• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horf to Boston

NBASupes

Hated the Celtics in 1970 and if possible hate them even more now. Thats even without the always" calling game" pudgy jackass Pierce with them. Ainge just makes me angry Where is Tree when you need him..  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Hated the Celtics in 1970 and if possible hate them even more now. Thats even without the always" calling game" pudgy jackass Pierce with them. Ainge just makes me angry Where is Tree when you need him..  

Tree shoulda bit that mf back. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Boston a first class organization?  Really?  They haven't done anything since the Bird/McHale era.  If Al wants to play with a ball hog munchkin, so be it.  He screwed us out of the chance to add more pieces to the roster, so as far as I'm concerned, we should boo the crap out of him every time he sets foot in Atlanta.

Thats the shortlist of how he hurt the Hawks.  Im pretty sure Dwight wanted to play with him. Im pretty sure Sap is miffed about being dangled.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Watchman said:

We lost Teague and Al, and got Howard, overpaid Bazemore and don't have much of a bench.

No doubt in my mind, sooner or later SAP, Horford, or D12 would have to go. No team can pay out 70 million a year to man their PF and Center positions. That makes zero business sense. Horford just got it done for us sooner and he did not let us choose who would go. Such is UFA.

With D12 and SAP we will still have one of the best rebounding front lines in the NBA. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Schröder has the keys and that is exactly what Bud chose. We have two rookie wing players and Bazemore; which is what Bud chose.

Some people act like losing Al is the end of the world. He only averaged 15.2 and 7.3 last season and the season before 15.2 and 7.2. We are replacing him with a player who averaged 13.7 and 11.8 last season. The sky is far from falling in the Atl!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Watchman said:

How?  We're capped out.

We aren't capped out.

Howard at 22.4

Sap at 20

Baze at 16

Splitter at 8.3

Korver at 5.24

Thabo at 4

Scott at 3.33

Dennis at 2.7

THj at 2.3

Moose 1

Edy at 1

patterson .875

Bembry 1.2

Prince 1.9

Total - 90.245 (ish)

Scott is going to get waived which clears up 3.33.  This means we have 7 million to sign 1 player and the MLE to sign the 15th.

If we salary dump Splitter, we'll have 16.5 million to sign a player. + the MLE and BAE.

If we salary dump splitter and thabo we'd have 20 million to sign 1 player, + one on the MLE, one BAE and one vet min.

Its all doable.

• Like 1

Cool.

I loved and appreciated the first 8 years of Bawse a great deal.  Last year's Stretch Alfredo not so much.  I'm gonna enjoy Sap driving past him every chance he gets. Old no lateral quickness having, pitty-pat screen setting, soft rebounding,  more threes than FTs taking muthaf&@ka :Horford:

Enjoy your talks with Tommy Heinson.  Still Love you though Bawse, even in Celtic Green.  Mainly because I'm still confident they ain't making no noise.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeacKillsaDevil said:

Can Boston sign Durant and Horford outright? Or will they need to make some moves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celtics pulling out all the stops to make that happen. They got Tom Brady meeting with Durant tonight.  

My friend just ran into Boston's KD recruitment team

7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Thats the shortlist of how he hurt the Hawks.  Im pretty sure Dwight wanted to play with him. Im pretty sure Sap is miffed about being dangled.

I am sure SAP is miffed as well since he was our best scorer and rebounder last season. Lets hope he is a true pro and ignores all the free agent banter. He should be use to it by now with all these years in the league.

• Like 3

I'm not mad he left I just don't think the Dwight move is as good now. Thought they could've really complemented each other well in the post.

Even if we don't like Baze's contract, he took less than other offers to keep a good thing. The Hawks thought Horford would do the same and he didn't.  Personally I would take a minor payout to stay with a team I knew would compete in the east. Unfortunately every last bit of that money was more important to Al. Oh well.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RWF said:

Scott is going to get waived which clears up 3.33.  This means we have 7 million to sign 1 player and the MLE to sign the 15th.

If we salary dump Splitter, we'll have 16.5 million to sign a player. + the MLE and BAE.

If we salary dump splitter and thabo we'd have 20 million to sign 1 player, + one on the MLE, one BAE and one vet min.

Its all doable.

So could we go after Wade?? Jkjk

36 minutes ago, RWF said:

2 minutes ago, DeacKillsaDevil said:

Can Boston sign Durant and Horford outright? Or will they need to make some moves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per http://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/cap/, they have 78 million in active contracts and 21 million in cap holds. They'll need to clear 5.335 million of those holds to do this deal with Al. or opt not to pick up the contract of Amir Johnson. They'll have to do some juggling to get this deal with Al done, so no they can't just sign KD.

• Premium Member

Oh well, keep it moving. All this is telling me is that Horford was hurt that the Hawks didn't make him the top priority. He probably thought at 12am on the dot the Hawks would call with a max contact in hand.....well,they didn't . The Hawks signed D12 and Baze. This was the plan the whole time. Everyone wants to talk about Bud's offense but think about this.... How many times did the Hawks hit a wall on offense cause the shot wasn't falling?, so they dumped the ball down low to Al.We all know how that often ended up.  Many times if Horford 's shot wasn't falling he wan't going to be an impact on offense. We have the perfect stretch 4 in Millsap, and  now we have a true center to fit.  Besides the Pick and Roll will be more affective with Howard than Horford....why? Because D12 CAN finish at the rim.  Horford was a pick and pop guy. 

With that said. Thank you Horford for your time and contributions to the Hawks.              

Edited by QuantumHawkz
  • Like 2