure shooter. Given those limitations, I can see why PHX seems like the place. My darkhorse team is Minny. They could use a productive guy up front like Millsap. Plus, I would love to get Zach Levine (and you make him a SG not the PG -like role that Minny is trying to do). Sothron, i'm sure you have better insight on Minny's ideas.

Karl Anthony Towns is their  power  forward  and superstar of the future. I can't see them trading  for Sap even though I love alot  of their young talent. 

Edited by ATLien_

2 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

Karl Anthony Towns is their  power  forward  and superstar of the future. I can't see them trading  for Sap even though I love alot  of their young talent. 

KAT can definitely play center. I can see him and Sap in the front, that'd be a pretty nice lineup. That said, I don't think the wolves are giving up Lavine for Millsap, as that was reportedly the reason they couldn't agree on Butler. 

It sounds to me that the hawks already have all the deals in place with the offer on Al's table, and it's just  a matter of him accepting and all the other chips will fall in place. 

I really hope that if the deal is with Phoenix, we're getting either of Booker or Bender plus picks. More likely though, it's just for picks to clear cap. 

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

RANDOM THOUGHTS:

Hawks are not through dealing, not yet.  There may be a lot of future first round picks coming for current players.

76ers set the example on this.  That clears a pot load of salary cap worries if Atlanta does this.

Looking at our roster, right now, without further moves, shows we still have some nice players.  Fans still expect

to see a few minutes per game from Taurean Prince and DeAndre Brembry next season.

Can't wait for that first cry next season: "Dwight Howard for threeee!"

Remember, when you make an omelet you gotta break a few eggs.  Hawks can't be accused of not trying this off season.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

Howard starts bustin 3's I'm putting Bud in the hall of fame lol

Out west the Suns, blazers, and Twolves need PF. 

Suns clearly make the most sense. Tucker is a cheap 3-D guy. 

Blazers don't have anyone but McCollum really. 

Twolves really don't have much they'd give up.