• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horf to Boston

NBASupes

I am more disappointed than I thought I would be. This offseason went from great to bad instantaneously. We basically flipped Horford+Teague for Howard+Prince. And now we have probably <5 M in cap space to upgrade the roster. Yucks...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kimsey said:

This is who some of you put your trust in. Traitorous Danny Manning bastard. I'm sure Tito is happy right now. Hope you tear your third breast, you bish.

How is Tito happy? Horford is the starting center for the Boston Celtics.

• Like 1

My feeling about this is,

First of all, I am glad that we had a player in Horford that was committed to win with the Hawks jersey on.  Throughout the bad times and good times, he was there but sometimes thing will not go our way and this is one of those times.

Please do not fault the front office or ownership about this, they try everything in the book to get Al the max but at the end, it was too late but getting Howard on the cheap and bring back Baze is a good FA period.

For Hawks, the sun will shine again for us, we are still a playoff team and if Howard is motivated like he say he is then we should be in a good place.  Everybody just need to relax and calm down (then again, I am on Hydrocodon (might tore ACL in my knee) so you have to forgive me if I sound off)

Thank you AL for your service and now we hate your Clover green butt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Its alright. Sap gets the needed help from a real center.  The only damage is Alice forcing the Hawks to dangle Sap. Sap should get over it though because he is coming up for a contract next year.  Hawks should look to convert that cap space into finding a scorer. If they do that, they are ok.  Like has been said by others, Sap/Howard is the matchup you want going against Cleveland.

We have like 2 - 3 million left in cap space. Al screwed us big time.

• Like 1

some of yall dont get it - this completely changes the dynamic we lost teague and horford for dwight - and yall are thrilled.  We didnt get better is the point, and we hamstrung ourselves from doing so majorly - Sap and Howard im sure will be good - but we need more players and it wasnt bazemore - the only reason they signed baze cuz they were sure AL was coming back, no way they make that happen otherwise.  Total f***ing fail

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RWF said:

Who we trading? Can't trade Baze, can't trade Howard. Dennis is our only PG.

You trading Millsap? Outside of him, you are not getting anything for anybody else.

Youd be surprised..

10 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

On one hand, I'm dissapointed Al left over such a small amount and on the other hand, I'm dissapointed in the Hawks not going the extra mile to get the deal done.

You STILL believe it was the money?  Look, when someone is ready to leave you, they make up all kinds of excuses.   

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 minute ago, Dimesadozen said:

Really dosappointed that Al didnt take time to thank the organization and fans before throwing up the green.

I think Millsap is better than Horf, but I think Horf at less money plus the assets in a Millsap trade would be better in the long run for the Hawks.

Either Al really screwed Atlanta or this whole FA was greatly mishandled by Budcox.  

I just tweeted the exact same thing to Justin termine, either bud did a very poor job of talking through moves with horf, or he just decided to stick it to us

1 minute ago, Dimesadozen said:

Really dosappointed that Al didnt take time to thank the organization and fans before throwing up the green.

I think Millsap is better than Horf, but I think Horf at less money plus the assets in a Millsap trade would be better in the long run for the Hawks.

Either Al really screwed Atlanta or this whole FA was greatly mishandled by Budcox.  

I don't think Front office screw it up, I think they were trying to get Horford what he wants but at the end of the day, he just want the max.

3 minutes ago, ngc7 said:

Wow Horford is wack. Lost all respect for him . Finally had a chance to do something big in Atl and he leaves . The Celtics will never win a ship with him unless they get Durant.  

If an entire franchise has consistently put your quality of play down of course you sign with them because Paul Pierce showing a gang sign at you and Heinsohn calling you a non star level of player means nothing all of a sudden. Thats substantial memory loss Al.  

2 minutes ago, Dimesadozen said:

Or both actually.

I'm not blaming the front office for this - they had a number they were not willing to exceed.  

They didn't view him as a 5yr/full max  player the way  he viewed himself.

Ill never forget when Al got his azz punked by KG and the C's,and Zaza showed his soft butt what heart what all about..Now he wants to join the Celtics? Unbelievable..