• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horf to Boston

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks fans are weird. First it's Al isn't worth the max and 5 years, now it's why didn't he take what we offered. The GM sucks for not offering him a full 5yr max...make up your minds people.

Am I  disappointed, yes...bu I'm already moving on to what's next.

Well, they didn't even get anything in a sign and trade. They have Bazemore that huge contract when he sucks ass. Now, Sap knows that the Hawks have tried to trade him and so he will not be happy. Bud couldn't have f***ed up more.

Moreover, this BS about Bud and his system being the greatest needs to stop. If he and his system was so great he wouldn't be losing his own players for nothing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

They saying on NBA TV that Al was miffed from the start that ATL didn't offer him the full max amount. Said he considered himself a max player and took that as an insult. The contract Boston is paying him averages $28.25m per season. The final one we apparently offered averaged #27.2m. I don't know how true it is, but it seems the feeling disrespected angle might be true. If so, booo on BudCox.

But here is the thing, he is not a max player in my eyes and last year was his worst year since he was drafted but we can not put this on BudCox besides he is not worth 144 mil for 5 years, not at all.

We have to move on, sure it does sucks but Portland show us last year that they made something out of nothing and we can do the same.

But I wonder if the Hawks can do a sign and trade with him?

Edited by NekiEcko

Al Horford signs with the Celtics he's dead to me. Sign with the Hawks biggest rival! If he went to OKC, Spurs or GS fine I get it go get a ring. He signed with the team we beat in six how is that an upgrade? This only makes sense if KD is going there. It's a bit&%* move either way though. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HorfordFTW said:

Our future is finished now, hello winning 40-45 games and doing nothing

On the bright side, that's exactly what would have happened if we kept Horford, Baze and virtually the same team from last year.

Edited by Flight
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Jlhawkins9 said:

Offer him the max now

befire D12 changes his mind lol

This is the one thing Atlanta better not do. They need to be able to wash their hands of him if this don't work

Edited by NBASupes

Meh, I rather have keep Sap and have Howard on a cheaper shorter contract. I just wish we had gotten more for Teague.
Hopefully we still can try to dump Splitter, and make other moves.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah, they don't need us now IIUC.  Fitting Alice screwed us in the end.  He's basically been stealth screwing us the whole time he's been here.

He sure has. Again, ive said it over and over on this messageboard, Alice allowed Bud to keep running that spread offense with no playmakers. He essentially took Pero's spot out on the perimeter for the Hawks.  THATS how he screwed the Hawks.  The Hawks, like any basketball team, needed his butt in the paint. So, what they do? Go get the best available pure center outside of Boogie, to come to Atlanta so that Alice and Bud could justifiably have Alice  out there hanging with Stephen Curry in 3 point land.  

I'm not gonna gloat over this one.  I like the Celtics, but Alice put a bad taste in my mouth about this off season. My hopes was hanging on the Celtics trading that 3rd pick for a scorer, not raiding the Hawks for Alice.  I had a feeling it would happen, and damn if it didnt.

819953059_medium.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

I dont if your the same supes from TATF but dude wt in the blu fk are you talking about - have you forgotten ur post for the last week, stop cherry picking shit and pontificating.  The whole point of him staying is to turn something that was historically shit into making a difference, now your just another guy there - here he could have been historic diff maker.

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

They saying on NBA TV that Al was miffed from the start that ATL didn't offer him the full max amount. Said he considered himself a max player and took that as an insult. The contract Boston is paying him averages $28.25m per season. The final one we apparently offered averaged #27.2m. I don't know how true it is, but it seems the feeling disrespected angle might be true. If so, booo on BudCox.

I'm sorry, but horford is not worth a max deal, ESPECIALLY with the new cap.  That contract would cripple us in the years to come.  Like was said before, he always wanted a C to help, we go get one, and he leaves over less than 5% difference per year.  I bet state income taxes are higher in Massachusetts too

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He took less money. This wasn't about money. This was about a first class organization v. A 3rd tier one.

Boston a first class organization?  Really?  They haven't done anything since the Bird/McHale era.  If Al wants to play with a ball hog munchkin, so be it.  He screwed us out of the chance to add more pieces to the roster, so as far as I'm concerned, we should boo the crap out of him every time he sets foot in Atlanta.

• Like 1