• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Reminiscing About The Egg Hawks Laid Against Wizards

Trout7

Did anyone on here think there was anything meaningful in winning the division, if we hadn't sucked so bad in the last game of season to Wizards who were playing 2nd and 3rd lineups.  Or what about the opinion division titles mean nothing without competing for championships.  Division titles don't mean that much to me, but i was just shocked we could not even show up for that game with the division title for the taking.  Maybe getting rid of Teague and Horford will take  some of that big game pansiness out of the Hawks.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, y'all keep thinking Dwight gonna be superman again, Dennis is going to be better than CP3 and Al and Teague weren't better than both of them. Lol.

That 12 game losing streak vs the Cavs will end next season now that we gotten  rid of the players that never show up against them.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, y'all keep thinking Dwight gonna be superman again, Dennis is going to be better than CP3 and Al and Teague weren't better than both of them. Lol.

Playing Devil's advocate, Dennis put up the numbers he did playing mostly with an under-performing bench. It is reasonable to assume that Dennis, playing with the starters, 1 year older, and with Dwight receiving easy assist opportunities, would see a net improvement in his stats.  Last year, Teague posted a 17.98 PER, while Schröder posted a 15.62. His 15.62 PER was good enough for 21st best PG.  Teague's 17.98 qualified him as 14th.  It is reasonable to assume that Schröder could /should move into the top 15 with the starters, Dwight, experience.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Oh stop, you know fans gotta be optimistic.

The real lol moment is you continuously refusing to acknowledge the ceiling the team was under with a certain former Hawk as the walkin' "boss" around here.

Will the moves work?  Maybe, maybe not. Until we know gor sure, no need to deride folks' looking on the bright side.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Yup. I think Teague was holding us back and I'm still looking for toilet paper as soft as Horford for my a$$.

The Teague and Horford core went as far as it would go without a significant piece being added and that significant piece wasn't going to be added easily. You can talk about how they can be pieces to a legit title contender and I'll listen, but you can't claim that they can be “THE” main pieces. From there is where we break off.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

The real lol moment is you continuously refusing to acknowledge the ceiling the team was under with a certain former Hawk as the walkin' "boss" around here.

Will the moves work?  Maybe, maybe not. Until we know gor sure, no need to deride folks' looking on the bright side.

Is there any way that Ryan Cameron can replace "Boss" with "Bum" if Horbag scores a bucket as a Keltic against us in ATL? 

Thatd be hilarious...I can just hear him say in a monotone voice..

Basket by #42 Horford...

Buuuuuuuuuuummmmmm.......

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Teague and went as far as it could go. Changes had to be made. Neither one brought it every night.

Exactly. We already saw three straight postseasons of the Teague - Al combination, and it just didn't get it done. NEXT.

• Like 1

The way I see it with the Hawks, this has two endings for next season:

First ending:

Howard becomes a positive factor again, averaging 16 PTS, 12 REB, and 2 BLK in 30 MPG.

Schröder mostly plays well and ends up averaging 15 PTS and 7 AST in 31 MPG.

Kent Bazemore plays more like he did in his first 48 games of last season and averages 13 PTS and 5 REB while shooting 40% from three.

Kyle Korver rebounds in a lower pressure role (5th option starter and his mins are decreased to 25 MPG, NOT thanks to Hardaway Jr who continues to be average, but thanks to Prince by mid-January) and shoots 44% from three.

Hawks go 53-29, 3rd seed in the East, lose to Cleveland in the ECF in 6.

Second ending:

Howard continues to be a problem child and drives Bud back to drink by January.

Schröder doesn't reign in his erratic periods as much as expected. Stays a starter, but it's much more of a question between him and Delaney or Jack.

Kent Bazemore doesn't rebound to his early season form from last season and ends up on the bench 30 games in.

Kyle Korver proves that he's done and by February, is the 9th man on the bench, averaging 14-18 mins.

In this one the regression a few certain people expect DOES happen. The Hawks slide out of the playoffs in a total collapse, go 33-49, and are completely blowing it up after the 2017 season.

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, y'all keep thinking Dwight gonna be superman again, 2.Dennis is going to be better than CP3 and Al and Teague weren't better than both of them. Lol.

get?url=https%3A%2F%2F38.media.tumblr.co

12 minutes ago, mtnbayou said:

We have the best 4/5 combo in the league.  Hopefully Dwight can stay healthy.  I think he's in for a monster season.

Like the attitude and spirit. We'll do damage inside on both sides of the floor. Stay healthy Dwight. 

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

This.  Look at you making a good point with words and not a GIF.

@NBASupes, time to learn some coping skills.  Whether you like it or not, this is our team.  I for one am excited to see what happens instead of being stuck in playoff mediocrity and a definite ceiling.

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

OK I will. Thanks for your permission, I guess. I was gonna do those things anyway, but now that I have your blessing I feel much better about my day! :lmao:

4 hours ago, sturt said:

Losing Horf was not part of the plan, obviously. The plan was to keep him, sign Dwight, and gain some additional assets--likely at least one who would threaten to be an elite shooter--from trading Sap. But.... as they say... poop happens.

I think it's already been established that trading Sap wasn't part of the plan either - keeping all three of them was the plan.