• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight becomes the 1st Hawks player to say the C word

BigDog90

When i first saw the title of this thread i was like " Whoa Dwight , you aint gonna call Horford names like that"
But, i don't ever remember hearing any Hawks player talking about winning a championship , other then  being the top ping pong  player in the locker room

• Like 1

The acquisition of Dwight is a win now move. Don't be surprised to see "all of a sudden" trades /free agency signings for superstars coming soon in the next few years. Dwight has 3-5 good/great years left.

I'm sure Bud told Dwight his vision and how he sees the Hawks in the future. Bud knows just role players in his system is not enough to beat Bron and Cleveland.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, swolehawk2 said:

ATLANTA —
Dwight Howard is coming home, and playing for Hawks Head Coach Mike Budenholzer had a lot to do with him agreeing to terms in Atlanta.

“I really love the coach,” said Howard from Philips Arena where he was watching a Dream game with his family.

“I told him three years ago I really like his style and the way he approaches the game. Just to be able to get coached by somebody like that who’s all about trying to allow you to grow as a player, I’m excited. I’ve seen what Al (Horford) has done in the past.”

The Hawks could have featured a dominant front line with Howard in the middle, Horford at the power forward spot and Paul Millsap at the small forward position, but Horford turned down one of the five richest contracts in NBA history to sign with the Boston Celtics.

“Not really,” said Howard when asked if he was disappointed in not teaming up with Horford. “It was his decision and I actually spoke to him before he made the decision. The thing I wanted him to understand was that this was about him. Whatever decision he made, I’m still going to be friends with him. I’m happy for him. He got a great option and I wish him nothing but the best.”

Howard is hoping to turn the Hawks into the NBA’s best.

“I want to do whatever I can to bring a championship home,” said Howard.

“I know it's not going to be easy, but I've been working extremely hard this summer. I'm very motivated, really pissed off about last season and I'm looking forward to coming back with a new mentality."

Howard’s three-year, $70.5-million dollar contract cannot be officially signed until Thursday.   

http://www.wsbtv.com/sports/howard-talks-about-decision-to-come-to-the-hawks/387291259

Interesting that he says "this is about him". Maybe Al was threatened that Dwight would take the spotlight away from him after spending all these years to become the face after Joe and Josh left.

Meanwhile, he signs to Boston would make him the face of the franchise. Clearly, Al doesn't care winning otherwise he would have waited for KD to make his decision and follow him or try to go to GS/SA/POR regardless like Pau if KD was coming or not. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, swolehawk2 said:

... but Horford turned down one of the five richest contracts in NBA history to sign with the Boston Celtics.

Can we all give management a bit of a break on Alice's walk:) When put in these terms, Whoreford was given every chance to stay. 

I'm getting excited about the season, and we don't even have our roster completed yet;) Change is good!

• Like 1

Howard: I want to bring a championship home

COMMENTS 8

Free access to myAJC for AJC subscribers.

EXPLORE

Jordan D. Hill contributed to this report.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

Good words from dwight. Soon it will be time to prove it, starting in training camp and in the locker room. If we are going to have any chance, we can't have a pouty Dwight mare. I need a pissed off D12 with a massive chip on his shoulder.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I don't care if he even believes it.  In order to reach a major goal, you first have to at least act like the goal exists and is attainable.  That's something no one's had the guts to do.  He gets tremendous credit from me for that.

Can you imagine Alicia even whispering those words under his breath, much less uttering them in an interview?  How about Teague?

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I don't care if he even believes it.  In order to reach a major goal, you first have to at least act like the goal exists and is attainable.  That's something no one's had the guts to do.  He gets tremendous credit from me for that.

Can you imagine Alicia even whispering those words under his breath, much less uttering them in an interview?  How about Teague?

Horford and Teague were softer than the Brie cheese you had with your wine  tonight at the sac (cul de)... Lol

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Horford and Teague were softer than the Brie cheese you had with your wine  tonight at the sac (cul de)... Lol

The wine had such a nice bouquet, I jus ..... waaait you're making fun of .. nevermind. 

Just now, kg01 said:

The wine had such a nice bouquet, I jus ..... waaait you're making fun of .. nevermind. 

Of course not I love wine...a nice Sauvignon...why not. I like Brie too but sometimes I just like that 711 cheese wiz crap lol