• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horf to Boston

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If this holds true so be it. Al had a chance for more money from us playing at PF and chose to play Center for Boston instead. Time to move on and address our bench needs. I will look forward to playing Boston this year.

How?  We're capped out.

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

So they only wanted him on the team for further roster additions, and not for his play on the court? Got it...

No they wanted to add to the roster with him on the team, which they could have done with his Bird rights.  He royally screwed us.

• Like 1

Celtics have hated Al since we met them in the playoffs in their title run, especially Heinsohn who has always called Al a non star. Reap what you have sowed Al and make nice with the jerk that has always disrespected you. The enemy owns you now. Good luck.    

• Like 4

Its alright. Sap gets the needed help from a real center.  The only damage is Alice forcing the Hawks to dangle Sap. Sap should get over it though because he is coming up for a contract next year.  Hawks should look to convert that cap space into finding a scorer. If they do that, they are ok.  Like has been said by others, Sap/Howard is the matchup you want going against Cleveland.

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Its alright. Sap gets the needed help from a real center.  The only damage is Alice forcing the Hawks to dangle Sap. Sap should get over it though because he is coming up for a contract next year.  Hawks should look to convert that cap space into finding a scorer. If they do that, they are ok.  Like has been said by others, Sap/Howard is the matchup you want going against Cleveland.

What cap space?

3 minutes ago, noble said:

What have we ever had to be positive about? 1 ECF in history we got swept badly in?

Here is the thing this team right now took a step back. Howard and Millsap are not as good as Horford and Millsap, plain and simple. They still need a backup PG, a better wing player, and now scoring. This team is not better suited to beat the Cavs at all. In fact we seem to be worse off now. I amean interested to see if they can still either a. Make a move or B. Trade Millsap and blow it up while collecting picks.

I disagree, Dwight hasn't played next to a PF as versatile as Millsap before and Dwight is a lot more of a post presence than Horf when playing against real centers.

I don't think this team could do much worse than losing 4-0 twice if they were to play a series against the cavs today. I know we'll really miss what Horford brought to those series.

Just now, terrell said:

Ever heard of trades?

Who we trading? Can't trade Baze, can't trade Howard. Dennis is our only PG.

You trading Millsap? Outside of him, you are not getting anything for anybody else.

I'm disappointed in the way it played out and Horford is (was?) one of my favorite athletes, but ultimately I'm not sad about missing out on that contract. He's a #1 or even a #2. If Boston doesn't get KD then they're going to be disappointed in the long run. It is what it is. People have been CRYING for Horford (or "Alice") to be gone from this team for years now, so it's hilarious to see the reactions from those same posters now that it has happened. Further proof some people only know how to whine.