• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Message to Bud

FL_BRYANT

• Premium Member

So let's just eliminate every team in the league instead of Cavs and the Warriors then, since they are the only two teams really competing for a championship right now, everyone else is just trying to improve so that they can eventually get to that point.

But that's not good enough, so lets fire everyone! Is that really your point?

The hawks have been swept two years in a row. That's not competing. Ownership,media and fans need to let them know that is not satisfactory.  If not stop squawking and accept what you get. A championship standard has to be set. Trying to keep it simple.

3 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

The hawks have been swept two years in a row. That's not competing. Ownership,media and fans need to let them know that is not satisfactory.  If not stop squawking and accept what you get. A championship standard has to be set. Trying to keep it simple.

Ohhh...that's a new  thought.:ermm:

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ohhh...that's a new  thought.:ermm:

Yea, too bad our owners and coach were intentionally trying to get swept in the playoffs. We should fire them and bring in people who don't want to get swept in the playoffs. That's the way you built a winning team. It's... .so... simple!

Most teams are eliminated before the season begins. Only a few teams win championships year after year. You have to decide what group you want to be in.  I'm not the greatest Horford fan but if he was part of your plan you can't blow it like you did. It's unacceptable!  

Your crying about the  results but your scared to discuss change. Don't be scared no one's going to get you. All coaches want to win but only a few can. This is a results game, and tell me how many chances do you get. I'm not saying fire him now I'm saying give him notice of what's expected. How many championships have the hawks won, when was the last one. This is a big boy game, it's not for everyone. 

If it's championship or bust for you this team isn't winning a title. No teams are coming close to winning it with the Durant deal.

So I guess it's TANK time. Trade Millsap, Korver, and Sefolosha and totally blow the team up and rebuild.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If it's championship or bust for you this team isn't winning a title. No teams are coming close to winning it with the Durant deal.

So I guess it's TANK time. Trade Millsap, Korver, and Sefolosha and totally blow the team up and rebuild.

-1 level Post...

In the last 10 years.. name one team that tanking has helped?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

-1 level Post...

Golden State (they technically did tank a season after injuries)
Cleveland (most of it was James, but they were given three straight #1 picks, how unfair is that)

2 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Your crying about the  results but your scared to discuss change. Don't be scared no one's going to get you. All coaches want to win but only a few can. This is a results game, and tell me how many chances do you get. I'm not saying fire him now I'm saying give him notice of what's expected. How many championships have the hawks won, when was the last one. This is a big boy game, it's not for everyone. 

Hasn't this been the most change this franchise seen in many off seasons? I think they are trying to get better but you can't just do it over one offseason

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

-1 level Post...

Yeah not since 1984 when the Rockets got Olajuwon. The lottery started right after that because of the horrid act of tanking insults the game.

• Premium Member

The best we can do is what we have been doing. You either have a superstar to draw in other superstars or you are either rebuilding or one of those teams stuck in the playoffs with no chance in hell of winning a ring. I know which of the three we are. It is obvious the owners are not going to go for a full rebuild so Bud is doing the best he can.

3 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Someone needs to tell Bud that if your not competing for championships,your not doing your job. End of conversation. 

Competing for a championship? If hawks have a championship capable roster then i would agree with you that Bud not doing his job

Quit making excuses for the hawks,and Bud. It doesn't get any worse than getting swept in the playoffs  no less than twice, then you make a major strategical error in free agency. This is unacceptable.  I will  never recommend tanking that's not competing.  I said compete for a championship, seriously compete. Maybe bud has too many responsibilities and should just coach.  Probably doesn't have the experience to do anything more than coach. He is not proven . I'm  not saying fire bud now but if this is the best he can do then it's just not good enough.